Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game really as bad?

cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

As the whiners on the forum wants it to be? The PvP videos i have seen looks pretty decent and since PvP is the only thing that can keep me interrested, i really wanna know if its any good.

Cheers.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Comments

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I actually think the game is pretty decent.

It will be one of the best, if not actually the best, F2P game in the market

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Better than RoM?

Cause they are doin great for F2P. I actually log in to play there cause I want to.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Better than RoM?
    Cause they are doin great for F2P. I actually log in to play there cause I want to.

If your serious about that the future for Allods can't be good, since RoM is the worst attempt of a f2p game yet.

The fact that blizzard havent sued their ass yet is surprising... Or maybe they are just laughing at it.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

true, RoM was fun till th moment i realised 2 things

there is cash shop item that prevents item drop permamently - no purpose to pk

to get best items u need to raid insanely like in wow -  too grindy

i am very curious about these 2 features in alganon, particulary when i know that diablo3 is rescheduled on 2011 

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

Originally posted by cyandk
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust Better than RoM?

If your serious about that the future for Allods can't be good, since RoM is the worst attempt of a f2p game yet.
    The fact that blizzard havent sued their ass yet is surprising... Or maybe they are just laughing at it.

As a gamer who has beta tested and subbed so many games. And read this BS....All I have to add is:

Nice negative to RoM...but I think you have NO FRIGGIN IDEA what you are talking about where RoM is concerned.

Thanks though....

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

Ok before I comment on Allods I want to say this.

1. Raids and Instances are there as content and alot of people like that more so than the amount of people that dislike it. Completling them gives a sense of accomplishment as well.

2. There is still a point of pking in RoM even if items dont drop. And that is KILLING PEOPLE AND PISSING THEM OFF. Starting wars, and so on.

3. RoM is a great F2P game out. In my opinion RoM, Requiem, and DDO are the best f2p games out with RoM sitting comfortablly on top.

Now with that said.

Allods is currently in CLOSED BETA 1 of the US/English version. It has bugs, it has plenty of them and thats why its in CLOSED BETA. If your in the beta you should know this and you should be making bug reports and suggestions. Not just bitching about it on another website saying it is bad. The game is very good. It has alot of unique features of the game. I like the game alot. I personally think itll overtake RoM when it goes live. The MAX lvl for closed beta 1 if you read news on their website says 10. Though max lvl in the game is 40. Its not lvl 100-200 Which is a huge bonus. Yea XP isnt in abudance while questing and if you dont stat right you miss a bunch which can make combat slow for some people. I dont have that problem, I can 2-3 Shot most mobs. I got 1 of each race/class combo to lvl 4 that im intrested in. I cannot confirm nor deny what may be said about PVP yet because I havent experienced it. Also I cannot comment on high lvl content. I know the game has raid/pit bosses like L2 and RF Online. Im not sure if it has instances at all. I hope it does. However it is infact a Faction vs Faction game which again anyone can find out about with ease. Point is People want something to complain or bitch about or they want everything to be World of Warcraft or Lineage 2. This game comes to close as original as any other MMO ive played in years. Yea many things are alike many other games. But Not exactly alike nor a rip off of.

If you got any questions please ask me. Ill do my best to respond.

• LuminaroLuminaro Member Posts: 11

I think as soon as they fix some bugs, add auto attack and rework the whole combat system, the game can be a really good and fun one.

For being in the first closed beta, I think the game in is in great shape, just needs to fix the ugly clunky combat.

Saying Allods is in closed beta is jackass at best....

It is where it needs to be for people to give a review. And the review isn't good as far as I have seen it.

Open beta is when you can start talking about reviews, k thx.

Jackassery is judging a game the day CLOSED BETA STARTS

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

AO isn't bad, but it's another WoW-clone in terms of gameplay.

And like most WoW-clones, it doesn't do anything that WoW doesn't do better.

In fact, RoM has a few features that WoW doesn't have, even though most stuff in RoM is just broken.

On the other hand, it looks like AO adds nothing to the WoW-formula except astral ship combat...

Hype train -> Reality

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

It is where it needs to be for people to give a review. And the review isn't good as far as I have seen it.

Allods is in late open beta in russia so it is pretty much done

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• VorsVors Member UncommonPosts: 13

lol this kid.

Originally posted by daydreamerxx

It has alot of unique features

like... what? Granted, it has a great and original setting, and then there's astral ships. But other than that?

Hype train -> Reality

As A scout your enchanted arrows

As a Psion your Mental Link abilities and combos

Many classes have this kind of thing and there is only 1 game that has something close and that is Aion.

GOBLINBALL!!

Astrals Ships

And yea your right the Russian version has been in open beta.

but this isnt the russian version. The game has to have its bug fixes, translations, content updates and then the translations and bug fixes for those. In the end it can be a completely different game because it is being published by a completly different company. XP Bonuses to make leveling faster. Item Malls which can be good or bad but that is a very touch subject.

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by VowOfSilence

It has alot of unique features

like... what? Granted, it has a great and original setting, and then there's astral ships. But other than that?

How many does it need to pass your test? If it even has some twists and turns in gameplay its a welcome change. AO is a good game especially for f2p. I would pay a sub actually if it was p2p. I logged in last night and lost 6hrs without thinking about it or even knowing till the wife said it was 2 am. A game that can do that doesnt need to reinvent the wheel.

I agree, I hate Alganon with a passion, but I don't find the "clone" of Allods nearly as bad and I would pay for a sub for the game. Though, I won't play it as a F2P game because I don't like item shops.

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Allods is actually pretty fun, and good too for a closed beta.  its not nearly as WoW-clony as i expected. i  have no doubt itll beat runes of magic in beging the most popular F2P mmo in the west

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

And like most WoW-clones, it doesn't do anything that WoW doesn't do better.

Except look better and have an excellent immersive and plot-driven tutorial, both of which made me want to play past level 5, unlike WoW. Just in my opinion, of course.

How many does it need to pass your test? If it even has some twists and turns in gameplay its a welcome change. AO is a good game especially for f2p.

Well.. Let's compare it to Runes of Magic. RoM is arguably a WoW-clone as well, but hey - it has dual classes that add variety, a good upgrade system, extensive player/guild-housing, and some other stuff that was added later on. AO doesn't even have that.

Don't get me wrong - I actually enjoy playing AO right now, more so than RoM.

But i doubt that playing 40 lvls of a reskinned, sub-par WoW will be much fun in the long run. And once you reach the astral endgame that is different from WoW, you'll probably find out you'll have to spend a good amount of money to get anywhere...

Hype train -> Reality

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190

It has alot of unique feature

I would not say all are unique with the genre now approaching 15 years. There is a unique blend of features that sets this game apart.

1) Most classes are built to be hybrids.

2) Some unique mechanics (mental link, imbue arrows, element stacking, draining blood)

3) non-typical races (play as three gibberlings, undead mechanical race, elves with wings)

4) More control over stat and ability progression.

5) Combat and damage seem to be more random with skills hitting for a wide range of damage depending on your stats.

6) Don't know if this will change, but no auto attack. <-- very nice for PvP.

7) Blend of energy and mana bars with the different classes.

8) Skill chains and effects much more common.

Just a few things that I have seen first hand in the game. It does have a slight learning curve with stat distribution which can make lower levels harder. People tend to think in max damage and don't realize they need to hit the target first. Armor penetration can be a big factor as well. My subsequent characters after my first two attempts were much more powerful.

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• fraglagfraglag Member Posts: 1

I have been playing wow since its release and I can say that Like most revolutionary games people will take things that game does right and add it to their own formula. I mean this has been the same for every ground breaking game out there. To say that every game is its own right down to the core is ignorant. You cant do much with mmo's at the core they all have the same mechanics. You have to look at a game as a whole and to be honest this is not a clone. The pvp, how professions are done, abilities, characters, story, weapons/armor, its f2p which means everything from patches /game content/ expansions will be done differently, death, and the world isn’t even close to being anything like wow. Its a joke to me that people will call every game a wow clone you can easily look at many popular rpg and mmos before wow and see what wow took from them and implemented into their game. Is every fps a clone of some other that came before it, just because it has guns, online game play, crosshairs, ammo, or rifles grenades and such. I mean when a game does something right that will be the framework for any game that comes after, its those other details that will set it apart. Try to play the game and look at the bigger picture before bashing it calling it a copycat. This game is amazing for a f2p and it is even better than many many p2p I have played. And as far as WoW being better, yea imo it’s the best mmorpg on the market. But to compare it to this game is wrong why because it has been on for awhile now which means it’s been through patches upon patches and a few expansions. Not to mention the funds that are pouring in but it isn’t the end all for mmos there will be plenty of mmos that will be very entertaining and successful and AO is one of them, making it f2p is just a perk Imo.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

How many does it need to pass your test? If it even has some twists and turns in gameplay its a welcome change. AO is a good game especially for f2p.

Well.. Let's compare it to Runes of Magic. RoM is arguably a WoW-clone as well, but hey - it has dual classes that add variety, a good upgrade system, extensive player/guild-housing, and some other stuff that was added later on. AO doesn't even have that.

Don't get me wrong - I actually enjoy playing AO right now, more so than RoM.

But i doubt that playing 40 lvls of a reskinned, sub-par WoW will be much fun in the long run. And once you reach the astral endgame that is different from WoW, you'll probably find out you'll have to spend a good amount of money to get anywhere...

Played RoM in closed and open beta and I didn't see any guild house until much later after live launch. The player houses in RoM is a complete joke too. You need to spend well over $14.99 a month to even feel somewhat compelled to enter your house to get items to decorate. If I wanted to dis out money on an MMO for player houses, I'd go back to EQ2 where they did it right.

I do love the duel class system, but having a talent tree that can make my character different is just as good for me. <much like WoW, but scaled down> Like somebody said earlier, why reinvent the wheel? Especially on a f2p game? Leave the innovation to the big name companies that have the funds to make a more original game....or just be NCsoft and make Aion :)

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• cichiceancichicean Member UncommonPosts: 18

I played WoW for a couple of weeks, a few years back, while it was in beta test and i hated it. I played RoM while it was in beta test and i hated it for being another WoW, now i play Allods and i hate this one too for being just like WoW. I'm not saying it's a clone or a ripoff, but it has the same gameplay, mechanics, pvp system, loot system, drops, etc. Nothing new.

What i hate the most is "click the target, spam the attack button(s) and wait", where is the fun in that? Another thing that drives me crazy is the list generated loot system. And last but not least, i hate instances.

My point is, stop fighting over which one is the best game... They are exactly the same, same bullsh1t, if you can't see that you really need to try (for your own gaming culture) some games like: EVE Online (p2p), The Chronicles of Spellborn (f2p), or Soul of the Ultimate Nation, but if you are a dumb ass kid who's afraid of getting pked or losing your unbinded armor, don't bother.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

The game is actually surprisingly good. There are going to be some good times assuming that Gpotato doesn't hose the whole thing up when the item shop finally goes in. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• conanarasconanaras Member Posts: 68

Yea XP isnt in abudance while questing

This. Explain please. Are we talking about whole levels of grind or just a small percentage/level of grind?

1 + 1 = 2... Unless it CRITS!

• KorhindiKorhindi Member CommonPosts: 395

Allods is not a bad game.  It is pretty good all considered.

It is nothing revolutionary either.

I have played a little in the CB and the game has been fun and enjoyable.

There are some bugs and issues that need to be resolved, but the game performs excellently for me.

Allods does appear to be a WoW clone, but it is pretty creative.  Whether it is creative enough to hold a player's attention for more than 2 weeks, that I am not sure of, for I haven't gotten past level 10 due to the CB level cap to be able to answer that yet.