Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ORVR is still carebear....

I've been thinking of a good place to put this post, decided here.  The title is the point, but I'll elaborate:

So, like almost everyone, I quit warhammer (this month) and decided to head back to WoW, started a new character on a pvp server.  While leveling, some level 80 death knight comes along, one shots me and starts corpse camping, and it hit me, Warhammer, even ORVR servers, is carebear.  I played on an ORVR server, and they are freakin carebear compared to WoW.....which is sad.  It is physically impossible to have a similar scenario in Warhammer and warhammer is supposed to be about...well, war.  I think this is where everything went wrong.  It really is WoW light, the focus is heavily on RvE and PvE and NOT PvP.

I guess I'll see you all in WoW, gotta get to 80 before cataclysm.  And as an aside, star wars is geared at the 12 year olds watching the cartoons currently on TV, not the fans that have been following it for year.  So I wouldn't get your hopes up about it.

Comments

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by ulberon

I've been thinking of a good place to put this post, decided here.  The title is the point, but I'll elaborate:

So, like almost everyone, I quit warhammer (this month) and decided to head back to WoW, started a new character on a pvp server.  While leveling, some level 80 death knight comes along, one shots me and starts corpse camping, and it hit me, Warhammer, even ORVR servers, is carebear.  I played on an ORVR server, and they are freakin carebear compared to WoW.....which is sad.  It is physically impossible to have a similar scenario in Warhammer and warhammer is supposed to be about...well, war.  I think this is where everything went wrong.  It really is WoW light, the focus is heavily on RvE and PvE and NOT PvP.

I guess I'll see you all in WoW, gotta get to 80 before cataclysm.  And as an aside, star wars is geared at the 12 year olds watching the cartoons currently on TV, not the fans that have been following it for year.  So I wouldn't get your hopes up about it.

750k subs down to 300k is a 40% decrease is subs, so it's not almost anyone. I'm only lvl 20 right now in WAR, so far i've enjoyed the RvR and general PvP so far however. I haven't had the proper end game experience and I have never played WoW past lvl 10, cause it was 5 months ago, and I honestly cannot be asked lvling from 1-80 to play with friends. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but one thing is for sure, your constructive criticism is well....poorly constructed.

I have already put my general thoughts on the "War is definitely dying thread", I don't think WAR is struggling because it is a 'crap' game.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

I'm sorry, but once someone actually uses the term "carebear" they lose any and all credibility. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• deviladventdeviladvent Member UncommonPosts: 54

yeh play abit more and you will see how boring war is.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Kordesh

I'm sorry, but once someone actually uses the term "carebear" they lose any and all credibility. 

LOL, especially if their pvp game of choice is WOW.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I resubbed to WAR this month and am enjoying myself very much.

I have a 40 shaman and a 40 warrior priest, I have seen both sides, end game, raiding..ect..

It isn't a horrible game, and they fixed some problems I was having in T4, and am having a great time playing again.

As for the PvP in war not being "hardcore".  I think it is ment to be fun/enjoyable rather than you die and you lose all your gear like in Darkfall.

Thankfully every game is not exactly like WoW, though it is sad many try to be, even in the slightest elements.

But then again WoW is like any game before it.  Show me one thing that WoW brought to the market that no other game had ever had.  Besides commercialization, because that is the first time I have EVER seen a commercial about an MMO.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408
    Originally posted by Man1ac

750k subs down to 300k is a 40% decrease is subs, so it's not almost anyone. I'm only lvl 20 right now in WAR, so far i've enjoyed the RvR and general PvP so far however. I haven't had the proper end game experience and I have never played WoW past lvl 10, cause it was 5 months ago, and I honestly cannot be asked lvling from 1-80 to play with friends. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but one thing is for sure, your constructive criticism is well....poorly constructed.

I have already put my general thoughts on the "War is definitely dying thread", I don't think WAR is struggling because it is a 'crap' game.

.... 750k to 300k is .... 40%? ....

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Originally posted by Kordesh

^This

If you want to relay your point, do it among the real gamers. Not the moron wanna be's....

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Translation:  WAR has far fewer griefers who gank anyone way below them in level and then corpse camp them. ( and in your eyes this is a bad thing?)  : 

Swtor is aimed at kids so it will be crap. ( Errm! nothing is aimed at kiddies more than WoW, Blizzard created the T shirt when it comes to dumbing down the genre.  Obviously you have no experience of grown up MMO's, you know, the kind where you actually have to think? )

All other games are crap because I hump WoW and all you lot should as well because I said so. ( Guess I'll just back away slowly now and put in a call to the guys in white coats when at a safe distance )

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    Originally posted by Pheace

Yes, it is 40% ;)

Originally posted by Beezerbeez

Yes, it is 40% ;)

750k -> 300k subs. Thus the loss was 450k subs. Again, how is that 40? :)

"750k subs down to 300k is a 40% decrease is subs, so it's not almost anyone." 

Not to mention WAR has nowhere near 300k at the moment,

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

The fact that anyone would still use the term "carebear" makes you a moron....just sayin....

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I think corpse camping is retarded in the first place and that was one of the things I hated most about WoW.  If a group of people really wanted to they could camp your corpse and the res place and keep killing you and make it impossible for you to do anything and there is nothing you could do about it.   That kind of thing is legal in WoW.

I liked how WAR you could only fight people that were in  that were pretty close to your level.  I mean what is the point of fighting someone way lower or way higher than you? You both know what the outcome is so why not just make it so it wont even happen in the first place.

While Im all down for PvP I just want to have a fair chance to kill them as well, not some oneshot bullshit from some guy 20 or more levels than I am. Whats the fun in that? on both sides. Its not fun for me cuz I get instant killed and seriously how fun can it be to kill people in one hit? Do people not like a challenge anymore?

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

He obviously didn't finish his sentence... 750k to 300k is 40% of omfg I'm out of meth!!! =P

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Yes, it is 40% ;)

Sorry, a 60% decrease, nevertheless, it's still no "Almost everyone"

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• ulberonulberon Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by eric1000

Translation:  WAR has far fewer griefers who gank anyone way below them in level and then corpse camp them. ( and in your eyes this is a bad thing?)  : 

Swtor is aimed at kids so it will be crap. ( Errm! nothing is aimed at kiddies more than WoW, Blizzard created the T shirt when it comes to dumbing down the genre.  Obviously you have no experience of grown up MMO's, you know, the kind where you actually have to think? )

All other games are crap because I hump WoW and all you lot should as well because I said so. ( Guess I'll just back away slowly now and put in a call to the guys in white coats when at a safe distance )

Incorrect, it isn't that WAR has fewer griefers, WAR flat out prevents griefing, prevents world pvp.

And yes, that makes you a carebear and your post a carebear stare.

Yes, it is 40% ;)

1) They lost 40% of their staff 2 days ago, check gamasutra.

2) They don't have 300k subscribers.  They'll be closed by April.

That is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said about any video game ever.  YES, it is struggling because it is a crap game.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

300k people on 7? servers. Yeah, no.

maybe 50k.

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

Your ignorance on Warhammer is truely outstanding OP, and it clearly shines how you can't encompass a group pvp game. War and WoW are on two different boat's. I find it funny this is all over the matter of griefing.... i mean really!?.... carebear?? People still use the word carebear??!!?? Good grief Charile Brown!

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

That is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said about any video game ever.  YES, it is struggling because it is a crap game.

In some ways, yes, it is. Still lots of bugs, and they added a new one with bugged respawns for destro in Tier One which is very annoying.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Kyleran 

Believe it or not, Warhammer PvP is a bit more carebear than WoW's. Every scenario has a repeatable quest which rewards participation in it. Not winning it, mind you  - participating. Bigger rewards for losing than WoW BGs have, as well.

WoW's PvP is far from hardcore, but Warhammer makes losing almost irrelevant.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by Kyleran 

Believe it or not, Warhammer PvP is a bit more carebear than WoW's. Every scenario has a repeatable quest which rewards participation in it. Not winning it, mind you  - participating. Bigger rewards for losing than WoW BGs have, as well.

WoW's PvP is far from hardcore, but Warhammer makes losing almost irrelevant.

Are you being serious? The reward's given from scenario quest's, were quite laughable. Small chunk of exp and coin... do you forget it's renown > exp after lvl 40. Losing in a scenario, can be pretty brutal... especially if the other side train roll's you with a premade. You can walk away, with barely anything in term's of renown... so it can be pretty relevant. The whole renown grind, suck's enough to begin with.

The only difference between the two games... is that in WoW you can be a griefing scumbag.

Yes, it is 40% ;)

1) They lost 40% of their staff 2 days ago, check gamasutra.

2) They don't have 300k subscribers.  They'll be closed by April.

We weren't talking about staff >.<

Originally posted by Swanea

300k people on 7? servers. Yeah, no.

maybe 50k.

Although I agree the game doesn't have 300k this is a flawed argument as the 300k was worldwide ^^

That's also why the second time they could still report 300k , because they had just released the game in two other countries. So even though the US/EU still sank in subs in that time, it was offset by the new areas. Unless of course you believe they didn't get any new subs in those areas, then yes the US/EU didn't decline at all during that time

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

A game need to let high level players kill and camp newbs to be a real pvp game or hardcore?

Does that sound fucking stupid to anyone else?

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum