Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player looking for some advice

Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

Ok so i beta'd this game wayyyy back and rage quit over 2 things.  1st my friend ragequit and the community back then was hardly group orientated.  2nd i could never make a profit from doing those hauling missions (basically i could not trade from port to port to make a profit).  This all but killed my idea of being a trader.

Anyway now i am back on a trial and i am considering buying a sub.  I have a few questions though:

1. Sever pop:  I am Australian so naturally i rolled up on Defiant however people have been telling me its all but dead.  I checked out Blackbeard for an hour or so and actually saw another player.  Is this like SWG where you flock to 1 server or the other no matter what timezone because its the only one with players?

2. As a freetrader.  Is it possible to make a profit hauling goods back and forth between other ports without using the auction house or selling to players?  If not is there a way to do it using the auction house?

3. As a privateer i really feel like picking on traders (preferably players) is it viable (with the special privateer skill) to attack player merchants in red zones?  If so what level could you start doing this at?

4. As a privateer is it better to OS grind around your home port or move further out into the sea or into other nations territories for better pickings?

And any other advice would be appreciated.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
-Solid non level based game
-Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

Comments

• HannothanHannothan Member Posts: 13

1: Yes. It's more cyclical though. People tend to jump to one server, once population takes a dip, they jump to another. Leveling is easy enough so it's only a slight pain in the rear

2: No point in hauling if you're not using the goods for production in another port, or intent to sell them in that port. There are other things to make money. Grinding fleets and daily missions. However, prices on the auction house are so inflated it's really easy to undercut the competition and make some serious cash if you're smart about it.

3: It really depends. Chances are they won't be hauling anything decent. It takes skill to catch a freetrader. They are fast at specific angles... but the privateer is a viable class.

4: Grind fleets in any newbie zone with a friend for quick leveling. Or just do missions. Either way leveling is easy.