Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To the people complaining about TTK

cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

Allods online is not a game your supposed to solo, its a MMORPG, therefor, your supposed to group up. In allods you can do this from the very start. When you start duoing you will see the TTK is like 99% of the other MMOs out there.

Also. i see some people complain about TTK vs XP gain, you should know thats been toned down a lot in the NA/EU CB..

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Comments

• GriffinRedGriffinRed Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by cyandk

Allods online is not a game your supposed to solo, its a MMORPG, therefor, your supposed to group up. In allods you can do this from the very start. When you start duoing you will see the TTK is like 99% of the other MMOs out there.

That's fine -- except I've found it very difficult to team up so far.  The other night, I tried for about an hour to team with people for the Grave Grotto/Nautilus tasks.  Despite the fact there were 25 people running around doing the same quests, no one accepted the offer.  What's worse, they'd just run past when I was in battles with regular mobs, so they could get to the Named before me.  Not a very helpful community at all...

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by GriffinRed

Originally posted by cyandk

That's fine -- except I've found it very difficult to team up so far.  The other night, I tried for about an hour to team with people for the Grave Grotto/Nautilus tasks.  Despite the fact there were 25 people running around doing the same quests, no one accepted the offer.  What's worse, they'd just run past when I was in battles with regular mobs, so they could get to the Named before me.  Not a very helpful community at all...

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMORPGs, the place where people wants to chat in a single player game!.. No seriously that happens in every single game. But Allods is different and people will learn fast enough that duoing (and grouping) is the way to go in this game.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

I find it funny anyone complains about being difficult to get into a group.

I`ve done every single group quest in the current CB, all grouped, and all I had to do to get an invite was hang around the area where the spawn was. People would show up, and ask if I needed the quest, invite me and we`d knock it out.

I tend to suspect anyone having a problem getting a group, is probably a troublemaker.

• GriffinRedGriffinRed Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Euphoryk

I`ve done every single group quest in the current CB, all grouped, and all I had to do to get an invite was hang around the area where the spawn was. People would show up, and ask if I needed the quest, invite me and we`d knock it out.
    I tend to suspect anyone having a problem getting a group, is probably a troublemaker.

Glad you had better luck than I did finding groups, but your presumption that I'm some kind of "troublemaker" is ridiculous.

Far from being a "troublemaker", I would actively help other players with their fights, thinking it would show them how efficient teaming could be.  Just a lightning blast here or there to add a little damage -- although I did pull one mob off a caster who was being double-teamed and in danger of going down.  She at least said "Thanks", but when I asked to team up, she just ran off.

• UknownAspectUknownAspect Member Posts: 277
    Originally posted by GriffinRed

Originally posted by Euphoryk

Glad you had better luck than I did finding groups, but your presumption that I'm some kind of "troublemaker" is ridiculous.

Far from being a "troublemaker", I would actively help other players with their fights, thinking it would show them how efficient teaming could be.  Just a lightning blast here or there to add a little damage -- although I did pull one mob off a caster who was being double-teamed and in danger of going down.  She at least said "Thanks", but when I asked to team up, she just ran off.

I think you are just getting the bad luck with the players you meet.  My gf and I have been duoing most of the time, but we've come across some friendly people that we grouped up with for no reason, just to help them out or have someone else to talk to. 

It may be hard to do in the starting areas before level 6 or 7, just because a lot of people are hesitant, and most would assume the average player is abrasive or "douchey".  So when people are approached with friendly words, they'll open up and be more willing to help, but you have to show this.  Instead of saying, "Hey wanna team up?", say, "Hey, I'm trying to do this quest, but I'm having trouble killing this big guy here, do you need him too? wanna help me out?".

Approach other people with respect and humility and you'll find that it's much easier to group up, assume the best in people, most of the time, you'll find it.

MMOs played: Horizons, Auto Assault, Ryzom, EVE, WAR, WoW, EQ2, LotRO, GW, DAoC, Aion, Requiem, Atlantica, DDO, Allods, Earth Eternal, Fallen Earth, Rift
    Willing to try anything new