Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many Players can a Full Server Hold?

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Anybody know the numbers that a WoW server can hold?

Comments

• FarScapeFarScape Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Anybody know the numbers that a WoW server can hold?

I believe its 3000-4000 people.

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Around 2K i think

• maacaaviityymaacaaviityy Member UncommonPosts: 127

In total, or players online at the same time?

Anyway, look at these 2 links. This should give you a roughly estimate. The numbers are far from 100% correct though.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php?sort=Total - EU Realms

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?sort=Total - US Realms

2k at same time i think 

Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by vladakov

2k at same time i think 

3K is the average for ALL servers included. So 2K is a laugh. (source: warcraftrealms.com). Including the lower ones.

So on operational mode it would be around 4K-4.5 full with a locked out somewhere near 4.5K I guess

Also BE aware ALL Realm based fantasy mmorpg's have around the same SQL capacity.

It is ALL based on the same hardware/(MY) SQL technology btw - server wise.

And yes while some companies say they can hold 7 K or more players, that's max stressed out and  NON operational status.

Unless you want to MOVE in your world ... no operator will allow more than 5K ever on their (My°)sql servers at the same time.

BTW Both WOW and Lotro realm servers were upgraded in the summer of 2008 with the latest SQL technology.

i grabbed an old magazine with a blizzard entertainment interview, and there they said that servers can still run optimal if there were 2000 people on 1 server playing at the same time, nevertheless,  that was  3 months after WoW released, so with the new SQL shizzle your on about i guess your right :P

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by vladakov

2k at same time i think 

3K is the average for ALL servers included. So 2K is a laugh. (source: warcraftrealms.com). Including the lower ones.

So on operational mode it would be around 4K-4.5 full with a locked out somewhere near 4.5K I guess

Also BE aware ALL Realm based fantasy mmorpg's have around the same SQL capacity.

It is ALL based on the same hardware/(MY) SQL technology btw - server wise.

And yes while some companies say they can hold 7 K or more players, that's max stressed out and  NON operational status.

Unless you want to MOVE in your world ... no operator will allow more than 5K ever on their (My°)sql servers at the same time.

BTW Both WOW and Lotro realm servers were upgraded in the summer of 2008 with the latest SQL technology.

you are lying, wow servers can only hold 10 players..my goldfish checked it on xfire so its true, although he has only a 3 second memory span so i guess thats why he plays wow.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

/thread

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342

The player cap was always been rumored between 10 ot 15k players, this does not however mean active players at the same time in that case rumours always went between 2k & 5k. and with those numbers you'd already see a change in performance.

Tho we can throw numbers at eachother for days without ever knowing at the end of the day it will always be uncomfirmed. :)

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Thanks. I just wanted to know. cause IMO this or more should be the standard to Server population in newer MMORPGs

• PhasmaPhasma Member Posts: 19

Thanks. I just wanted to know. cause IMO this or more should be the standard to Server population in newer MMORPGs

Unless you have a multi-million dollar company(cough blizzard cough) backing up your hardware, it wont be.  Great idea, but I bet it's costly.  I know nothing of hardware costs but as I said, I'm betting it's costly.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by Phasma

Unless you have a multi-million dollar company(cough blizzard cough) backing up your hardware, it wont be.  Great idea, but I bet it's costly.  I know nothing of hardware costs but as I said, I'm betting it's costly.

But but Guild Wars 2 will have Massive 3D servers, yet they are Free To Play.

Even RoM has this right?