Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Obama declares "State of Emergency" with H1N1

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

As of 1pm EST Obama declares the U.S in a state of emergency with concern over the h1N1 flu virus. CDC announced today that the vaccines are too late The h1n1 has spread quite fast compared to the regular strain of influenza.. www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html

I live in kentucky, in the past month we have had 10 deaths so far. Five of which were from perfectly healthy people with no health issues. This issue really has me worried as I have daughters who are very public. Does this concern any of you?

It did not help this came after I just went to Subway. While ordering my sandwich maker coughed on her shoulder.. Ughhh...

Whers my Purell!!!!

Comments

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

My cousins and uncle all got this flu and are doing ok. For 3 days they were extremely sick, then they were fine. It seems like if the virus cant kill you, it just gives up early. Which is good I suppose. Whats odd is how erratic the disease is behaving. It sometimes targets the healthy populations and other times only populations with secondary medical issues. 

I had the avian flu, so I know how bad a horrid flu can be. My best advice is to ask your kids to keep track of the people there around. If they appear sick, leave them alone. Kids dont get to just excuse themselves from there health upkeep. They should actively take part in it:)

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Techleo

My cousins and uncle all got this flu and are doing ok. For 3 days they were extremely sick, then they were fine. It seems like if the virus cant kill you, it just gives up early. Which is good I suppose. Whats odd is how erratic the disease is behaving. It sometimes targets the healthy populations and other times only populations with secondary medical issues. 
     I had the avian flu, so I know how bad a horrid flu can be. My best advice is to ask your kids to keep track of the people there around. If they appear sick, leave them alone. Kids dont get to just excuse themselves from there health upkeep. They should actively take part in it:)

From what I read and watched the h1n1 is unlike usual flu strains. As it actually contains 4 RNA types rather than the usual two most influenza contains. If a person contracts the virus and can make it to day 5 they have a fairly good chance to actually surviving it. As our bodies T-Cells become active.

Also from what I have read the vaccine is only 40% effective and takes almost 2 weeks after innoculation to be effective at all.

Also from what I have read the va]

• dynamo122dynamo122 Member Posts: 162

Just keep your hands clean and don't touch your face, also avoid highly populated areas. Do this and nothing to worry about.

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684

I'm living in Tokyo right now and so far no problems. I had a cold but that's about it. I figured it'd be worse in one of the most populated cities on Earth.