Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any medieval low fantasy mmos out there?

ZorlacZorlac Member Posts: 101

I'm thinking Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale type of low fantasy.

3D would be okay, but modern 2D would even be better.

I have tried Runescape lately for the first time. It seems like it would be awesome if the controls were updated (cannot stand using arrow keys to move the camera around). I can deal with the graphics/sound, but wish they were a little better too.

Comments

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

cabal.ogplanet.com/main.og

Enjoy!!!

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Enjoy!!!

Lol........he said medievil LOW fantasy

Not Korean super high fantasy mech warrior crap...............

Originally posted by ste2000

Originally posted by xpowderx

Enjoy!!!

Lol........he said medievil LOW fantasy

Not Korean super high fantasy mech warrior crap...............

Can tell a player who has never even tried the game. Start in a barbarian village. And mechs?? no mechs in Cabal. You start out in a barbarian village.! And the force classes are magic casters :-P

Sorry mate......I think the OP meant the game should look low fantasy.

I ve seen the screenshots of the game and the armors doesn't look low fantasy at all, more like Aion but more cartoonish (I call Aion style Mech Warriors)

What he meant I believe was something like the Camelot era...........King Arthur and Merlin sort of thing.

I see, well Runescape gets about as low fantasy as you can get. The only other low fantasy game I know of is Nodiatis.

• trillahtrillah Member CommonPosts: 158

dark age of camelot?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Age of conan.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by trillah

dark age of camelot?

I think that's what he is looking for.........but not so ancient

PS: Mythic should have made DAOC 2 instead of Warhammer

• SignoreSignore Member Posts: 127

Mm Come to think of it.. I can't think of any

But thats true Mythic shouldn't have touched Warhammer and just did a Sequel on DAOC but with Better graphics and overall system/Content.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Roma Victor? Not quite medieval but historical not fantasy.

Earth Eternal? http://www.eartheternal.com/welcome

• ZorlacZorlac Member Posts: 101

I played DAoC from retail until ToA came out. Mythic not only ruined the game after that point, but lost all their good employees. Losing Sanya was the last straw for me. I will never go back.

Tried Nodiatis, but it was a little too...browserish/mud style for me, but pretty cool. Another one is Sorcery Quest if you liked that game...you might check it out: http://www.edgebee.com/

EE looks like WoW with animals instead of humans. Im burnt on Saturday morning cartoon graphics after playing WoW for another 2 years.

I have AoC, but never even opened it because I played LoTRO up until last Spring. Since then, I have been taking a much needed break from MMOs (had played non-stop since AC1 came out in 1999).

I just want a serious game with a good community and polish...along with adult graphics (not talking about pr0n). I mean realistic low fantasy. I wish a badass 2D game was in the works, but I dont see that happening. Mortal Online looks like it could be a winner, but I highly doubt it after seeing what happened with Darkfall and what beta folks are saying about MO. If CCP could make a sandbox low fantasy game with the same passion they put into EVE, then that would be my dream come true.

Maybe I should just give Runescape a chance (just gotta get past the camera controls and clunky interface I suppose).

Feel free to suggest more if you think about them.  :)

Thanks guys!

Zorlac

• therooster33therooster33 Member Posts: 7

will i was playing lastchaos for two years until i found out that theres hackers  there and lost my account.AERIA GAMES ripped me off and  i spend thousands of dollars on that game only to have some hacker take it away .instead of aeria banning the people that did this to me and  a few other people,aeria decided to keep the hackers in the game because they were spending 10 times what i was spending and they banned me lol.anyway with that said i tried out a few mmo,s and archlord is very good for a "FREE TO PLAY" game.theres another game out there that you may like its called pirate century,theres so much to do there that it will keep you busy for weeks before you realize its a free to play game.i,m still playin and i hav'nt put any money on it yet but i will because  unlike aeria games where you gotta use real money the same week you start it,or if you can live to hit the 200yr old mark you may get to lvl120 lol, pirates century  you could be months and they dont got hackers atleast not yet