Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft bans 1 million Xbox Live Players !

124»

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Lesson learned: Dont use Micro$oft products.

When it comes to PC OS you dont have much choice but when it comes you gaming consoles you do.

• PratzStrikePratzStrike Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by eric1000

Second and more importantly the technical quality of todays releases is suspect at best and attrocious at worst.  Allow me to clarify that for a moment.  Before we had the internet games suffered much less from serious bug issues as the developer would have to foot the bill for sending out patches on request on disk.  These costs were made up from creating the patch, paying someone to sift through thousands of letters, paying someone else to put the patch onto disks, the cost of the disks themselves and of course the postage costs.  With the internet patches became downloadable and much cheaper to get to the end user, quality took a nose dive with the paying public now a convenient and unpaid horde of beta testers.

There it is, piracy in a nutshell.

The county where I live has a 15% unemployment rate. I have tried for 3 or 4 YEARS to get back on anywhere in town (small town of about 2,000 people) - at the factories, at the fast food places, at the stores, anywhere. There are no jobs where I live. I can't move out because I have no money, and my experience with new games is relegated to listening to my friends play them over Ventrilo. I've got a WoW account because a family member plays and wants me to keep playing (I really don't like WoW) and the same family member gets me a month or two of City of Heroes every so often. The urge to torrent isn't just strong, it's almost irresistible. Why the hell do you think I'm on a site about free MMOs in the first place, because I like the games? Hell no, I'm here because I'm not just broke, but completely busted! So don't talk to me about being lazy, or leeching - talk to me about how you're gonna help me get a job in a place that's drying up so I can afford $60 for a 3 hour game that later on turns out to be a giant pile of crap.

Case in point, and it was mentioned earlier: 4 of my friends pre-ordered Empire: Total War because there was supposed to be a multiplayer campaign mode included. Here we are a year later and not a one of them is going to get Napoleon: Total War. How much longer are you going to sit there and piss your money away on games like that?

• hybridfuryhybridfury Member Posts: 138

PS3 FTW!  That is all, carry on.

Currently Playing: Toying around with AoC and bored with Darkfall

Thinking of Playing: Fallen Earth or Darkfall after this months update.

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

• ArarisAraris Member Posts: 5

[MOD EDIT - LOCKING THE THREAD. I THINK WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH PIRACY TALK. - ARARIS]

This discussion has been closed.