Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does it use gameguard?

aparatusaparatus Member Posts: 17

Since many gpotato games use gameguard, does this one use it too?

There is no way i put in my comp that rootkit with the name gameguard and the excuse to avoid hacks. I even doubt it avoids hacks ingame anyway...

Comments

• 9Nineven9Nineven Member Posts: 11

Russian and US version use Starforce. (for EU version don't know yet. Surely Starforce too)

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by Deleted User

Russian and US version use Starforce. (for EU version don't know yet. Surely Starforce too)

WOW Guess I wont be trying this.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

The EU version doesnt use GameGuard or any similar program right now, i dont  know about the future though.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Neither here nor there. I already play it hehe.

• RexOpusRexOpus Member Posts: 1

I was able to verify that Allods is using Frontline MMOG for their ant-cheat.  Its a new service made by the same company as makes Starforce copy protection.

You can verify it in 2 ways.  First if you look at properties for the file protect.dll in the bin directory of the game it lists "Protection Technology, Ltd." which is the same company that makes Starforce (or you can use sysinternals strings utility or similar and read that string in the binary).  Second, if you go to the Starforce website it list Astrum Nival and their testimonial about using the system for Allods: www.star-force.com/solutions/products/fl_mmog/ .  The testimonial is in a link on that page.

• 133794m3r133794m3r Member Posts: 173

It's being published by gala-net you have to expect they'll use something VERY similar to it. Even if the original company didn't use something like it. So honestly it surprises me that it's not in the EU version which is also published by them? gala that is. If it isn't there yet.... be ready. Also any game not published in korea won't use gameguard only games in korea use that program. Other countries use similar programs such as xtrap and this other anti-cheat program's the same as them so enjoy it. :/