Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord Bonezy Asks Why not increase Guild Bank Slots?

50 slots are they serious? Even after this game has lost 96% of players there are still guilds with 100-200+ members and many more with double digit numbers, why not increase the guild bank size? It is a topic which has been suggested and discussed since launch and yet it always seems to be a priority not a priority. Nobody is very impressed by the lack of initiative shown by the developers on this front and any reasonably informed or game company that gave a shit about the exprience of their player base in guilds would obviously be making a move here.

So why not allow guilds to expand on their guild bankspace?

Discuss...

Comments

• Lobbyboy69Lobbyboy69 Member Posts: 201

Dont think there is that much to discuss tbh. They should up the bank slot numbers considerably. There must be a reason why this hasn't happened and probably been an official explanation...maybe AA has some insight into this.

BTW where do you get your figures you quote about 96% of the playerbase has left. Im no AoC lover but that seems a bit harsh tbh.

• LordBonezyLordBonezy Member Posts: 254
    Originally posted by Lobbyboy69

Dont think there is that much to discuss tbh. They should up the bank slot numbers considerably. There must be a reason why this hasn't happened and probably been an official explanation...maybe AA has some insight into this.
    BTW where do you get your figures you quote about 96% of the playerbase has left. Im no AoC lover but that seems a bit harsh tbh.

1.25 million copies sold right, under 100k playing, in fact less than 75k playing. You figure it out use windows calculator works for me. Of the customers who have played AOC at one time or another 96% no longer do.

Also they have never said that they couldn't expand the guild bank size, and there has always been a dodge answer from them about why other things have been priority. Something along the lines of, oh sure we'd love to paint mars Blue but we are busy painting the moon green this month and next month, we have a bunch of things I'm sure players will like in the pipeline... yada yada yada. Etc....

Tons of new content...

You get the picture

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

I'd love more guild banks space. And bag space. And to be buffed so I can one-shot everything. Also, I want a billion dollar salary, a Ferrari, and more candy on Saturdays.

Could it be that limited guild bank space and bag space maybe is an intended feature to make people have to prioritize what they store? You know, like it is in pretty much all games...

Also, haven't you raised this point a number of times before, and creating a thread is just to troll?

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Aercus

I'd love more guild banks space. And bag space. And to be buffed so I can one-shot everything. Also, I want a billion dollar salary, a Ferrari, and more candy on Saturdays.
    Could it be that limited guild bank space and bag space maybe is an intended feature to make people have to prioritize what they store? You know, like it is in pretty much all games...
    Also, haven't you raised this point a number of times before, and creating a thread is just to troll?

I take it you never crafted if you think you have enough vault space.  Your other "wants" are just stupid.

Maybe you think Bones is a troll, but asking for more bank space is hardly outrageous, whether he is or not..

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

I take it you never crafted if you think you have enough vault space.  Your other "wants" are just stupid.

Maybe you think Bones is a troll, but asking for more bank space is hardly outrageous, whether he is or not..

It isn't outrageous. It is exactly what the majority have wanted for more than a year now and it is an example where Funcom continues to fail to deliver. My motives months ago were to help them save this game and bring about the changes necessary to bring a substantial population into the game or back to the game, whatever, so that it could stay around and it would be the game that it had the potential to be.

Since the free trials I have seen the true intent of Funcom with their product. Fix a few things and call it a rebirth, I give them a D- for effort and an F for delivery. At this point my motives are to make clear what the game is and where the company is headed, why you should or should not support them is up to you.

I plan on asking why not, directly to Funcom and anybody who bothers to read about AOC here, on over a dozen topics with regards to Age of Conan over the next few days and weeks. I think it'll be an interesting reads and a hallmark of what happens when you screw players by saying you have something in your hand and when you uncloak it and open your hand you have another thing. Maybe it will be a case study. Certainly it will at least help potential players to get a read on what the game offers and what it is missing.

What are your motives?

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by Darth_Osor

Played FE? 10x the crafting mats and only 3x the space. What did the devs there say when people screamed about more space? "Tough luck, live with it - it's how it's meant to be"

Sometimes these things are concious decisions (like no auto loot in Darkfall) and has a purpose, i.e. to ensure that people are forced to put things on the market and not hoard, that noone can create their own little guild and corner the market by buying up everything of one item, to ensure that larger guilds can't just have a bank of items for every class and level etc.

The best thing would of course be if FC actually came out and said the same thing the FE devs said, but I guess they are a littlebit too chickenshit to do it :)

• Lobbyboy69Lobbyboy69 Member Posts: 201

To be fair he has brought up a relevant issue. Guild bank that size is....pretty minimal and not much use. Im sure its an easy fix for Funcom to sort out and probably would please those people with medium to large guilds.

Your point is valid if it relates to personal storage, but that space for a guilds bank (let alone large guild if any left) is pretty poor.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by LordBonezy

It isn't outrageous. It is exactly what the majority have wanted for more than a year now and it is an example where Funcom continues to fail to deliver. My motives months ago were to help them save this game and bring about the changes necessary to bring a substantial population into the game or back to the game, whatever, so that it could stay around and it would be the game that it had the potential to be.....

Come on, are you serious or really that delusional? "Majority have wanted" Now, do you mean like 25 whining posts on official forum? Or was it 40 posts? Or 60?

Your "motives months ago were to help them save this game and bring about the changes necessary to bring a substantial population ..." Do you mean like, you opened a few threads whining about that you need more storage slots in guild bank? Or two threads? Or two threads and 5 posts in other people's threads?

REALITY CHECK

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The funny thing is that this "Why not..?" series from LordBonezy contains more serious questions than the original topics of Dana and interviews of mmorpg with Funcom ;)

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by VoIgore

The funny thing is that this "Why not..?" series from LordBonezy contains more serious questions than the original topics of Dana and interviews of mmorpg with Funcom ;)

You mean like guild bank slots are serious? Did I miss a sarcasm?

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by Thillian

Originally posted by VoIgore

You mean like guild bank slots are serious? Did I miss a sarcasm?

Well a lot of players left the game for various issue not all of us had rueful performance issues with the game 3-6 months after launch because we had Vista and 4 gigs of ram and DX9 was smoking then. We were also being told that fixes were right around the corner and that the population was slightly dipping but that merges were still well we weren't told they were coming until October and then it was January before they began right? 

What we couldn't handle was the item database losing our guilds fortunes and then Funcom not making amends for that, months between patches, and itemization being what it is, in that you need way too many resources for citites and you can't store what you need where and when you need it. This is just one of many many busted to hell and poorly designed program mechanics, because remember even though AOC is a game it is a computer program and not a very good one at that.

As for the "Why not" thing, well Massey needs to get some new topics but I wanted to start raising issues which I see are driving players away and have been and point out to everybody playing, intersted in subbbing, and you folks here defending AOC that AOC is not the cherry pie that Avery and Craig Morrison are saying it is.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

As for the "Why not" thing, well Massey needs to get some new topics but I wanted to start raising issues which I see are driving players away and have been and point out to everybody playing, intersted in subbbing, and you folks here defending AOC that AOC is not the cherry pie that Avery and Craig Morrison are saying it is.

I agree with a lot of the points you bring up that AoC could benefit from. I think that the way you go about it could be refined better. I definately don't paint the game as cherry pie. You should not need to perceive to do the opposite. Also and not having a go at all, you have to realise that these are things you want to see and you also have to have the ability to understand that these things might not be a priority. Sure they are nice to have, but just because you think that if you scream the loudest you will be heard.

If you can poll up and show siginificant interest above your own then they will notice. Create some free surveys, be construtive.

I am sure you are aware that 1.6 is starting from the looks of it in a couple of weeks, and that this update has a particular focus on guilds. If you can be constructive enough and persuasive then you could end up seeing some things incorporated. It has been done before.

Thing about it from a business perspective too. If you have X amount of people asking for this and twice as many people asking for something else what do you do? I have read nearly all your posts on the official forums and here, I really think you could benefit from putting across your points in a different way. It doesn't help attacking the GD on his own blog.

It seems your passionate about a game you don't play. If you can switch it up a bit you can use that to you're advantage.

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

I agree with a lot of the points you bring up that AoC could benefit from. I think that the way you go about it could be refined better. I definately don't paint the game as cherry pie. You should not need to perceive to do the opposite. Also and not having a go at all, you have to realise that these are things you want to see and you also have to have the ability to understand that these things might not be a priority. Sure they are nice to have, but just because you think that if you scream the loudest you will be heard.

I'm pointing out to the masses what is missing. The only think I needed to play this game was other players in my guild having a good time and a server with a healthy population. The only thing I need to return is that same thing, a server with healthy and growing populations of players. By pointing out specifics and demanding Funcom proceed differently you all call that screaming loudest. I ask you, what has staying silent gotten the hundreds of thousands who quit the game never to return because of Funcom's incompetence and execution failures henceforth? Little if anything.

If you can poll up and show siginificant interest above your own then they will notice. Create some free surveys, be construtive.

I have no interest in supporting Funcom or the AOC dev team at this point. Doing so in the past as a guild leader while our server collapsed around us and other servers did as well changed nothing.  If they do not begin to change the way with which they do things, I wish to see them destroyed.

I am sure you are aware that 1.6 is starting from the looks of it in a couple of weeks, and that this update has a particular focus on guilds. If you can be constructive enough and persuasive then you could end up seeing some things incorporated. It has been done before.

1.06 contains nothing of real substance for guilds. The posts have been made on the forums as far back as June 2008. Guild masters need control over who does what in the guild. They need to acquire funds to secure the guild bank, and they need to know that the next day someone didn't kick the entire guild because they were given permisison to do it because of shitty game design.

Show me where that is in the goal notes cause I fucking missed that.

But Alas Ah yes Avery, the patches are always the pot of gold at the end of the mother fucking Funcom rainbow. It's always a few weeks away, just around the corner, that is a very nice picture you paint there Erling and Craig. Historically the season is changed before players really see the end result on the live server, and then another whole season changes before they fix the "balance tweaks" This game needs to be immediately put on a 3-4 week patch schedule. They need to stop comparing themselves "favorably" to other MMOs and realize they are on the titanic and about to go under. It isn't so much that the game can't survive with 50k rather than 75k playing, it is that servers can't survive without a critical mass of players. So Avery is their plan to go to free to play at that point? Once servers implode, as we have all seen the free trials brought in 100k trial players, while the launch over a million. I simply don't see how offering the game as free to play will build a population if you can't get players to stick it out when they have invested money. The problem with the game isn't perception, it's the reality. The game needs work, and not in the direction that the director is taking it, but the directions the playerbase wants. They just simply don't know what direction that is.

Thing about it from a business perspective too. If you have X amount of people asking for this and twice as many people asking for something else what do you do? I have read nearly all your posts on the official forums and here, I really think you could benefit from putting across your points in a different way. It doesn't help attacking the GD on his own blog.

My point Avery is very simple. They don't know what the hell to do because they don't gather information very well and they sure as hell don't implement on the information gathered, well. For example, Gems, Banksize, Collusium idea, player housing, duels inside guilds, altering appearance overtime, free character transfers before, Guild Management, Guild Customization, Player very NPC sieges, guild city resource adjustments, forced merges, there are so many examples of areas where they have totally fucked this game up. I'm not saying everything they have done is awful, but the pace is one area where they are just dragging ass.

It seems your passionate about a game you don't play. If you can switch it up a bit you can use that to you're advantage.

Its pretty clear to me they don't deserve my money Avery. Even if I didn't work as hard as I do for it, or had a hell of a lot more of it than I do, people don't throw it away. Were the game fun, entertaining, growing that would be one thing. It is entertainment until you hit the series of walls where it pissed you the hell off. It is fun until you end up doing the same thing over and over the for the 10th or 100th or 1000th time and you are like fuck this, and unsub. But one thing this game is not doing and hasn't been doing since launch is growing.

Just like a plant, when a game doesn't grow it dies. All they need to fucking do here, is stop dragging ass, stop telling lies, stop working on bullshit like making boobs bigger, and start adding substantive changes, and mechanics changes. If they make it so players can store 100 items in the guild bank, and so as a guild master I can set 10 ranks if I want and apply the permissions to each one that I want, and add a tax system so we don't have to beg for resources, and if they make it so that every siege has 48 players in it because people can jump into a queue as attackers or defenders and help out their friends without having to leave their guilds that would be an instant re-sub for me. Not only me but dozens, hundreds, thousands others.

My point, the point that seems to be countered by the argument  "oh well your concerns are being addressed in a different order of priority" is that this development team and indeed this company Funcom is much more Style over Substance, and it has killed this game. If they want that to change they need to stop with the bullshitting, and start delivering. They need to be able to readily point to specific things that were authorized, directed and demanded with strong favor by the playing community. They are simply not doing that. Until they do or shut this mother down. I'll be here setting you all straight on the situation and on the need.

Maybe just maybe when they get down to 1 server, and their last 10,000 subscribers they'll be ready to listen.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

More bank slots would be great, even if they have to be earned it will still be helpful (earned as in higher Tier City level or Guild renown, etc etc)

On a rpers stand point,  people that collect items are damned to be pack rats, plan and symbol,  not so much for collecting junk but to collect gear that they admire and rather show off to others, yet with the limited space they are forced to make alt toons to put all their junk in.

for a crafters stand point,  hell ..fn ..ya.. i dont know if i met any established crafters that wouldnt want to have a larger inventory space/slots to warehouse all the items that they make, and hold on to them for whatever reason,  economy boost, reserved materials bank, putting in extra stock of various supplies.

I wouldnt go so far to say it would be a means of people opening up their own shops and becoming player vendors,  however it would be a nice addition now since there are more than enough content (item wise) to give it a try.

Again,  with the new guild renown system around the corner as well as T3..  Funcom could take the chance of having one of the new guild city buildings be a dedicated warehouse,   Call it  Warehouse,  T1, T2, T3..  every Tier there would be 8 pages.

to further expand on that, back to player vendors in AOC,  giving trusted guild members a token to have them access the guild warehouse bank at anytime automatically establishes a player vendor element for the game.

What stops this idea, 2 things.  1. Funcom's timetable of course  and 2. Funcom last year already speaking about the server being bogged down and stressed by trying to remember everyones items, both individual player and guild.

If a said update were to occur, i wouldnt put it past AOC to have a horrendous bug that would wipe out some ones inventory or item,  anyone that remembered the introduction of 1.05 how some people lost a item or two due to the drastic changes; Now imagine having the risk of your whole guild banks storage getting wiped out due to a patch;  i wouldnt want to take that risk, even if the reward is visible.

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Beanpuie

On a rpers stand point,  people that collect items are damned to be pack rats, plan and symbol,  not so much for collecting junk but to collect gear that they admire and rather show off to others, yet with the limited space they are forced to make alt toons to put all their junk in.
    for a crafters stand point,  hell ..fn ..ya.. i dont know if i met any established crafters that wouldnt want to have a larger inventory space/slots to warehouse all the items that they make, and hold on to them for whatever reason,  economy boost, reserved materials bank, putting in extra stock of various supplies.

I must say both these points are important:

As an RPer I find storing all the little worthless trinkets you can find becomes very annoying when you need to store other stuff.

As a crafter you really need to make a banker character which has its private guild (with guild bank) to help store your stuff. I am actually close to making a second bank character.

It would be nice if guilds had more space to have a central storage of much of the materials because with all the building materials, what is left is not much.

Originally posted by haratu

Originally posted by Beanpuie

I must say both these points are important:

As an RPer I find storing all the little worthless trinkets you can find becomes very annoying when you need to store other stuff.

As a crafter you really need to make a banker character which has its private guild (with guild bank) to help store your stuff. I am actually close to making a second bank character.

It would be nice if guilds had more space to have a central storage of much of the materials because with all the building materials, what is left is not much.

The fact that all thes extra characters with extra space are being created points toward bad game design. I know they reduced the variety of items for crafting at one point but still 50 slots is too limiting for a guild. It is also personally very limiting. I dont think it should be possible to store every item you encounter at any point forever, however it does makes sense to have more ability to access more items and more storage.

This is the thread that they have ignored for over a year...

428 posts with a 96% favorability rate in support of a larger bank.

forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php

• nihcenihce Member Posts: 539

Lol bonezy ... bank size is the biggest problem you have in AoC? Let them fix sieges, add dungeons, towers maybe cross server pvp minis, add more minis - than maybe, after RP items - guild bank size

Originally posted by nihce

Lol bonezy ... bank size is the biggest problem you have in AoC? Let them fix sieges, add dungeons, towers maybe cross server pvp minis, add more minis - than maybe, after RP items - guild bank size

Clearly you haven't seen my "Why not Fix Sieges... Thread, and no I don't think bank space is the biggest problem. I think it is a top 10 problem though for most players, because it affects everybody playing AOC. If not top 10 it certainly is top 20.

Its been a long standing problem they have done little about, and what they did do was limit the variety of items which are available in the world, however not increase the storage capacity of personal inventory or guild inventory. They simply haven't addressed it like dozens of other issues.

I have given them plenty of hell for not having functional and inclusive sieges, and I've been a proponent for inclusive sieges which would be are full sieges, for a long long time, since the summer of 2008. However, the dev team isn't interested in collecting the data which will tell them what to fix, in what priority nor do they apparently have the resources available to make the fixes, or the product parameters available to them in such a way that they are fixable. Who knows, you certainly can't get straight no BS assessments from the devs or from anybody at Funcom.

• nihcenihce Member Posts: 539

OFC I read it. I even didn't call you boy this time because you grow up from an immature flame boy to someone who actually suggested some ok stuff. But lets not even think about cosmetic fixes such as this one - it is on the line with more RP gear. Lets all demand game mechanics fixed and fun PVP. This game is something new and I still do believe that it can be awesome (just like AO is)

Originally posted by nihce

OFC I read it. I even didn't call you boy this time because you grow up from an immature flame boy to someone who actually suggested some ok stuff. But lets not even think about cosmetic fixes such as this one - it is on the line with more RP gear. Lets all demand game mechanics fixed and fun PVP. This game is something new and I still do believe that it can be awesome (just like AO is)

Bank slots and inventory space relief is not a cosmetic change. It is a mechanics change and has been of high important to crafters, gatherers, and guild masters. You may recall the time when funcom was losing items belonging to people in the mail, and then they did some sort of server revamp where they declared a limit to the number of items you could have in the mail by limiting storage to 30 days. This essentially was their fix to a broken database and mechanic which simply did not allow players to properly manage the space they have. It isn't so much of a personal inventory problem but when you have a guild with dozens or hundreds of members the problem is a very real and daily encountered one.

I also would agree with you there are more important changes to make, this is an example of one which could be accomplished with minimal effort, such as less effort than was undertaken to give people larger virtual boobs for a few minutes/hours to appease vet awaiting their rewards for paying for this bullshit for over a year. If they'd done some more mechanics fixes like this, in the past, they wouldn't be on game life support, with imploding servers, declined populations, and free trials which are having zero effect on population levels.