Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost Adventures Live!

ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

www.travelchannel.com/Ghost_Adventures_Live/index.html

If anyone is interested or just bored and want to follow a live ghost hunting show, these guys are pretty hilarious at times ^^

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
- Lewis Thomas

Comments

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

I'm watching. Seems pretty cool, kinda creepy ^_^

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I watched a lot of their episodes some time ago when I was bored.

After watching those, I have come to the conclussion that it's all just fake.

They follow pretty much the same pattern over and over again.

They get locked into a building because we all know ghosts only appear when the door is locked. They gather some intell from people who claim to have seen ghosts. These ghosts never actually appear when they go in there.

I love the episodes that have a spooky story behind them about a tragic death. When they hear a sound, not only are they convinced it had to be a ghost but it also has to be the ghost from the spooky story.

Their equipment and methods for finding ghosts can be describe as pseuso science at best and friggin lol at worst. It's about as scientific as any of the Ghost Busters movies, using random equipment and method that have no scientific reason or explanation behind them whatsoever.

It's a real shame too. The paranormal has always fascinated me and i'd love to see some actual footage or evidence for it. Unfortunately, it fascinates a lot of other people too and the result is that there is just too much fake material made by people who want to deceive other people for kicks or to make a quick buck to believe pretty much anything regarding this subject.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Well i understand your points on all the fake crap going on in this field, some of us who have studied and followed this for years can pretty much weed through all the bs hehe.

I will admit i help keep some of this fake crap shows around because i can't help but watch them lol.  They are at least good for entertainment especially in this world of crap tv shows. 

The whole Para celeb craze does make this field look bad sadly.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Considering theres no such thing then yeah it's aload of crap lol.

Watched this one about aliens called UFO Hunters or wahetevr and it was so funny because there was no evidence pointing towards anything Alien and so they said in the end "theres no proof saying it wasn't a UFO but theres no proof saying it was so this could have been a UFO" lol. Like well you can say that about God or anything really lol.