Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TTK is the biggest flaw I see in Allods

StratfordStratford Member CommonPosts: 112

I like the game a lot, it's got great potential.  But I've tried 4 classes so far, and the time to kill metric is MUCH too slow.  In fact in betas, it's usually turned up a tad so folks can help test higher levels of content.  But the way it is now?  It's simply too boring.  Combat is the key to this game (as most themepark MMOs), and folks simply won't stand for the solo TTK metric the way it is.  I know it's fine for grouping and even duoing, but if you deny the fact that most folks approach F2P MMOs as soloers, your head's in the sand.

I don't want 1-shot kills at level 1, duh, don't be an idiot and go down that straw argument route.  I'm just saying the TTK needs a tweak for Allods to hold onto any substantial western player numbers.

Comments

• Equilibrium_JWEquilibrium_JW Member Posts: 201

I couldn't agree with you more. That and the world wasn't populated, but it is a closed beta, that will come. The #1 thing that I saw wrong with the game is that it was a grind. Similar to Aion, and people are bleeding out of that game.

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

It seems like there arent much quests translated in european CBT. In russian OBT there was no grind. TTK is... random? You can 2hit some mobs (like man-eating-tigers in holy lands -2.5k hp low resits and almost no anticrit) and some mobs (like bareassed rhinos - ~6k hp, high armor, resists and huge anticrit) may take 20 seconds to kill.

I hope it will be fixed. getting 25% resists when it says 0% chance of enemy of same lvl to resist your spell sux, add 100% crit (you crit 35% of time) and 10% to be hit with crit (when the actual % is 50)

p.s. at least they've fixed the mob damage 2k crits (OBT launch) to 500 (2 days ago)... slowpokes.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

This is my one complaint with the game. It does take too long to kill the same level mob. I would rather give/take more damage so it wouldn't take so long.

• MaddfaceMaddface Member Posts: 2

What I've heard is they turned down the exp we get from quests and mobs and such. This is so everyone doesn't reach lvl 10 in a day and sit around with nothing to do. They want us to take it slow and test all the material. This most likely affects the time it takes to kill a mob as well.

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Maddface

What I've heard is they turned down the exp we get from quests and mobs and such. This is so everyone doesn't reach lvl 10 in a day and sit around with nothing to do. They want us to take it slow and test all the material. This most likely affects the time it takes to kill a mob as well.

Yes, this is true. I played the russian OBT and its easy for even a retarded monkey to get to lvl 10 within 3 hours there.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• spladsplad Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by cyandk

Originally posted by Maddface

Yes, this is true. I played the russian OBT and its easy for even a retarded monkey to get to lvl 10 within 3 hours there.

oh sweet, then once they set the english client numbers to normal mode, i should be able to do it within 4 to 5 hours!

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

AFter a couple fights I was bored to death thanks to the TTK... Is to slow and it makes every fight boring as hell.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World