Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RealmLords Wide Beta (public invitation)

Are you...

• comfortable with games that are free roaming, do what you feel like, and with minimal quests
  • a gamer who appreciates Western styled Fantasy MMORPGs
  • accepting of Indie Developers and low budget (in this case micro budget) games
  • a person who enjoys guild activity, even one who makes a good guild leader
  • a fan of games that DO NOT have instancing of any sort
  • okay with checking out a game that isn't quite finished and helping by reporting bugs / issues

If so, feel free to join us at RealmLords.  This is our second beta (the first went badly due to server cpu loading issues).

There are over 25 square miles of overland zones.  Non-instanced dungeons.  RvR gameplay with 3 factions and 12 classes plus multiclassing. Over 10 thousand standing mobs.  Very deep gear crafting system that actually produces decent gear.

Some turn offs...

• character customization isn't done.  Some races don't have face/hair selection.
  • quest system is a crude rough draft.  Most of us don't even bother with them, dungeons are more fun.
  • player housing wasn't able to be finished in time for beta 2.  I hope to have it done by release.
  • documentation?  ha... what documentation?  Web site is getting better though.

Fair Warning: Anyone who loves World of Warcraft as the ultimate in MMORPG gaming will NOT like RealmLords.

Nerdy trivia:

• server capacity is currently at around 600 simultaneous players online.
  • the game is based on Torque Game Engine 1.52 with the Prairie Games MMO Kit.
  • its taken me 18 months of full time work (engine coding and game design) to get it this far.

There is no special sign-up.  Client is available from the web site.  Any questions, reach me via the RealmLords forum.

http://www.RealmLords.com

Best Wishes,

Ken Fisher

www.ActionMMORPG.com
One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

Comments

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

Here's a fly-through video of a Syndicate zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CfvyyV1tQs

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Ken, glad to hear it's finally able to be in Open Beta!

...now just waiting for the announcement where it goes back into Closed Beta and you put it a little closer to the original design plan that when I played actively around a month ago. ;)

I'm working on it.  Just making sure everything is solid tech wise.

Beta 2 is going great (far better than 1 did)... these players find bugs faster than I can fix them :-)

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

I wen't to the website but says not available until 2 weeks.

Sorry about that.  I'm locking up B2 to make changes for final release 2nd week in December.

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com