Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Saga of Ryzom: Our Exclusive Review

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Reed Hubbard has completed his review of The Saga of Ryzom - the newly released fantasy MMORPG from Nevrax.  Below is a preview from the article:

image image image
image image image
image image image
Reviewing a newly released persistent world poses an unusual problem. Given the time required to truly plumb the depths of most titles, and given the greater rewards offered to more highly developed characters, and given the fact that many MMORPGs don't stabilize and start to mature until a few months after release, it's almost unfair to offer a critique after a month of play. Additionally, the persistent online aspect of the games places them in a constant state of development, i.e. the criticisms offered today may be moot after the next patch. Regardless, it is the job of those tasked with reviewing a game to offer such a critique, even knowing all the aforementioned. As such, your humble reviewer has emerged from the world of Atys to report on Nevrax's new release, The Saga of Ryzom.

The Saga of Ryzom takes place on the planet Atys, a sort of interstellar root ball. Atys sprouts huge tree-like branches that find their provenance deep within the planet. Three generations ago, the Fyros journeyed into the depths, an area known as the Prime Roots, in search of a legendary dragon. Here they encountered spheres filled with fearsome insect-type creatures, the Kitin. Their attempt to kill these beasts unleashed a fury on the planet that nearly decimated all homin life on Atys. After a struggle of two years, the Kitin returned to the Prime Roots and the survivors came out of hiding to rebuild their world. It is at this time that the player finds himself.

To read the full review, click here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

BEst review of SoR I have seen yet.

All other reviews are of people who didn't play it at all. This review is unbiased and IMO a little too nice to ryzom :)

That Content people have been waiting on... has been 'in the works' or 'my team are beavering away now on it' for more than 3-6 months.

Eventually people can't be content with potential.

Overall tho that review was good... confirmed to me that nothing much has changed since i beta'ed it. As for the actual game content :(.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

great review overall. although i think u rated the "FUN" on the game a little high by the way u spoke about Ryzom in general.

an 8? slide it back a little further....there u go keep it comin....almost....there u go, a 5. image

Joined - July 2004

• PasomattPasomatt Member Posts: 221

Well by the numers, it would imply its fun, just not for a long time, (so the value is low.)

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

uhm this game does not have a "10" for graphics...  Whoever gave that is  image

graphics look old and dated to me..

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    A well written and very fair review.  image

• go4brokego4broke Member Posts: 180

Interesting review, and I think he goes on to post about how the Genre has problems in general. Here's hoping WoW isn't like that, (anyone want to place bets that SOE has pushed EQ2 out too soon also?)