Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This GAME IS AMAZING!

stvtifastvtifa Member Posts: 27

after searching around for videos and SS of this game for the past few days. I just gotta say the developer is doing a great job. Just hope they do stuff about botters unlike what happened to L2. Botters own it up since day 1 in L2 to now.. so sad. Found some nice beta video here www.pvpve.com/

I know its not possible to stop botters. But atleast ban or punish them some way. Unlike L2 where GM pretty much promotes botting so that they have a job cause everyone who doesnt bot already quit or went to private servers that has GM that bans bot!

CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME! WISH I KNEW KOREAN SO I COULD HAVE SIGNED UP FOR THE BETA!

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

But how you know it wont be a super grind game?

RIP Orc Choppa

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by arctarus

Looks at Developer's physical location (Seoul, Korea).

Need to say more?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by stvtifa

after searching around for videos and SS of this game for the past few days. I just gotta say the developer is doing a great job. Just hope they do stuff about botters unlike what happened to L2. Botters own it up since day 1 in L2 to now.. so sad. Found some nice beta video here www.pvpve.com/
    I know its not possible to stop botters. But atleast ban or punish them some way. Unlike L2 where GM pretty much promotes botting so that they have a job cause everyone who doesnt bot already quit or went to private servers that has GM that bans bot!
    CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME! WISH I KNEW KOREAN SO I COULD HAVE SIGNED UP FOR THE BETA!

You can always install the BABEL fish add on to translate languages.

As far as beta goes, i thought this game was at least a year from fruition,so i was not paying  attention to any beta?I may have to go look see.

BTW the ONLY reason botters are a problem ,is if a game is designed to give them a reason.This means a gear centric game.This is kind of why a player driven economy is a very bad idea.I would rather see the game about fun combat ,than worrying about buying and selling on the auction house,or end gear raiding for PVP purposes.I just want a combat that makes me think and looks good doing it.

basically for me it is like watching Wayne Gretzky back in the day,he knew how to think,how to implement and how to look good doing it ,  give me all of that ,and I'm playing hockey :D...errr i mean TERA.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Need to say more?

Uh, we all know people said the same thing about Aion, and Aion has absolutely no grind. Also, it's bot-free, runs like a baby's bottom, has the best PvE, PvP and PvPvE ever, and also has girls with nice boobies. TERA will be the same, except even better. We're entering a new golden age of Korean MMOs being awesome in the West, too!

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Comnitus

Need to say more?

Uh, we all know people said the same thing about Aion, and Aion has absolutely no grind. Also, it's bot-free, runs like a baby's bottom, has the best PvE, PvP and PvPvE ever, and also has girls with nice boobies. TERA will be the same, except even better. We're entering a new golden age of Korean MMOs being awesome in the West, too!

Yup! Aions by far the best MMO I've played since starting with EQ1. All these whiners and complainers of a grind crack me up :-) NCsoft is a great company whether their Korean or not, people really need to stop sterotyping and start opening their mind to new ideas...seriously. lol

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Ethian

Need to say more?

Yup! Aions by far the best MMO I've played since starting with EQ1. All these whiners and complainers of a grind crack me up :-) NCsoft is a great company whether their Korean or not, people really need to stop sterotyping and start opening their mind to new ideas...seriously. lol

Maybe your is broken. Or mine is!

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by Ethian

Need to say more?

Maybe your is broken. Or mine is!

I caught it Comn right about the time you said "bot-free".

• stvtifastvtifa Member Posts: 27

Aion is bot free? are you kidding me lol

I'm botting on aion right now and around me It looks like theres 5+ other botters botting away. Wish I can kill them like I do in Lineage 2... oh well LOL.. Looks to me like theres more botters in Aion then L2 right now. But maybe you are too low level to be in area with botters grinding away 24/7.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

after playing lineage 2 and aion, i can honestly say i will never play a korean based mmo again. 

i'd go into all of the specific details but why bother, they all have nice graphics and decent gameplay but absolutely no content and extremely boring once you get past the "wow this looks great". 

just my 2 cents,, i'm actually a little surprised they are comming out with a game like this so close after aion launch. 

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

after playing lineage 2 and aion, i can honestly say i will never play a korean based mmo again. 

i'd go into all of the specific details but why bother, they all have nice graphics and decent gameplay but absolutely no content and extremely boring once you get past the "wow this looks great". 

just my 2 cents,, i'm actually a little surprised they are comming out with a game like this so close after aion launch. 

I agree with you, allthough i often never actually buy a game to find out if its fun or not without having to tested it in a beta. I did not buy Aion and im glad i didnt. Instead i played two characters to lvl 20 in the beta which gave me enough experience and input to decide if the game was for me or not. Which it ultimately wasnt, obviously.

So, as long as a game looks atleast somewhat decent ill try it if i can get my hands on a beta. Even if my experience with korean/asian mmo's have been pretty unsatisfying so far.

There is no wrong in being passively believing or hoping, but being all fanboy about it just makes you blind.

• DemeelDemeel Member Posts: 47

Need to say more?

Aion is full of bots, its crazy the gm's don't care actually there arren't any gm's lol

Korean Games = Trash and will never have a market in the US anymore,...

They have proved all there games are trash and full of bots and not worth the money..

• MyDcmbr81MyDcmbr81 Member Posts: 59

Need to say more?

Never ceases to amaze me how bigoted and xenophobic MMO gamers can be. I guess it proves that you really do only need an IQ of 80 to play WoW.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Need to say more?

I played aion and it is a grinding game for me, plus, the grind and questing is boring. Tera is a korean mmo = it wont be different then the other korean mmo. Im not racist at all, but all the koreans mmo failed the same way or if they succeed, they look like the previous mmo that succeeded. Yeah, Tera is not a target base game, but its not an fps gameplay either so i bet you will not need any skills as a player to control your character that easily during pvp. Tera gameplay is more like monster hunter gameplay and i hate those type of rpg games. If tera gameplay was better then The warriors gameplay from the ps2, you could count me in. If you dont know about the warriors, look it up on youtube, its a great beat him up game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Demeel

Need to say more?

Aion is full of bots, its crazy the gm's don't care actually there arren't any gm's lol

Korean Games = Trash and will never have a market in the US anymore,...

They have proved all there games are trash and full of bots and not worth the money..

What a totally stupid statement. Even though I do not even like or play Aion the game is still doing well and is the #2 mmo out right now. Aion has it problems but they are trying to fix the game and from what I hear they are doing it. There has not been one good mmo released in the west in 5 years other than Lord Of The Rings. Everything else has been a fail and I dont see the trend stopping anytime soon. Even when a mmo comes along that goes against the grain and tries to be different from the typical WoW clone people just bash it too. Who even cares how a game does in the west? Game developers know people in the west just wants something thats easy that does not require any kind of thought or skill to play so thats all they are going to make. The west is pathetic and always will be.

• LooseBowelsLooseBowels Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Mannish

Even though I do not even like or play Aion

You shouldn't have said anything about it.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

After AION and other Korean games I am through playing these poorly scripted pieces of garbage.  They will have to prove their games have some merit before I invest one dime in them. 

• LocienLocien Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by avalon1000

After AION and other Korean games I am through playing these poorly scripted pieces of garbage.  They will have to prove their games have some merit before I invest one dime in them. 

I have played a very roughly translated early English version of the game. It is absolutely unbelievably fucking incredimazing. I will get it regardless of what will get changed from now on, but I'm hoping it will turn out even better than it already is. It's endlessly fun to just kill stuff in the game, it's interactive and very dynamic so I don't care if it turns out to be a grinder. Because I would play this as a single player game even without progression, just to kill shit :P

• LidaleLidale Member Posts: 88

Lineage 2 was the best until it became bot haven.  I mean literally the entire games economy  and endgame is driven by cheaters.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Wizardry

BTW the ONLY reason botters are a problem ,is if a game is designed to give them a reason.This means a gear centric game.This is kind of why a player driven economy is a very bad idea.I would rather see the game about fun combat ,than worrying about buying and selling on the auction house,or end gear raiding for PVP purposes.I just want a combat that makes me think and looks good doing it.

I have to agree with this.

I've often wondered if devs made a server that had pretty standard trading, controlled economy, essentially nothign could be marked up and everythign was reasonably affordable, if that would curtail the whole gold buying thing.

I would easily go to a server where money transactions had less to do with the world and game play and that actual game play, adventuring, pvp, etc were the focus of the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Yeah even since I've seen that Alpha footage of the boss fight many months ago, I've been pretty excited about this one.  I hope Blue Studios delivers.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

i am looking forward to the game some what, mostly due to the targeting system i seen in videos with teh cross hairs rather than a tab targetting. cross hair style games i tend to like more than teh tab target, gives the game more of a challenge by far. because if i miss i know i missed because i actually MISSED withe the cross hairs and not some random generated number telling me its time to miss.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Locien 
    I have played a very roughly translated early English version of the game. It is absolutely unbelievably fucking incredimazing.

How... poetic :)

But it seems an apt description. I just stumbled across some vids for this game and was blown away. At least for me, this game ticks ALL of my boxes: FPS, pvp, subscription, and a bit sandboxy. And they've some non-standard races (I just LOVE that) and it looks like they've some interesting spells too.

Yummy!

• LocienLocien Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by green13

Originally posted by Locien 
    I have played a very roughly translated early English version of the game. It is absolutely unbelievably fucking incredimazing.

How... poetic :)

But it seems an apt description. I just stumbled across some vids for this game and was blown away. At least for me, this game ticks ALL of my boxes: FPS, pvp, subscription, and a bit sandboxy. And they've some non-standard races (I just LOVE that) and it looks like they've some interesting spells too.

Yummy!

I'm sorry I can't give you a more detailed explanation. I'm bound by a NDA so I'm shutting up because I really want to play the game again in future tests ^^

But I promise I'll come back here and write a complete review and tell you everything about the game when the NDA is lifted.

• Silver_LeafSilver_Leaf Member Posts: 135

Well why dont you leak us the entire damn game anonymously on wikileaks?

• BoudewijnsBoudewijns Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by stvtifa

wondering how much he got payed to say that from those guys ^^