Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something truly ironic about RMTs

_Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228

They really went overboard botting in Aion.

Now, with botting and RMT as one of it's biggest complaints, the game is going downhill. They killed their own market! Who is going to buy all that pointlessly grinded money now?

------
Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
Currently - Bored.

Comments

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I'm glad I avoided it. :'P

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• _Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228

Me too.

------
    Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
    Currently - Bored.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

1st time i didnt buy a new game because all of the problems with games like AOC, Warhammer etc etc etc. All money lost

Glad i havent bought this game ! 

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

RMT is always a problem. i havent seen mmo that didnt have RMT problems.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by _Jord_

They really went overboard botting in Aion.
    Now, with botting and RMT as one of it's biggest complaints, the game is going downhill. They killed their own market! Who is going to buy all that pointlessly grinded money now?

To be honest, I doubt most of them care. Many of the gold farmers, (and botters, to farm the gold), are doing it as a money laundering scheme. They could care less about the game, as long as they have a venue to turn their money legal.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

You mean, they have a LEGAL RMT shop now?

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• colddogcolddog Member Posts: 173

It is exceptionally silly that they would destroy their own market. 

Their problem is that they don't have a lead. They are competing with each other for players money for gold. On the one hand, competition breeds quality and lower prices for the consumers. In this case, it also reduces consumers because the market is flooded and the advertisements get in the way of the playing experience.

If they could only rally under a single, well managed company....

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by colddog

It is exceptionally silly that they would destroy their own market. 

Their problem is that they don't have a lead. They are competing with each other for players gold. On the one hand, competition breeds quality and lower prices for the consumers. In this case, it also reduces consumers because the market is flooded and the advertisements get in the way of the playing experience.

If they could only rally under a single, well managed company....

lol! Are you giving them advice?

I'll say that they do seem to be over-doing it. Even the people who are pro-RMT and admit to buying in-game money complain that the gold spam in Aion is annoying as hell. It's the equivalent of expressing interest in a product and then having sales people standing outside your house with megaphones, repeatedly trying to talk over each other for your attention/business... it's going to become annoying very quickly even to those who are interested in what you're selling to be brow-beaten with it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops