Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting a trial? Look here first!

RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

Ok guys, I have seen several people are interested in this new November double exp thing, and some even more excited about the bonuses for signing up for an extended period. BEFORE you do this, please save yourself some money, and get some MORE bonuses by doing the following:

Make a trial account. Once it is setup, DO NOT make a subscription. Copy and paste this link, AFTER you have finished making your trial account:

register.ageofconan.com/account/subscription/ctrl/upgrade/AGEOFCONAN-DIGITAL-TRIALCONVERT-NEW

That gives you 75% off the box cost, bringing the cost to less than 5 bucks. That includes the client, and a month worth of gameplay. So, you just saved yourself cash if you had planned to pay the 19.99 that they have plastered everywhere, even in the account page. However, it gets better. You get the Snow Mammoth, plus the free bag, PLUS you get to choose a "starter weapon" of rare quality. I picked the staff, and if gives +6 magic damage, +2 fatality chance, and 1% more exp. Is it crazy good? No, but it is free, and you can /claim it on all your noob chars. And the +2 fatality is pretty darned nice in Tortage. I am sure it is even better for the melee classes that pick a weapon.

So, maximize your time and bonuses by doing this, while reducing your costs!

Comments

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

Bumping this thread to keep it known. It as slipping tot he third page. Don't pay too much! I talk to people in Global constantly, and it seem that a LOT of people did not know this, and paid 19.95 to upgrade their trial. Wasted money folks! And on top of that, you lose out on the special weapon, Snow Mammoth and bag!

• khryz90khryz90 Member Posts: 3

i can't find the way to make a trial account...

they ask for a subscription. 

my bad... i suppose i need a trial key first right?

Originally posted by khryz90

Nope, go here:

http://www.ageofconan.com/trial/

• storminastormina Member Posts: 24

Bummer, I upped my trial to a sub about a month ago and did not know of this offer (or if it was even in then).

I did get a Mammoth and bag though, just no weapon. I also paid the 19.99.

Ah well, thanks for putting this up there for anyone else who wants to get the game.

Originally posted by stormina

Bummer, I upped my trial to a sub about a month ago and did not know of this offer (or if it was even in then).
    I did get a Mammoth and bag though, just no weapon. I also paid the 19.99.
    Ah well, thanks for putting this up there for anyone else who wants to get the game.

Yeah, it sucks. I do not know how long that they have been running the offer, but at least a week.

• khryz90khryz90 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Rallycart

Originally posted by khryz90

Nope, go here:

http://www.ageofconan.com/trial/

thanks a lot!

• FrobnerFrobner Member Posts: 649

My advice to everyone even thinking of subbing for AOC - or even buying it to make use of the "good offer".

DONT - Go pick up Dragon Age Origins and enjoy fresh game with diffrent gameplay than what MMOs are offering. Its diffrent but refreshing in these days of same old same old MMO games and PR stunts beeing thrown out.

You wont regret it

Originally posted by Frobner

My advice to everyone even thinking of subbing for AOC - or even buying it to make use of the "good offer".
    DONT - Go pick up Dragon Age Origins and enjoy fresh game with diffrent gameplay than what MMOs are offering. Its diffrent but refreshing in these days of same old same old MMO games and PR stunts beeing thrown out.
    You wont regret it

Really though, at just 5 dollars for the client AND a month of gameplay AND th bonus items, I just don't see how you can pass up on AoC right now. Dragon Age is what, 50 bucks? Get them both if that is what you want to do. 5 dollars is hardly going to break the bank for anyone looking at spending 50 on a game.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Ok guys, I have seen several people are interested in this new November double exp thing, and some even more excited about the bonuses for signing up for an extended period. BEFORE you do this, please save yourself some money, and get some MORE bonuses by doing the following:
    Make a trial account. Once it is setup, DO NOT make a subscription. Copy and paste this link, AFTER you have finished making your trial account:
    register.ageofconan.com/account/subscription/ctrl/upgrade/AGEOFCONAN-DIGITAL-TRIALCONVERT-NEW
    That gives you 75% off the box cost, bringing the cost to less than 5 bucks. That includes the client, and a month worth of gameplay. So, you just saved yourself cash if you had planned to pay the 19.99 that they have plastered everywhere, even in the account page. However, it gets better. You get the Snow Mammoth, plus the free bag, PLUS you get to choose a "starter weapon" of rare quality. I picked the staff, and if gives +6 magic damage, +2 fatality chance, and 1% more exp. Is it crazy good? No, but it is free, and you can /claim it on all your noob chars. And the +2 fatality is pretty darned nice in Tortage. I am sure it is even better for the melee classes that pick a weapon.

Sound advice!

Bumping this up again for all the people about to get home, or that just got home. Now is the time to try AoC! You wont get better deals than this unless it goes free to play.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Bumping this up again for all the people about to get home, or that just got home. Now is the time to try AoC! You wont get better deals than this unless it goes free to play.

This to throw money away. The game is still the same thing it was 6 months ago. Plus some new crashes from the latest patches

Originally posted by tryklon

This to throw money away. The game is still the same thing it was 6 months ago. Plus some new crashes from the latest patches

Not everyone was playing 6 months ago. I know I wasnt. Many left at launch, and have not tried it again yet. Or they took the re-invite from a while back, and didn't give it another shot. Or, they have been on the fence, and never tried the game, and didn't want to shell out 20 dollars to find out.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by Frobner

You wont regret it

I did get Dragon Age Origins... I ended up giving it to my son, and kept going at AoC. I guess I'll keep Dragon Age as a back up for when my ISP fucks up.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

BTW  if you resub the game you can buy TIme card like 60days for under $20.. I bought mine for under $15 from B&N.

• houllierhoullier Member Posts: 2

After i got my trial acc i tried to buy the game, but all the pricing are listed in Euro, including the sub plans

I downloaded my trial US version, anyone knows what is wrong?

Originally posted by houllier

After i got my trial acc i tried to buy the game, but all the pricing are listed in Euro, including the sub plans
    I downloaded my trial US version, anyone knows what is wrong?

You signed up with a European address. Due to this, they set your billings to euro. Same happened to me, and that is from Early Access. Even though I played on the American servers, I had to pay in euro.

• houllierhoullier Member Posts: 2

aww crap, that means i have to register with a fake US address?

• TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

I take it this is only good for new accounts? I cancelled my sub last year but am planning on resubbing in the next couple of days. More interested in the bonuses (Snow Mammoth and bag). Already have the regular Mammoth and Drinking Cape for preordering the CE but wasn't sure if there was "one-only" limit to the number of mounts you could have. Muchas gracias in advance for any info you can provide :)

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

Originally posted by TarotMage

I take it this is only good for new accounts? I cancelled my sub last year but am planning on resubbing in the next couple of days. More interested in the bonuses (Snow Mammoth and bag). Already have the regular Mammoth and Drinking Cape for preordering the CE but wasn't sure if there was "one-only" limit to the number of mounts you could have. Muchas gracias in advance for any info you can provide :)

It is for trial upgrades only, yes. Sorry. However, as far as I am aware, any new account these days gets the Snow Mammoth.

Originally posted by houllier

aww crap, that means i have to register with a fake US address?

No, you do not need to use a fake address. You can still play fine with your own address. You will just need to pay in Euro.

• eggbert20eggbert20 Member Posts: 11

Hey, thanks very much Rally for the info. I was going to try the game out again to see if it would be worth getting some of the multi-month deals. You can't beat getting the client, game time, and bonuses for $5.