Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Releases Diablo 3!

2»

Comments

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

Originally posted by Inyar
    Originally posted by crock
    and whats wrong here with GW?
    Nothing...
    GW combat is more complicated ..u dont push only one attack to kill a moband in PvP u always need more brain than killing AI mobs
    I played GW, combat is not complicated at all... again try FFXI if you want real challenge in combat, ack'n'slash is not hard.
    just count how many different spells has GW and how many rysom...and the spells arent thesame not only more damage at higher lvl
    Ok so more spells = u need to use more brain ? totally false
    yeah community ...who told u GW will have no community?
    IT does have one...
    no idea about FFX! ..i played lineage 2....is a good gamecould be perfect without so much grinding and farming
    WOW.. I played L2, worst mmorpg ever...
    sure u use ur brain to play lolu use ur brain for everything if u r humanxept maybe killing thesame mob for xxx timethat is kinda reflex lol
    Every good player know what I mean.. they are smart and dumb playersexample from typical group hunting in rysommage cast fear on mob to pull itanother mage cast blind spell and the whole group bash the mob wich cant move only with one attack ( the best what u have at ur lvl)repeat the same xxx timehow much brain u need to do it?)You like to bring Ryzom back dont you ? anyway i dont see the point here.. And that cant be done since patch 1, it was a flaw that allowed people lvl too fast. But they had to observed and try different option to find the flaw.
    Anyway it cant be done anymore. As always you know what your talking about....-------------
    Anti-Crock

more spells= more choises
    L2 was better for me than rysom ( its subjectiv)
    u can bitch it if u dont liked it i will not call u "retard" coz it

from ur post.. i havent read any arguments why GW isnt mmorpg

btw what do u mean with every good player know?
    examples plz

• InyarInyar Member Posts: 157

Every good player already found themself in team with a high level newbie.

Nothings wrong with Guild War.

Guild War is definitly an MMO with RPG elements. Like Diablo, no hardcore RPG player will say its 100% a RPG, it's an action game with rpg elements. Same thing for Guild War...

Again Guild War is fun.... its just not the type of game im looking for.

-------------
    Anti-Crock

hardcore RPG is grind?)

RPG means ROLE PLAYING GAME nothing more and nothing less

u can roleplay easy without grinding to high lvl

lol but without grinding u cant call someone noob ..if u r the highest lvl
    maybe this is true RPG defenition for many ppl)

• boutchboutch Member Posts: 37

Some games are classifyed as action rpg, other as plain rpg.

Diablo is an action rpg so is Fable

Morrowind, FF series, NWN, Fallout, etc.. are RPG

--------------Edit-------------------

ARGG I hate sharing computer at job... this is actually a coworker account... im Inyar not Boutch...

Inyar : your english is bad :P  " I hate sharing computer at WORK... Actually Boutch is a coworker's account. Im Inyar" .... :P

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

hardcore RPG is grind?)RPG means ROLE PLAYING GAME nothing more and nothing lessu can roleplay easy without grinding to high lvllol but without grinding u cant call someone noob ..if u r the highest lvl
    maybe this is true RPG defenition for many ppl)

What the hell are you talkign about? he said "Guild War is definitly an MMO with RPG elements. Like Diablo, no hardcore RPG player will say its 100% a RPG, it's an action game with rpg elements. Same thing for Guild War..."

He didnt say anything about it being a grind, and he he said hardcore RPG player as in people who ROLEPLAY, not people who have nothign better to do than play a game all day and get to the highest level then get divroced because theyre so addicted. And why do you keep brining up Saga of Ryzom?! No one even mentioned it but you keep acting they did.

then tell me what is hardcore RP game
    tell me a definition
    and how u do HARDCORE ROLEPLAYING?::::01::

tell me a definition

Pen and Paper RPGs are "harcore" if you will. And by roleplaying, it means you stay in character you dont act like some stupid moron in-game spamming about how much your stupid teenage angsty life sucks, or how 1337 you are. About 90% of all the free UO servers ive seen require Roleplaying all the time which means you act your part, if your a warrior you dont go running around saying "UBER BARBRAIN LOKING FOR GROOP SO I CN GET 2 NEXT LVL!!1". Why dont you think for yourself instead of posting stupid comments.

• EonNachtgotEonNachtgot Member Posts: 60

looks at orcc

..lol pretty much cool guy , you know..lol..hhahaha...is that the way they talk in mmorpgs? i dont like that ..." me iz cool cuz me hasnt any pickles anymore today.."  lol

"Neon Light" Eon Night

-----------------------------
    "Neon Light" Eon Night

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

Originally posted by Orcc
    tell me a definition

Pen and Paper RPGs are "harcore" if you will. And by roleplaying, it means you stay in character you dont act like some stupid moron in-game spamming about how much your stupid teenage angsty life sucks, or how 1337 you are. About 90% of all the free UO servers ive seen require Roleplaying all the time which means you act your part, if your a warrior you dont go running around saying "UBER BRABRINA LOKING FOR GROOP SO I CN GET 2 NEXT LVL!!1". Why dont you think for yourself instead of posting stupid comments.

i mean about current online MMORPG
    what i see for most ppl HARDCORE ROLEPLAYING is PHAT LEWT ..and be TEH 1337 with highest lvl and the best gear
    but..."And by roleplaying, it means you stay in character you dont act like some stupid moron in-game spamming about how much your stupid teenage angsty life sucks, or how 1337 you are....."

sounds like q3 roleplaying lol if u r in clan and play on not public servers

btw its not a definition of a RP in games
    in q3 if u defend the flag ...u dont try to capture the enemy flag or u stay in the middle field..and dont play rambo)
    its kinda RP like u described .."which means you act your part, if your a warrior you dont go running around saying ..."
    so quake 3 is hardcore role play game?

• InyarInyar Member Posts: 157
    LOL

-------------
    Anti-Crock

• EonNachtgotEonNachtgot Member Posts: 60

crock , let  an old pal express his opinion  .

About the definition of "Role game" has ben discussed for tens of years , you see. Because in practice every game is a Role game... But anyway. Thats the name those sort of games have .

In quake surely you have a role , i guess,  but its different from that of a roleplay game . Where you have to talk "in character"

If im from " vzasatala" or any other world ..surely i dont know nothing about bush, and if i have a tail and fell and spicey ears , most probably i  dont know nothin about pickles...

..oh being back in the rp world is so fun

"Neon Light" Eon Night

-----------------------------
    "Neon Light" Eon Night

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

lol... Crock i tihnk i get a little stupider each time i read one of yor posts ::::15::

• rohbshoprohbshop Member Posts: 308

There should be a 'fanboy' test for every game.  Where everyone takes a quiz that asks critical and flattering questions with obviously easy common sense answers that apply to the game, to distinguish a fanboy from someone whos objective or seeing the obvious.  I swear thats the biggest problem in terms of sifting through all the advice/reccomendations for games these days, since fanboys will glorify a game and never admit a weakness, which misleads others that are looking for advice and arent really bias either way.  I posted a question in the SWG forum the other day trying to avoid fanboy opinions by asking for advice from those that were critical of its issues, since their alot more trustworthy than those that tend to glorify everything about a game.  Its a shame that people cant be objective about their favorite game :p

Anyhow, i see some really retarded arguments here mainly coming from the 'fanboys' of Guildwars that obviously cant see straight.  I'm not a hater or never was one originally.  When i downloaded the client i had a very open mind to the game, in fact i was REALLY looking forward to playing it due to all the hype i heard about it from some people who played it at E3.  And after 2 nights of playing it w/ 2 different combo classes, i was bored to death.  Ok, so my preference on boring games or good games might be different from others, but it is kinda reassuring to know that the games i generally like also tend to do well with the masses.  There will always be someone out there that likes a boring or bad game, no matter how bad it is, i learned that lesson from the Hz's fanboys that couldnt admit to any of its faults and constantly made excuses for it. 

I agree its not a true mmorpg.  mmorpg implies 'massive multiplayer', and yet you dont see tons of other people doing their thing like in other true mmorpg's(EQ, AC, DAOC, UO, etc, etc).  How anyone can argue that beats me, but its just a obvoius fact.  I said before in another thread its like pplaying on a LAN, and i agree with those saying it here.  IT is what it is, maybe some people like it, but to call it 'massive multiplayer' is misleading to say the least.  And why do you people have to mislead everyone into thinking its 'massive multiplayer' when it isnt?

Which brings me to the really assanine exxagerations given to try and disprove Guildwars similarities to D2.  Warhammer is nothing like Warcraft3, at least not nearly in the same way Guildwars is similar to the Diablos.  Again, this is common sense to anyone thats played all of them.  And you even have the other people sticking up for Guildwars saying its made by the same ones that did Diablo which contradicts the idea that their so different.  I dont know how anyone can argue differently, and imo those trying to argue and glorify it as so different than Diablo must either be fanboys or blind to the obvious.  There are SO many aspects of Guildwars that is very similar to Diablo, from the henchmen to the spells.  From little things like how gold drops as mentioned earlier to the forced pathing.  Admit the obvious already, its one thing to be a fan of a game and its another to be a fanboy that cant take criticism of their favorite game :p

Every game i've been a fan of i can admit to its issues.  I only wish everyone else could do the same since no game is 100% perfect and it would make it a hell of alot easier taking peoples advice seriously.  The problem with so many game forums and getting advice are 'fanboys' of those games who wont tell you the truth, and try and glorify everything out to be the greatest.  Hell, i dont even understand why some wont admit its not a true mmorpg in the sense most gamers have become accustomed to, thats not even a knock on the game, but more how it is classified.  I mean so what if its not a true mmorpg?  Stop acting like its anything like EQ, AO, DAOC, etc. when you know it isnt.  There arent 2 ways to look at that period. 

This discussion has been closed.