Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anything be done about the lag/latency?

crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

For starters, i have a mid ranged quad core with a gtx260, and a DSL line.

I have never had an issue with FPS lag, and never had a serious lag issue in any game ive played (i dont consider a few lag spikes an issue).

I made it though the insanely crowded launch, no lag, MS was between 100-300 on average.

A few weeks ago, the lag started to pick up (after my second fort seige i believe)

Now, any time i seige, or there is a fort seige going on somewhere, i get unplayable amounts of lag, and rubberbanding like ive never seen in a game before.  Its to the point where i wonder why i try to even log in when i know theres a fort seige occuring (my lag extends to any map)  this should be a part of the game that i look forward to, as its my reason for leveling and getting equipment.

I understand there were major lag issues due to ISP routing during launch, however i was not effected by it and played just fine while many people were screaming about the lag.

I was curious if theres anything on my part that i can do to fix this issue, as ive never had to deal with it before.

I really dont see myself lasting in Aion too long with lag like this.  I cant even cast more than one skill without a 5-10 second pause ( for a sorc that usually means im dead aftter the game catches up).   The last 5 sieges or so, ive spent the entire time getting complaints for not sticking with the raid (thanks rubberbanding) and running back to meet my raid after DC's ( i said Disconnects not memory leaks).  When im not rubberbanding a mile behind my group, or running back from a lag death, im lucky to get a skill off without it lagging, let alone help out my raid in anyway.

I hope its something on my side that i can fix, that or mabey unlimited participant seiges taking place on large leveling maps with other people not seiging wasnt a good idea?   I mean slap an instance on the damn for seiges and make it a capped amount of players (why attempt to balance the factions on the servers only to leave the faction vs faction seiges open for imbalance)?

If im missing anything that i can do please let me know.