Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Definitely try this game

n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

This is the true spiritual successor to Everquest. If you ever had a fondness for that game, then this is the one to pick up. The world is ridiculously massive, with many fun dungeons to stumble upon. You'll have to make multiple characters if you want to experience them all at a level appropriate range, and half the fun is coming across a dungeon just by exploring. Another great benefit to exploration is that if you can see it, you can go there. Find a house? Go on in. See a creepy mountain range? Go explore it.  If it's your first time playing, I would suggest avoiding class guides, leveling guides, and dungeon guides; just explore the world and have fun finding new things.

There's also a lot of things to do in the world apart from leveling. One of my favorite pass times is to take my boat out onto the ocean at sunset, put on some music, and fish till the morning. With their prices having gone down drastically since they first came out, it's definitely reasonable to be able to afford a starter boat by lvl 15-20. Even when I feel like leveling, it isn't as bad a grind as most games; there's a particularly fun group of wannabe heroes that constantly require you to fix their mistakes, and they offer you some nice gear for the assistance.

The only downside to the game is its population. At peak times you should be able to find a group for most things you want to do, but if you're an off-peak player, you'll definitely want to get a friend to pick up the game with you. A fun combo I found to start out with a friend is Cleric/Druid - you should be able to take on most early dungeons with just the two of you.

In any case, give the game a try. The community is helpful, and you'll rarely find yourself without a question answered if you ask it in a polite way. The free trial is plenty of time to decide whether or not the game is for you.