Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF classic WoW style mmo

JavasircJavasirc Member Posts: 12

Since fall is back in, and sunlight is ending earlier, im looking for a MMOG to play.

I have played WoW since january 2005, and quit about a year ago because i hated the expansions (both) and arena. And i dislike the "farm factor" of battlegrounds.

Since then, ive done the Guild Wars trial, baught Age of Conan (and hated it), and did the Warhammer Online trial. As long as numerous free to play MMOs. I have been looking at Aion lately, but since it doesnt have a demo, i fear i will waste my money on it like i did Age of Conan.

So what im looking for is a game similar to WoW [b]during release[/b]. Plenty of world pvp (town/city raids), no halfass PvP objectives like they have now. Minigames, like Battlegrounds in WoW are ok, as long as they dont promote grinding to get items. Id also prefer more realistic characters and graphics. WoW graphics are very cartoony, though i can stand them. Id also like a blackened art over WoW's blue-green art.

Comments

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

I'm goinna hate myself in the morning for posting this.

Everquest 2 - it's kinda like wow, has world pvp, kinda reminded me of wow(burning crusade) and the crafting there means something.  Here are the CONS: game is ran by SOE.  if you want to do pvp, you are going to have to do a TON OF BLOODY QUESTS.  I cannot stress this enough.  for in pvp servers those who are profficient in pvp will have thier AA maxxed out for thier level(and AA leves 1.5 or every level after level 10 you can spend 3 points of AA so at level 20 you can spend 30 points of AA).  now in order to get your AA maxxed out early on(so you can be PVP preffecient as you quest in EQ2) your going to have to do ever starting area's quests out there.(we're talking about, i believe over a hundred quests give or take 20).  now you do this by turning off your combat experience and quest experience, so your char will not level but you will gain AA exp(you get AA exp from killing named mobs, completing quests, and finding ne areas)  I could go on but i think you got the gist of it.  If you LOVE Quests, then EQ2 is for you.

I also heard perfect world international is kinda like WoW.  as well as runes of magic, but i cannot vouch for these two games.

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless