Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flying Lab are looking to re-enforce their team

DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

FLS are currently developing an award winning expansion called Power & Prestige & need all the help they can get.

From what I hear they are a great company to work for.

If you think you can help go to flyinglab.com click on jobs & get in your application now!

Comments

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

If they're currently developing it, how could it have won awards?

And really, I don't understand the purpose of your post. You're encouraging us to go work for FLS?  How does that concern you?

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by Vetarnias

And really, I don't understand the purpose of your post. You're encouraging us to go work for FLS?  How does that concern you?

Power & Prestige won an award for best new feature referring to original ideas that were around various stands at Pax.

It concerns me because we all want to see the potential in Potbs released as soon as possible; it's only when a mmorpg has run out of it can you say it does not have more to offer. The sooner FLS fulfil its vacancies the sooner good quality content will become available.

Recently played Aion but its the same old slash-n-hack WoW clone with better graphics so I quickly got bored & would love to see a Potbs revival which is based on truly original 1720's "Age of Sail" concepts. 

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Because the Games Industry is full of sycophants.

IIRC PotBS won a number of awards pre-release too.  Hmmmmm.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• RagrozRagroz Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by DJXeon 
    It concerns me because we all want to see the potential in Potbs released as soon as possible; it's only when a mmorpg has run out of it can you say it does not have more to offer. The sooner FLS fulfil its vacancies the sooner good quality content will become available.

We all wanted to see the potential of PotBS realised and good quality content when it was released - not 2 years later.

Originally posted by Ragroz

Originally posted by DJXeon 

We all wanted to see the potential of PotBS realised and good quality content when it was released - not 2 years later.

Very true, I think the Power & Presige Expansion will be the last chance so I hope FLS will pull all the stops out to get it right.

Not impossible but much harder to come back from low populations. 

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

Hmm, it seems they are still advertising the game; saw a side banner ad on this site: "Pirates of the Burning Sea: The Second Wave".  But what exactly is this "second wave" supposed to be?  Shouldn't this kind of rhetoric be kept for the expansion, which isn't due until next year?

Hmm, it seems they are still advertising the game; saw a side banner ad on this site: "Pirates of the Burning Sea: The Second Wave".  But what exactly is this "second wave" supposed to be?  Shouldn't this kind of rhetoric be kept for the expansion, which isn't due until next year?

From my interpretation of it "2nd wave" means that the marketing experts that FLS have been consulting know that all mmorpgs often get a second wave of players after the initial hype & trauma of the post launch players have settled down.

Power & Prestige should bring in a 3rd wave & attract back un-subbed veterans; nobody is predicting how big the wave will be.

FLS would obviously like it to be a sumarmi.