Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to Tad Williams OTHERLAND MMO?

blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

I was just searching through Mpog.com games list and could not find reference to Tad Williams upcoming MMO Otherland

http://www.otherland-game.com/

After reading the books it surely is one of the MMO's on the horizon I would like to see listed on this site. *hint* *hint*

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

I'm in the process of reading the books and loving them. Still waiting on new news since the announcement. :)

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

This is a great story. It is perfect for an MMO. I really, really want a neurocannula myself.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by Dubhlaith

This is a great story. It is perfect for an MMO. I really, really want a neurocannula myself.

I want a plot of land in TreeHouse >.>

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Seriously. Let me complete the grail process. I have no need for my body. I like it, and I put it to good use sometimes, but that is nothing I could not do, and do better, as Dubhlaith, on the net.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• wolfingwolfing Member UncommonPosts: 149

I think Tad Williams only provided feedback during the initial 'design document' stage. Don't think he's had anything to do with the actual game.

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

Well it seems things are still very quiet on the Otherland MMO front. No news for a year or more now..

Does anyone have any updated source of the games progress?

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I was just looking as well and still no updates. I wonder if we should ask Tad on his blog. 

This is his message board located here