Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Military Personnel Get Six Months Free

2»

Comments

  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

    GREAT PROMO< anything that thanks our service personnel is a great idea in my book.

     

    It is an American Company, so of course its for American Military Personnel.

     

    As for people from other countries who are expressing a problem with this....whats your problem, did we recently spank your country? Look, as soon as your country makes a MMORPG, they can offer the same deal to your military personnel :-)

    Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

  • comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by tryklon

    Originally posted by HeliosXII

    Originally posted by Lanmoragon

    Originally posted by Vinterkrig


    cool, 20 new players for the company, gj!

     

    I take it you are not in the military? Military pay = crap and at least my schedule doesnt always allow reliable time to play an MMO and make it worth paying the monthly fee.

    Free to play for military=win.

     

    Not only that, it's a nice little "thank you" to the troops for doing what they do for us.

     

    They certaibly dont do anything for me since im not american.

    Still, you guys really think they do this to thank the troops? Its nothing more than a publicitary trick, and one using military and wars.... seems a bit of bad taste to me

     

    As prior military, these sort of things were always appreciated.  Military folk don't always get the play time that a 9-5 job provides,  and its nice to be recognized.  

    So no, its not bad taste or public trickery.  It's good publicity for a good cause.  And, in my opinion, its in bad taste to think otherwise.

  • comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Faelan


    I think it is a bit unfortunate that this offer only applies to US military personnel. It sends a clear political message as to whom they support. 

     

    Um, its a Seattle based company.  You know... Seattle, Washington.  You know... Washington in the United States of America.  I'd be a bit jaded if they didn't "support" their own country.  I sure as hell wouldn't give a rat's ass if CCP did the same thing for their Icelandic troops.

  • FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by comerb

    Originally posted by Faelan


    I think it is a bit unfortunate that this offer only applies to US military personnel. It sends a clear political message as to whom they support. 

     

    Um, its a Seattle based company.  You know... Seattle, Washington.  You know... Washington in the United States of America.  I'd be a bit jaded if they didn't "support" their own country.  I sure as hell wouldn't give a rat's ass if CCP did the same thing for their Icelandic troops.

     

    Meh...

    Maybe my comment comes across as being a lot more strongly worded than it was intended.

    I just don't think a game company serving an international audience should get involved in such affairs. They are of course free to do so and I know they're already supporting indirectly through taxes, but why the need to make it visible?

    Doesn't matter which country they support in the end. I'd feel the same way if it was a company from my own country supporting my own soldiers. I play games to get away from all this crap going on in this world, not to be reminded of it.

    Let's support the valiant troops who are putting their lives at risk in other ways. I'm all for that and I deeply appreciate their efforts. They have my sincere and utmost respect. It's the decisions by the politicians that I'm questioning at times. But what is done is done and we just have to get the best out of it. I'm not pretending that I know more or would be capable of making better decisions.

    There's not a whole lot more to it. It won't change how I personally feel about the game either way.

    I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

     

    Well haveing been in the beta got to say at the time not to impressed,i assume it's doing a lot better nowadays,now at first i was most impressed with this offer SOE are not usually this generous,but what really riles me is only American personal,now please if i'm wrong please correct me is this game multinational is there a block ala Acclaim (TCOS).

     

    Well pretty sure there is not and furthermore no offence to the brave men/women of the US army.Did you guys not win the war with a bit of help i'd like to mention the British Army not the biggest but with out a shadow of a doubt one the most highly trained in the world with technology to boot.So i'm sure Alliance/personal/ vets who helped in both major campaigns get to try POTBS surely as a mark of respect to fallen allies and those who bare the scars of war.

     

    Lastly i'll pay tribute to the brave British/Alliance soldiers who are indespensiblle to helping the American forces erradicate the threat in Afghanistan/Iraq as British/American/Alliance troops pay a heavy price for freedom and our safety.

     

    p>
  • ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

     You know they picked who they picked, not everyone in life gets chosen for everything.  I mean really does it bother you that much? seriously?  Do you all get bent of of shape when everyone on the planet doesn't get picked to do a beta?  perhaps they should give everyone on the planet a free 6 months eh?  i seriously don't get people sometimes.

     

    image

    "The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

  • ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    Originally posted by darker70


     
    Well haveing been in the beta got to say at the time not to impressed,i assume it's doing a lot better nowadays,now at first i was most impressed with this offer SOE are not usually this generous,but what really riles me is only American personal,now please if i'm wrong please correct me is this game multinational is there a block ala Acclaim (TCOS).
     
    Well pretty sure there is not and furthermore no offence to the brave men/women of the US army.Did you guys not win the war with a bit of help i'd like to mention the British Army not the biggest but with out a shadow of a doubt one the most highly trained in the world with technology to boot.So i'm sure Alliance/personal/ vets who helped in both major campaigns get to try POTBS surely as a mark of respect to fallen allies and those who bare the scars of war.

     
    Lastly i'll pay tribute to the brave British/Alliance soldiers who are indespensiblle to helping the American forces erradicate the threat in Afghanistan/Iraq as British/American/Alliance troops pay a heavy price for freedom and our safety.
     

    let me ask this, do other countries include america's fallen when they have their events or special days? do other countries companies include Americans in their promotions?   

     

    after read the disclaimer on their site

    This offer is available for new and existing Pirates of the Burning Sea accounts created by members of the United States Military only. The 6-month key may only be used once. After the free period is over, in order to continue to play Pirates of the Burning Sea, you will need to purchase a copy of Pirates of the Burning Sea and and update your Station Account subscription information with a valid credit card or an official SOE Game Card to pay the recurring subscription fee.

    Perhaps they are just being nice to our military, not making a political statement, there are lots of american companies that do special things for our soldiers, should they include other countries? i mean really, we can't hook up our own people now?

    image

    "The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 158

    That's awesome, me and a couple of my co-workers will be signing up for this. Never have I seen giveaways like this before.

     

    -Army

  • ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

    Very cool move.   Thank you very much Flying Labs.   We are an orginization who also do things for Military familys so just had to say Thanks.  

    This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

  • ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by tryklon

    Originally posted by HeliosXII

    Originally posted by Lanmoragon

    Originally posted by Vinterkrig


    cool, 20 new players for the company, gj!

     

    I take it you are not in the military? Military pay = crap and at least my schedule doesnt always allow reliable time to play an MMO and make it worth paying the monthly fee.

    Free to play for military=win.

     

    Not only that, it's a nice little "thank you" to the troops for doing what they do for us.

     

    They certaibly dont do anything for me since im not american.

    Still, you guys really think they do this to thank the troops? Its nothing more than a publicitary trick, and one using military and wars.... seems a bit of bad taste to me



     

    Curious here,  Your not American?  cool, then how many troops from your country are over their with us and supporting our cause by our side?   Was going to put a poll here so we could guess but gotta go.

    This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

Sign In or Register to comment.