Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Armada Linkshell - Reopening

New Armada Website: http://www.ArmadaFF.com

My name is Crimso, I am the former leader of one of the largest and most successful Linkshells on my Final Fantasy XI server.

I was overcome with great enthusiasm when I heard about Final Fantasy XIV and even greater enthusiasm when I learned of a simultaneous world-wide release. Although I retired from FFXI in 2006, I have kept in contact with some of my former officers and we came to the conclusion of restarting the Linkshell for FFXIV.

The game is still far from release but after developing the basic structure of our Linkshell we would like to officially announce the founding of Armada Linkshell for FFXIV.

With the game so far away we are in open recruitment mode right now. Anyone that is interested can visit our brand new forums at www.ArmadaFF.com and sign up. We probably won’t have an official roster until after the game is released and we see who is still interested by then. I can ensure you, loyalty will be rewarded. Ultimately we will be looking for people that we deem a good fit to the Linkshell in 2 ways.

1) Prospects must get along with and fit in socially with the Linkshell.

We want to have a variety of people within the Linkshell and we will embrace diversity. However, like a fraternity, some people may not fit in with the rest of our members.

2) Prospects must take their job serious and be top quality players.

This doesn’t mean that we want all of our members to play 16 hours a day just to get the best gear possible (although many of our members will be playing that much). We want you to find your niche, whatever it may be, and maximize your potential within that role. When the time comes for end-game, we won’t just need the best DD (or DPS) and tanks but we’ll also need high level crafters and cooks.

We won’t just be looking for people that dedicate their entire day to FFXIV. As long as you qualify for statement 1 and 2 you can play 10 hours a week and still be useful to our Linkshell.

When FFXIV finally is released, we will all start from level 1 (or zero) and work our way up. We want prospective members to know that, while we ultimately will be interested in end-game events and hope to dominate the stage, there is still a long journey to end-game that should not be overlooked.

The best FFXI end-game Linkshells have members that have known each other from the beginning of their adventure; their strength comes from deep foundations. We hope to start developing a community of people that can rely on each other and ensure that playing the game is fun and addictive. Our Linkshell members will develop their characters together and understand each other’s styles of play. When we do start end-game content, we will have a group of people that know how they work as a group and are dependable.

Again, our new webpage is www.ArmadaFF.com . Feel free to register and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

I just read up on you guys on ffxivcore.com and I'm really excited that there's new linkshells entering the race. For a long time it was just Rapture, but now I see new and inspiring linkshells. I welcome you to this forum, thank you for your time and may your linkshell live long and prosper.

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

Dear Jesus,

Another FF14core linkshell.... readies for the endless bumping.

On a positive note. I hope you and your linkshell thrive. And I am glad to hear of your great interest in FF14. The more the merrier I think.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266

Some advice Crimso2.  Please don't bump the heck out of your thread like others do because some will find that annoying and will make your ls look like a bunch of spammers.  If you want people to keep up with the news of your ls that is what your ls website is for and not this forum.  Well until they make a LS specific  forum.  You can get creative to make bumps look less like bumps.  Maybe like asking people questions or opinions on making a logo or some sort just don't have a chat session in the post.  Even though I don't agree with forming a LS before a game launch I do wish you the best of luck with your organization.

This is definitely as fast growing linkshell. I see advertisements everywhere, FFXIVCore, MMORPG.com, and other various websites like tentonhammer. Definitely professional, I really do hope to wish you guys the best of luck and thank you for showing your support. However, there's one place that you can get a lot of members, but I can't reveal that because we want THEM ALL!!!! AAAAAAAAAHAHAH!~

Anyway, good luck with your recruitment, I really am rooting for you guys.

• DeathknightkDeathknightk Member Posts: 41

Quality > Quantity 

You can have 400 members who are 16 y/o and fight 24/7 , creating drama all over your shell. or Have 40 mature members that work great with each other and always get the job done clean and neat. 

That is professional 

I'd rather have 100 active members, but everyone has a life, people quit, etc. So, 400 to 4000 members is where I'm aiming for. Active friendly, a super-community to say the least.

• DeathknightkDeathknightk Member Posts: 41

good luck , but you are not going anywhere 

oh BTW i didnt say that you need to be a nerd with no friends to be good , i dont keep people like that in my shell because they end up being the drama queens. Read my post son I said mature. 

• Crimso2Crimso2 Member Posts: 6

Syno (Xenosaiyan), I would appreciate it if you didn't post in any of my threads. This thread has nothing to do with you and your posts just confuse people. Your first post was fine, your second was borderline and any further posts you make will be spam.

• darkslaynedarkslayne Member Posts: 4

Look foward to playing with you guys in the future, i believe in the same motto, quality over quantity. Your recruitment really says it all, this looks like it can really make shape in to a great guild

Originally posted by Crimso2

Syno (Xenosaiyan), I would appreciate it if you didn't post in any of my threads. This thread has nothing to do with you and your posts just confuse people. Your first post was fine, your second was borderline and any further posts you make will be spam.

That's me I'm the famous Xenosaiyan. Everyone hates me, so why don't you?

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by Syno23

Originally posted by Crimso2

That's me I'm the famous Xenosaiyan. Everyone hates me, so why don't you?

Everyone hates because you are a annoying lil POS.  I've only been active on these forums during the time of Aion and FFXIV which isn't that much time and I can say I can't stand you.  Crimso2 asked you nicely to stop posting in his threads and you still posted.  You are making your LS/Guild look very bad.  You spam nonsense on these forums, gamefaqs/gamespot and probably more.  When FF14 launches and you are on my server I am blacklisting you asap and if you haven't been kicked out of rapture I'll make sure my ls doesn't have anything to do with them.  I have no beef with Rapture or whatever ls you will be in but I just don't want to work with anyone that puts up with people like him.

• AsuraGerryAsuraGerry Member Posts: 12

I'm also wondering if you are from Asura? I see that you are reopening but from where? I heard good things if this is who you are, I'm checking the site now looks pretty tight gl and catch you laterz.

Sorry for the late reply guys. Wanted to avoid having a discussion on this forum about the LS (i keep hearing the dumbest comments from immature people on other forums), but we are from Midgardsormr not Asura. We were active until mid-2006.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    Originally posted by Deathknightk

Quality > Quantity 
    You can have 400 members who are 16 y/o and fight 24/7 , creating drama all over your shell. or Have 40 mature members that work great with each other and always get the job done clean and neat. 
    That is professional 

+1 to this

So What Now?

Quality over Quantity?

we are less than a month old and have 56 users, 3,663 posts, yet only 4 official members and 3 officers.

that is 12.5% acceptance rate

• AsuraGerryAsuraGerry Member Posts: 12

phew glad to hear it Crimso ^^ GL out there

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776
    Originally posted by AsuraGerry

I'm also wondering if you are from Asura? I see that you are reopening but from where? I heard good things if this is who you are, I'm checking the site now looks pretty tight gl and catch you laterz.

Armada on Asura? Good things?

You have been lied to. Armada on Asura started legit then teamed with the gil sellers; taught them all the secrets of sky. Basically was the catalyst to the gil seller explosion on Asura. Sold their souls and the server for a few shinier pixels.

I'm glad I've never played on Asura then.

This is an important update: Our website has been completely redesigned for the better and our application process since the start of this thread has become much more exclusive. We are still looking for people but only if you can fit the criteria i laid out in my first post.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

GL to yah though its never a great idea to make somthing until after the game comes out. So many diffrent things can happen in a year from now, peoples lives can change, the game can suck(though i doubt it), you LS name could be taken...ect.

Im just wondering if your officers are actual RL or longtime online friends of yours, its incredibly rare for them to actually stay together unless you have high ups that are garunteed to stay and generally agree with you. A good example is like Order of The Blue Gartr, it only wroks because its an already established group of RL friends with some outside people.

You are right about a few things, but also wrong about a few. We won't fail.

And yes, I have known several of the members for many years. In my original post, near the top, i stated that it was after a discussion with my former FFXI officers that we decided to start this Guild for FFXIV. One officer was my 2nd in command in FFXI and have known him for many years. Another member I met my first month in FFXI back in 2003. These people have stayed in touch for many years and so far I've already made some new friends. I expect many of our members will be gaming with eachother for many years to come.

So far we have only been building momentum. Our community of under 70 people always has 5-20 people online and makes hundreds of new posts a day.