Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion's Issues

Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I just finished a write up the takes a constructive look at some of the issues in Aion that has led to much of my guild stepping back from the game.   I'd love to hear community thoughts and feedback on the topics. 

You can find it HERE.

Thanks!

Comments

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

i agree with all of it and have to add that the game is a giant money sink as a temp i barely pull any money at all and the amount needed for things just keeps going up so im kinda at a loss at every turn

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well you could buy gold and support NCSoft yet again (rumour has it that they make money off of the gold farmers and that is why they still exist in game).   I am through with Korean and most Asian games.  Their mindset is towards sufffering and struggles and not toward having fun.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

It's a shame the OP takes such time and effort to write a nice review, only to have a couple retards reply with absolutely NOTHING useful to say....

I do agree with most of what the OP has to say... the biggest thing is most people are simply not patient. When I get time (Im at work) Ill break down your review more on the parts I agree/disagree with... either way - at least I know thought process went behind it instead of just non-sense bashing.

Aion certainly has some issues - I would hope NCSoft is starting to address these... but Im patient and don't mind waiting for them to fix what needs to be fixed. No MMO is perfect and certainly not one that has been just launched (if I hear one person talk about the Korea launch Im definitely going to be banned with my response - get it through your thick skulls its a different game, with a different audience on what was originally developed).

We will find out in the next 3 months or so if NCSoft will fix the issues with the game or not... until then Im very happy playing with my guild mates and leveling up together (and Im having a ton of fun)...

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

Very nice summation of AION as it currently stands, and I agree that the crashing issue is a deal-breaker. Small skirmshes is pretty much the ONLY reason I'm still playing, but I can no longer jusitfy a monthly fee when I'm not enjoying the other aspects of the game.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Many valid points but I'm personally having a blast playing Aion. I think the major problem I'm seeing from complaints of Aion is that the majority of MMOs gamers take video games way to seriously....lol

I take my time playing Aion and I'm having a blast in the meantime. I also dont pick at every little problem I see in Aion because honestly, I could care less if Aion has some issues. I play for fun not to pick at the game and bitch about it. If I don't enjoy a MMO I /quit. Easy as pie...

Hopefully I didnt offend you too much but I think moving onto to something more mainstream is likely a good choice for you. Hope your happy where you end up! :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Ethian
    Hopefully I didnt offend you too much but I think moving onto to something more mainstream is likely a good choice for you. Hope your happy where you end up! :-)

Aion is as mainstream as it gets? Along with "The-Game-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named"?

Unless you think EvE is mainstream? Then I stand corrected :).

Originally posted by Ethian

Many valid points but I'm personally having a blast playing Aion. I think the major problem I'm seeing from complaints of Aion is that the majority of MMOs gamers take video games way to seriously....lol

I take my time playing Aion and I'm having a blast in the meantime. I also dont pick at every little problem I see in Aion because honestly, I could care less if Aion has some issues. I play for fun not to pick at the game and bitch about it. If I don't enjoy a MMO I /quit. Easy as pie...

I very much agree Ethian... listen - I do QA work for development software EVERY day. That's my actual RL job.... I could pick apart Aion with so many little bugs or things they could have done better.... I did the same with Warcraft when it first came out too and I STILL played that game for 3 years....

I don't need to nit-pick every little thing because I know other people are aware of it. I can list a ton of problems from one end to the other but there's honestly no point - why? Because Im ENJOYING my play time and Im having FUN in the game. To me - that's all that matters. I don't care that I can't get to level cap in a weekend... I don't care that I have to grind a level here and there because they don't have enough quests yet... I don't care that it requires grouping a lot in order to pass certain places/content in the game (in fact- I LIKE all of these "problems")...

When Aion stops being fun for me and my wife - I will certainly quit and give my monthly sub fee to another company. Until then - Ill be enjoying this game to the fullest and Ill have faith that most of these little issues will be resolved over time. No one is crazy enough here to think Aion is completely perfect - yet most haters seem to think "fanbois" can find nothing wrong with the game. The truth is, we accept the game for what it is.... (that isn't directed at you OP btw - just in general) :) 

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Didn't see OP's link yet but one thing for sure that is going to get me bored in the future for now it's not that bad is that most quests give too low of exp rewards some don't even give a bar of exp which is stupid imo this was something that made me stop playing runes of magic a month or so ago.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by Cammy

I don't need to nit-pick every little thing because I know other people are aware of it. I can list a ton of problems from one end to the other but there's honestly no point - why? Because Im ENJOYING my play time and Im having FUN in the game. To me - that's all that matters. I don't care that I can't get to level cap in a weekend... I don't care that I have to grind a level here and there because they don't have enough quests yet... I don't care that it requires grouping a lot in order to pass certain places/content in the game (in fact- I LIKE all of these "problems")...

When Aion stops being fun for me and my wife - I will certainly quit and give my monthly sub fee to another company. Until then - Ill be enjoying this game to the fullest and Ill have faith that most of these little issues will be resolved over time. No one is crazy enough here to think Aion is completely perfect - yet most haters seem to think "fanbois" can find nothing wrong with the game. The truth is, we accept the game for what it is.... (that isn't directed at you OP btw - just in general) :) 

All this pretty much sums up my thoughts. Except for the wife, don't have one of those yet.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

I concur, the issues you pointed out are there and legit. Honestly, I could get over most of them except the low payoff for small group PvP encounters. For me, the grouping of 4-7 players roaming the area in search of a group of competitive nature makes up for much. There is something about spotting and adding up the abilities of another group and deciding to attack and win which becomes rewarding in itself. However, as you indicated the payoff is not there. A sad situation in my case. Enjoyed the write up and hope things get fixed, this really could be a neat game.

actually this review wasnt nit picking by far saying a few issues is a joke and its not nit picking if the game is quite obviously flawed i mean if 2 ppl were saying it then big deal but when hundreds are saying the same thing something is clearly wrong

i agree that i am not the most positive person but if ppl are paying for this game it would only make sense that those ppl get a say in how the game is ran if someone didnt nit pick nothing would ever get fixed instead everyone just stands around going well its broke but oh well i can live with it you wouldnt buy a computer and when it broke a day later just say oh well its broke guess id better just buy a new one youd go back to where you got it get your money back and just build one yourself or maybe buy another one but still you wouldnt put up with flaws in life why put up with it in a game?

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Good write-up and to the point. Even though the main issues are known, it doesn't hurt to keep repeating them.

1- Siege Crashing!

2- Bots!!

3- Grind at higher levels?! (subjective I know, but most of the people want less of that).

my point exactly if noone complaned nothing would get done and these things would be even more of an issue then they are now

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

AION stopped being fun and I cancelled my  account with NCSoft.  Too many issues not being resolved.

Originally posted by joker007mo

my point exactly if noone complaned nothing would get done and these things would be even more of an issue then they are now

The problem isn't people complaining

The problem is these "loom and doom" posts that show up every single day... over and over and over...

"Aion will fail" - "Aion has lost 50% customer base" - "Aion has already failed" ... and the list goes on, and on.... and on.....

THIS is the problem. There's nothing wrong with explaining the problems with the game... but when every second posts talks about it (or is blantantly a troll post) it gets real old - real quick....

In addition to that comment from above - hundreds of people DO have a problem with Aion - while thousands of players are enjoying the game and having a blast. Aion isn't for that group in the hundreds... but they're obviously doing something right - even if everyone don't agree.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by Cammy

The problem isn't people complaining

The problem is these "loom and doom" posts that show up every single day... over and over and over...

"Aion will fail" - "Aion has lost 50% customer base" - "Aion has already failed" ... and the list goes on, and on.... and on.....

THIS is the problem. There's nothing wrong with explaining the problems with the game... but when every second posts talks about it (or is blantantly a troll post) it gets real old - real quick....

In addition to that comment from above - hundreds of people DO have a problem with Aion - while thousands of players are enjoying the game and having a blast. Aion isn't for that group in the hundreds... but they're obviously doing something right - even if everyone don't agree.

It's just they want to be the ones that can say: "I told you so"

If you read older posts about WoW in MMORPG.com, you notice the pattern. They're right most of the time, because of a lot of MMOs fail these days.

Offtopic: My personal favorite is the guy that said WoW will fail because it has technical difficulties, not enough content and grind. And what happened... ;)

Not to the topic, but golden too...

ok i can agree with that the doom and gloom probably gets a bit much but honestly when it seems that companies like ncsoft arent listening which they arent and they almost go out of thier way to make sure you cant find them the ppl come here and want to tell someone thier issues so it does get a bit redundant so i would surmise there are two sides of this coin

off subject here but if they incresed spawn rates increase the amount of loot that drops and actually give you somethihng worth a crap off an elite boss then it wouldnt be as bad right now as it is though it doesnt feel worth it to just grind anything at least thats my experience and really everything else wouldnt bother me as much i already put up with alot of lag as it is so i can get over  some of the issues i just barely scrape up enough money to buy the basics let alone armor weapons spells etc

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I am having a great time in AION, is it pefect ?  nope.  but no game is.  they all have their issues.  The only thing that will cause me to quit the game, is NCsoft failing to fix the crash issues.  I plan on giving them a resonable amount of time to do so.  Other then that, everything else is just small potatos.

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Paragus1

I just finished a write up the takes a constructive look at some of the issues in Aion that has led to much of my guild stepping back from the game.   I'd love to hear community thoughts and feedback on the topics. 
    You can find it HERE.
    Thanks!

1) The bots will no doubt have long term negative effects on the economic stability of the game.  They are however, a very small problem when it comes to enjoying rifting PvP.  There is plenty of fight to be had from real players... the handful of bots you run across are just free points.  If you let it bother you, its because you are looking for something to bother you.

2) The fortress crashing issue is a tech issue.  It's not a gameplay issue.  Hell if I had wrote a 1 month report on WoW when it first came out that included tech problems... it would have been a scathing review.  I remember at the 1 month mark of WoW... the servers were just barely becoming stable and the loot lag issue was still a major problem...moral is.  Tech issues are tech issues, and they will be fixed.

3) The grind- you are approaching the game from a WoW player perspective.  Which is "zomg 1-79 is f'in pointless must get to 80 ASAP!!11!!!  You grab one of those nifty quest helper mods and follow an arrow around for 79 levels.  Aion isn't like that, your leveling monotony isn't designed to be broken up by skipping through npc chatboxes, running all over the damn place, or doing quests which try very hard to disguise themselves as something other than modified kill quests (which is exactly what most of them are).  In Aion,  the leveling monotony is designed to be broken up via Abyss PvP, Rifting PvP, Crafting/gathering, and instances... plus a smattering of quests.  If you play the game like Aion, and not like WoW... the grind isn't that bad at all.  In fact its rather refreshing.

4) Grouping is rewarded.  The only place its not rewarded is for the "zomg 1-79 is f'in poinltess must get to 80 ASAP!!11!!!" people.  For the Aion players, you realize very early that running in a pack is a very rewarding experience in a PvP game.  There are several questlines that are group oriented, as well as all the major dungeons.  Grouping is in no danger of dying in Aion.

Take a step back.  Look at the game from the perspective of an Aion player, and not a WoW player (or LotR or wherever you came from).   Take a piece of tape and cover up your experience bar, stop focusing on hitting level cap like thats your entire goal in life... just enjoy the game. You might see it in a different light.

Originally posted by comerb

You can find it HERE.
    Thanks!

1) The bots will no doubt have long term negative effects on the economic stability of the game.  They are however, a very small problem when it comes to enjoying rifting PvP.  There is plenty of fight to be had from real players... the handful of bots you run across are just free points.  If you let it bother you, its because you are looking for something to bother you.

2) The fortress crashing issue is a tech issue.  It's not a gameplay issue.  Hell if I had wrote a 1 month report on WoW when it first came out that included tech problems... it would have been a scathing review.  I remember at the 1 month mark of WoW... the servers were just barely becoming stable and the loot lag issue was still a major problem...moral is.  Tech issues are tech issues, and they will be fixed.

3) The grind- you are approaching the game from a WoW player perspective.  Which is "zomg 1-79 is f'in pointless must get to 80 ASAP!!11!!!  You grab one of those nifty quest helper mods and follow an arrow around for 79 levels.  Aion isn't like that, your leveling monotony isn't designed to be broken up by skipping through npc chatboxes, running all over the damn place, or doing quests which try very hard to disguise themselves as something other than modified kill quests (which is exactly what most of them are).  In Aion,  the leveling monotony is designed to be broken up via Abyss PvP, Rifting PvP, Crafting/gathering, and instances... plus a smattering of quests.  If you play the game like Aion, and not like WoW... the grind isn't that bad at all.  In fact its rather refreshing.

4) Grouping is rewarded.  The only place its not rewarded is for the "zomg 1-79 is f'in poinltess must get to 80 ASAP!!11!!!" people.  For the Aion players, you realize very early that running in a pack is a very rewarding experience in a PvP game.  There are several questlines that are group oriented, as well as all the major dungeons.  Grouping is in no danger of dying in Aion.

Take a step back.  Look at the game from the perspective of an Aion player, and not a WoW player (or LotR or wherever you came from).   Take a piece of tape and cover up your experience bar, stop focusing on hitting level cap like thats your entire goal in life... just enjoy the game. You might see it in a different light.

I <3 you

I would even consider babies.... best post Ive read here - possibly ever.

ok i can agree with that the doom and gloom probably gets a bit much but honestly when it seems that companies like ncsoft arent listening which they arent and they almost go out of thier way to make sure you cant find them the ppl come here and want to tell someone thier issues so it does get a bit redundant so i would surmise there are two sides of this coin

What haven't they listened about though? Seriously... so far they:

1) Fixed the lag issues

2) Fixed the queues

3) Almost fixed the gold spam (I get very very few these days)

4) Gave SM Flying pets

5) About to increase quest XP (as of the new patch)

and Im sure there are more but these are just off the top of my head. Seems to me they are REALLY listening to the player base and making the appropriate changes. 

• ChaosIncChaosInc Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by comerb

You can find it HERE.
    Thanks!

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Well, not without loads of plagerism (sp?).

NEWS FLASH! PAYING THE SUB IN F2P = NO DIFFERENCE THAN P2P GAMES!

Why the hell can't the whiners comprehend this?