Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first day try of Aion

RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475

I just got my copy of Aion in the mail this morning, it sure is a nice game with some great potential. I'm not expecting it to be a super roller-coaster ride like WoW is but it certainly holds it own. It uses the same engine as Far Cry and so the graphics are wonderful, the character customization is the icing on the top, here you have full freedom of how you want your character to look in both shape and size. On this first day I played a Scout just to be a Ranger but why you have to level the first 9 levels in Rogue style I really hate and I actually died as all of my skills were on cooldown and I was level 5. =s

Probably switch to the Mage tomorrow, Sorcerers can do more range damage anyway. I know there's been a lot of talk about Aion being too much of a grind game but all MMORPG are grindy anyway, even WoW is, I don't see anything wrong with the Aion so far, but I sure would like to have camera free control while I run around. =)

Who else here plays Aion and thinks it's good?

Comments

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

I think its really fun. Although the gameplay/game progression is slower than I'm used to (wow). I'm not playing right now because Im' scared to get to end-game and get bored. So I'm going to maintain my sub, play a little now and then, until more end game PvE content comes around.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Me. im playing a templar and having a blast. the fighting anymations are what i like the most. its almost like watching a episode of devil may cry, the way my templar jumps up in the air and drives the sword home as it lands on the monster =D

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• RudyRaccoonRudyRaccoon Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by Toquio3

Me. im playing a templar and having a blast. the fighting anymations are what i like the most. its almost like watching a episode of devil may cry, the way my templar jumps up in the air and drives the sword home as it lands on the monster =D

=D

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

"Eye Candy" will obviously appeal to some, but I'd rather have fresh new content, challenging new game mechanics and some actual depth to the game.  Time to bid "lets cobble together all the old crap into a sub-par game system" Aion adieu and look ever further for something that is an improvement over current MMOs.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

"Eye Candy" will obviously appeal to some, but I'd rather have fresh new content, challenging new game mechanics and some actual depth to the game.  Time to bid "lets cobble together all the old crap into a sub-par game system" Aion adieu and look ever further for something that is an improvement over current MMOs.

The day developers decide that innovative game mechanics doesnt mean your world and your character has to look like shit, I'll give them a try. Yes Aion might be just another generic mmo, question is, is it fun? it is for me. thats all that matters in a game.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

The day developers decide that innovative game mechanics doesnt mean your world and your character has to look like shit, I'll give them a try. Yes Aion might be just another generic mmo, question is, is it fun? it is for me. thats all that matters in a game.

Yep, it is fun. =)

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by RudyRaccoon

Yep, it is fun. =)

Glad your enjoying the game, I would suggest you continue to update your progression as you get into the later levels of the game.  It does indeed slow down like people say so it will be interesting to hear your comments then as well and there are a lot of bots and gold spammers(although gold spam has been vastly improved since the new patch).  Hope you have fun and share your experiences with the rest of the community.

Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L

Originally posted by RudyRaccoon

Yep, it is fun. =)

Glad your enjoying the game, I would suggest you continue to update your progression as you get into the later levels of the game.  It does indeed slow down like people say so it will be interesting to hear your comments then as well and there are a lot of bots and gold spammers(although gold spam has been vastly improved since the new patch).  Hope you have fun and share your experiences with the rest of the community.

I probably will when I learn more of the quests, etc. =)

• tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

Yeah aion is a good game, im lvl 40 atm, and got some alts too, i like spiritmaster aswell as they are the ultimate nightmare in pvp;P

• AlesteAleste Member Posts: 64

Glad to see your liking Aion, but make sure not to praise it too much in here. Lots of sensitive trolls mind you. 

Check the guide in my sig if you like to tweak some of the games settings.

Improve Aion's Graphics with a simple text file that you can create by yourself:

-Increase in-game Field of View to 175% or more

-Increase view distance for players to 100 meters with camera at max distance

-Lots of other settings

Learn how by reading this guide at Aionsource

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/84379-definite-guide-aions-graphical-settings-performance-tips.html

• LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Well its tricky to say something good about this game here on mmorpg - dont know why so many tell crap about the game - even though I still think its the best MMO since WoW - Solid, Polished and very detailed and fun... - our legion is still having a blast :) There is a reason why still all servers reaching the "Full" state even after the first free month :)

I guess all people are happily playing and only the doomsayers visit mmorpg sadly :)

Currently playing: Archeage
    Waiting for: Black Desert

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346

it is a great game - I am having a lot of fun with it

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88

Nice game lot's of fun , and yes servers are full.

People enjoy Aion haters or not.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

My word of advice.. take it easy when you get into the abyss and assume people are looking to kill you.. so if you die just take a deep breath and think about what can be done to avoid it.