Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor about Elder Scrolls V

spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Just clocked this on the Escapist. Posting in case anybody is interested.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95699-Rumor-Next-Elder-Scrolls-Game-to-be-set-200-Years-After-Oblivion

Comments

• McAvoyMcAvoy Member Posts: 85

Guess this means i need to do the main story in Oblivion, i have only done side quests and have 70 hrs of gameplay. 200 years in the future sounds like it could be very sexy. I'm hoping for something cool like Steam punk.

Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Rumors? Call me crazy, but I'd bet that Bethesda's been working on TES 5 for some time by now. I mean, when it comes to TES it's pretty much given that a sequal is definitely coming, only question is when.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by Methos12

Rumors? Call me crazy, but I'd bet that Bethesda's been working on TES 5 for some time by now. I mean, when it comes to TES it's pretty much given that a sequal is definitely coming, only question is when.

Totaly dude, we all knew it was coming at some point. However I posted this becouse it's about when the game will be set and there is a posibility they will be breaking from the classic fantasy setting......or maybee thats just me reading to much into it :)

• mYcheRomYcheRo Member Posts: 22

sounds awesome!  good find

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by McAvoy

Guess this means i need to do the main story in Oblivion, i have only done side quests and have 70 hrs of gameplay. 200 years in the future sounds like it could be very sexy. I'm hoping for something cool like Steam punk.

That's funny because my roommate, when he played Oblivion, had been and done practically everything except any sort of main or guild quest. He'd start them but would just prefer to roam around and explore and do the small quests. He'd seen more of the map than I had yet I had probably played the game more and finished the main quest many, many times.

I also agree that they probably have been working on the next Elder Scrolls. I believe I saw an interview that they weren't but then I remembered a few slips that indicated they weren't through with Elder Scrolls and that they had started Oblivion shortly after Morrowind. Yet at the time we had heard nothing of them working on Oblvion.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I think I put around 700 hours into oblivion, and played through the main story line 3 times. Obllvion is one of my favorite games ever made, and I love the world they have created. They have probably been working on the game on a year now, ever since they completed Fallout 3.

I also like the sound of 200 years into the future, but I don't think the world will change too drastically. I am just thinking how in Fable 2 it was 500 years after Fable 1 and they only changed the world a but like landmarks from the first game were now in ruin. Fable 2 did add guns though and removed bows, which would be one of the things I would expect for the next elder scrolls game.

• SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

i read somewhere that its gonna be set in Hamerfall and you will be able to be a rebel or an aristocrat who must quell the rebellion

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Good find, Elder Scrolls is an awesome series and I can't wait for the next part.  I'd kind of hoped that Darkfall would play like an mmo version of Elder Scrolls but at this point it looks like it may take them years to get anywhere near that.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

I have the feeling that maybe the main storyline for the new TES game is that a dwarven ruin with powerfull technology was found, a group of people try to use it to take over the Empire.

• FurellFurell Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by BloodDuality

I think I put around 700 hours into oblivion, and played through the main story line 3 times. Obllvion is one of my favorite games ever made, and I love the world they have created. They have probably been working on the game on a year now, ever since they completed Fallout 3.
    I also like the sound of 200 years into the future, but I don't think the world will change too drastically. I am just thinking how in Fable 2 it was 500 years after Fable 1 and they only changed the world a but like landmarks from the first game were now in ruin. Fable 2 did add guns though and removed bows, which would be one of the things I would expect for the next elder scrolls game.

Bethesda is working on Fallout: New Vegas too after they completed Fallout 3. I think we need to wait longer for Elder Scrolls V than on Fallout: New Vegas. Too bad for us. :(

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

What about the Elder Scrolls MMO? Do you think they'd work on a singleplayer and multiplayer Elder Scrolls at the same time (as well as Fallout)?

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• FurellFurell Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by nAAtimus

What about the Elder Scrolls MMO? Do you think they'd work on a singleplayer and multiplayer Elder Scrolls at the same time (as well as Fallout)?

Elder Scrolls MMO isn't officially announced if I'm right, the Fallout MMO is in development by Interplay, not by Bethesda.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by Furell

Originally posted by nAAtimus

Elder Scrolls MMO isn't officially announced if I'm right, the Fallout MMO is in development by Interplay, not by Bethesda.

Nothing official no. In 2007 Destructoid gaming news(I think?) anounced that an Elder Scrolls mmo was in the works but Bethesda quickly moved to quash that. But they are notoriously tight liped about everything. Still hope they are working on an mmo though. It would be like a license to print money for them if they sorted it out.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

God, I hope they don't ruin this wonderful series with a MMO.

I'm still fuming over no Kotor 3 by Bioware.

Lets leave the Good Rpg Ips as Rpgs please.

As for the Info it sounds good. Guess I'll have to finally finish the main storyline.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• InfalibleInfalible Member Posts: 204

Bethesda is working on Fallout: New Vegas too after they completed Fallout 3. I think we need to wait longer for Elder Scrolls V than on Fallout: New Vegas. Too bad for us. :(

No they are not :-)

Fallout: New Vegas is being developed in its totality by Obsidian Entertainment - Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - and is being published by Bethesda. That is all. Bethesda have no involvement in the development of the game, outside of approving story content, marketing and publishing the title :-)

http://www.themmoquest.com - MMO commentary from an overly angry brit. OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!

• undromassundromass Member Posts: 6

whatever the new TES holds, i hope they continue on with their current trend of vast improvements with each installment

• ObliviuzeObliviuze Member Posts: 12

Cool news.. Hope it will take place in Skyrim :)

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I heard a similar rumor long ago, and that it was going to take place in the Gold Elf Isles (forget the name). Personally, after a run with FarCry 2 I would rather play in the Khajiiti homelands.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177

i just hope its not a mmo i miss the first time i got oblivion never had such a adventure yet in any game afterwards at least

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

New Vegas is a Obisidian Entertainment product ( the remainder of the guys that made the original Fallout games). Bethesda is working on their own Fallout sequel as well.

As to 200 years in the future making a massive tech difference, don't compare their universe to ours. There is no guarantee they will have any kind of industrial revolution. Plus the "Steampunk Age" has already been and gone with the dwarven empire.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "