Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incoming Pilot!

SirusNineSirusNine Member Posts: 5

Greetings!

Thanks to Pyrostasis, and his kind gifting of a 21 day trial, I'm embarking on my Official return voyage into the EVE Universe. Do to all the changes and expansions gracing the game since my initial romp thru the Galaxy (circa 2005), I feel it's safe to say that I'm fully back at square one... and to be honest, I like that :)

I've been reading up on Eve both lately, and previously since my departure, so I sort of have an idea of how to start out my new life, ie run the newbie missions and train up my "Learning" skills some first?... and read, read, read!

Second, I also understand that it's most vital to join a player run Corporation asap! All of my reading points to this probably being the most important aspect of EVE, and greatly increases a new players chances of success? Any suggestions on a good Corp to help me get my feet wet?

Anyway, my in-game name is "Sirus Nine", feel free to send me a /tell whenever you like! And I welcome any and all info, advice, and general pointings in the right direction.

Thanks again to Pyrostasis, and to everyone posting in this thread or otherwise helping in-game!

-Sirus Nine 

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

skill up learning only if you plan to play more that 6 months

BestSigEver :P

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Welcome back! Agreed train learning skills if your gonna atick with the game awhile. If not train combat or mining skills.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH plunger welcome salute to retuning player Sirus Nine!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

Not sure if Evemon was around when you played before, but it is a small app that helps you do training skills and finds the fastest way to train up. If something better has been introduced in the past 2 years someone can correct me though. When I played though evemon allowed for me to select a ship i wanted to fly and it put in all the skills needed for it and every skill that would help me get to it in the fastest time. I aslo linked to the actual game acount and kept track of the training times.

Here is a link to it.... Link

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by RavingRabbid
    Welcome back! Agreed train learning skills if your gonna atick with the game awhile. If not train combat or mining skills.

Completely ignore this advice. It's bullshit.

Skill something useful to have some fun first. I'd recommend basic fighting skills (racial frig 3-4, some gunnery/missile/drones, whichever flavour suits you), then raise some of the learnings to 3, maybe 4..all while you make yourself familiar with the mechanics again.

I won't give you definite corp advice, but be sure to take some time. If the corp isn't interested in you as a person, ditch it. If they don't invite you on ventrilo/ts/eve-voice/whatever i'd grow suspicious.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Lazy answer to a corp, consider joining EVE University, they take trial accounts.

If you want to find a corp more tailored to your interests (Piracy, Industry, PVP, 0.0, Wormholes etc)  there are two main resources:

EVE O forums: www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp

or there is an in game recruiting channel that previously I would told you to avoid, except I found my current corp through it so give both resources a shot.

Things have changed, pilots can no longer start off with a bunch of combat or Industry  skills already pre-trained, (which I personally miss)  so like people said, for your trial period skip training learning skills and focus on those in your area of interest.

You might want to freshen up by reading a new player guide to see what's new since you left, I like this one myself.

eve.battleclinic.com/guide/3510-BattleClinic-s-EVE-New-Player-Guide.html

You're coming back at a good time.  There's more PVE (and PVP) options these days with the addition of Wormhole space and in December there will be major changes to 0.0 soveriegnty rules and development of said space which should make things quite interesting going in to 2010. (where, who knows, they may actually deliver walking in stations finally)

Welcome back to EVE.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

we also are a noobie loving corp....and love to help you out.

If not, hit me up in game for any other questions: Miagi Sans

• SirusNineSirusNine Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by miagisan

we also are a noobie loving corp....and love to help you out.

If not, hit me up in game for any other questions: Miagi Sans

Thanks Miagi, mof I sent you an eve-mail last night about joining up :)

Update: I'm pleased to report that other then a few new features, I am not really that lost after all. Combat was like an old shoe after I knocked off some of the dust. I am still lost as far as actual "space" is concerned, ie not knowing instinctly which systems are close to one another. This will return in time though.

Other then that, I'm having a blast and I'm def resubbing... I'm Back!

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by SirusNine
    I am still lost as far as actual "space" is concerned, ie not knowing instinctly which systems are close to one another. This will return in time though.

That's what maps are for.
    I have the maps from ombeve.co.uk printed out on my desk, as well as a tab of evemaps.dotlan.net always open.

• SirusNineSirusNine Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

Originally posted by SirusNine

I am still lost as far as actual "space" is concerned, ie not knowing instinctly which systems are close to one another. This will return in time though.

That's what maps are for.

I have the maps from ombeve.co.uk printed out on my desk, as well as a tab of evemaps.dotlan.net always open.

Sweet!

Thanks batolemaeus :)

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Oh. Eem. Gee! I finally caught on to miagisan's name. After all these months. LOL!

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions