Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gonna buy a game: Dragon Age Origins or Mass Effect

Hey guys,

Looking at buyin a new game, and considering Mass Effect or DAO.

I'd just get DAO, except that ME is on sale for the weekend on steam (10 dollars...).

So I'm wondering if anyone's played both and which they liked better, and for what reasons.

Thanks!

Comments

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

I've played both. DAO is a far superior title in respects to gameplay, story, and graphics. ME is still an amazing game and one of the best sci fi rpgs to come out. Really just comes down to what genre you like really. If you into dark fantasy go DAO. If you like scifi go ME.

• GrubbsGradyGrubbsGrady Member UncommonPosts: 371

Howdy pal, If you have the extra 10 bucks I would pick them both up and just keep ME for later on. Dragon Age is a really fun game, and has a lot more to do in it than ME did. I personally am not that into the whole space/ sci fi genre but still found fun with ME.  I got DA:O 2 days ago and have done nothing but played it when i'm not at work...its really just a great story with fun stuff.

Obviously if you are more into the laser blasters and aliens, go with ME. My personal opinion, Dragon Age is better.

Like I said though, for 10 bucks more you can have them both and just put ME on hold for later =)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Played both and I say get both because they are both great.

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

You won't go wrong either way.  Combat in Mass Effect is better, imo.  While DAO is just an overall better RPG experience.  Neither game is hurting in either respect though.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Been playing Dragon Age:Origins since release 2 days ago and I have not touched anything else. I will only advise you take care of any errands you might have as this game is very addicting!

If you like to be immersed with an awesome storyline, sound, and graphics...DAO has been a long time in the making.

Nuff said! :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68

Good replies all around...looks like I'll be getting both of them.

I was kinda concerned with the combat in DAO being a little to slow, (I considered Baulders gate to slow), but from what I've read from user reviews on gamespot is that it isn't slow.

• decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

I'd get Mass Effect first, as you said it's a lot cheaper and by the time your finished with it DAO might be cheaper.

"World of Warcraft is the perfect implementation of this genre." - Hilmar Petursson. CEO of CCP.

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by decoy26517

I'd get Mass Effect first, as you said it's a lot cheaper and by the time your finished with it DAO might be cheaper.

That was what I was planning too.

Figure I'd get it while it's on sale since everyone had good things to say, and then get DAO in a few.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Played both and I say get both because they are both great.

Absolutely agreed. Both games are amazing.