Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are the vanguard UI settings saved?

I have this weird error that when ever I log out, all of my UI settings get all jumbled around.  So every time I log in I have to fix my entire UI.  No one else in game seems to have this bug.

So I am trying to delete my vanguard UI settings, start from scratch and see if that helps.  But i can't find out where the ui settings are saved at. 

Comments

• ElirionElirion Member Posts: 160

You should be able to find it at the following location:

programfiles/sony/vanguard/bin/VGclient.ini

In the VGclient.ini file, the UI settings are the fourth group down under the heading [UI].

• KierstenKiersten Member Posts: 23

I deleted the vgclient.ini completly and it only reset my graphic options.  My UI stayed the same =(.  

On top of all of that, I'm playing a druid and I can't see the graphic for my earth pet.  It's just a floating name.   And when I use my wolf form, instead of turning me into a wolf.  I just grow like 40 feet tall.  I've talked to a few people about it and it sounds like I am the only one that has these issues.  So it's not a massive game wide bug or anything.  But no matter what I do nothing seems to help.

So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  I ran a full scan like 6 times.  I deleted and restarted the game without the vgclient.ini.  Nothing has worked.  On top of it all, I can't post in the support forums because my account is still registered as trial on the web site.

So frustrated, I love the game.  And no one else is having these problems but me =(

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112
    Originally posted by Kiersten

I deleted the vgclient.ini completly and it only reset my graphic options.  My UI stayed the same =(.  
    On top of all of that, I'm playing a druid and I can't see the graphic for my earth pet.  It's just a floating name.   And when I use my wolf form, instead of turning me into a wolf.  I just grow like 40 feet tall.  I've talked to a few people about it and it sounds like I am the only one that has these issues.  So it's not a massive game wide bug or anything.  But no matter what I do nothing seems to help.
    So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  I ran a full scan like 6 times.  I deleted and restarted the game without the vgclient.ini.  Nothing has worked.  On top of it all, I can't post in the support forums because my account is still registered as trial on the web site.
    So frustrated, I love the game.  And no one else is having these problems but me =(

Try the usual. Install latest drivers etc. Reinstall directx 9

Also delete the entire content of your bin folder under your vanguard folder even if you have uninstalled previously and see if it helps. Sometimes when uninstalling you still have remnants of files hanging around. Specially if you have custom UI folders

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

That is a very odd bug indeed Kiesten.

With regard to your UI being jumbled every time you log out and back in.... do you play in Windowed Mode?  If you do, then your desktop resolution needs to match your game resolution or else the jumbling of UI windows will occur.  I play in Windowed mode and have matched my desktop and game resolution at 2560x1600.  It's also important to make sure your game window is maximized prior to entering the world, or once again, UI windows will be out of place.

If you use a custom UI, you can save many different UI configurations and reload them whenever necessary.  I set my UI up differently for my different characters.  If you don't use a custom UI then simply typing /reloadui should put everything back in place.

• KierstenKiersten Member Posts: 23

I haven't seen any way to edit the settings without being in game.  Is it possible to check the resolution before entering the game?

• ElirionElirion Member Posts: 160

You can check the starting resolution in the same VGclient.ini file I posted about earlier.  It has all of your game settings in that file.