Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The musical score... amazing.

GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

FFXI was my first MMO ever. Right now I'm listening to the soundtrack of the game, and it just floods back so many memories. Each song brings back a specific memory. Keep in mind, I started playing at NA PC release.

Ronfaure - first time going ot and actually fighting something. I didn't know how to check monsters, or to heal... I would run around asking everyone where I buy potions, and when I finally found them I couldn't afford them. Then someone told me to hit * lol...

Gustaberg - Camping Leaping lizzy. Even if I never got the drop, just running around with some friends was awesome.

Selbina - First dunes party. Long ass kills for 200xp, to me it was AMAZING!

Sandoria - Talk to NPCs thinking they were just really rude players not talking back. First thing I did was get a quest to give an onion to a woman in a tower nearby. I thought quests were what I was supposed to do lol.

Theres a ton more, but man I don't know if its because it was my first MMO or what, but this music has so much power.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
-Narcissism: check.

Comments

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Lol, kinda how I felt when hearing the POL viewer starting up again in 4years :). Still a killer game imo. I have heard a lot of peeps coming back since the announcement of FF14.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by GPrestige

FFXI was my first MMO ever. Right now I'm listening to the soundtrack of the game, and it just floods back so many memories. Each song brings back a specific memory. Keep in mind, I started playing at NA PC release.

Ronfaure - first time going ot and actually fighting something. I didn't know how to check monsters, or to heal... I would run around asking everyone where I buy potions, and when I finally found them I couldn't afford them. Then someone told me to hit * lol...
    Gustaberg - Camping Leaping lizzy. Even if I never got the drop, just running around with some friends was awesome.
    Selbina - First dunes party. Long ass kills for 200xp, to me it was AMAZING!
    Sandoria - Talk to NPCs thinking they were just really rude players not talking back. First thing I did was get a quest to give an onion to a woman in a tower nearby. I thought quests were what I was supposed to do lol.

Theres a ton more, but man I don't know if its because it was my first MMO or what, but this music has so much power.

Yep... FFXI has an amazing score and the songs do bring back memories to be certain.

FFXIV's promises to be quite fantastic as well with Nobuo Uematsu scoring the entire soundtrack.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

The weird thing is in MMORPG.com's review they critisized the sound >.> But I do like FFXI's soundtrack <3

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem