Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

next big thing?

any upcoming triple A MMO on the horizon? what would be the mainstream release closest to release?

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by arcdevil

any upcoming triple A MMO on the horizon? what would be the mainstream release closest to release?

STO would be my guess though whether it's the next big thing remains to be seen, I highly doubt it will be. Star Trek games hardly ever do well, it seems people want it all in a trek game, which will never happen.

Personally, I dislike the Trek.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

IF (a big if) tera's combat system becomes popular among people we may start getting more hack and slash games.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I think star trek was always more focussed on the personalities than the lore so it wouldnt translate too well into an mmo.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Triple A does not make it a good game.  WAR was triple A.  It has less than 100k subs now.  Go look at small independent developers if you want anything unique.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

STO will fail hard.

If SW:TOR is fun, it's going to be huge. Regardless of anything else, it just needs to be fun and coming from Bioware.... chances are high that it will be.

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559

I would take a close look at Mortal Online.  Its being developed by an "Indy company".  Game still has alot of work that needs to be finished,  but if you like the genre then I think its a good investment now to buy the game.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

TOR, FF 14, and couple unannounced MMOs such as Blizzards and maybe even Red 5 Studios.  Didn't someone talk about a War 40k MMO being made?  Other than that I don't really see anything becoming "the big thing" just a few small niche games here and there.