Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which melee class has the best dps ?

Shiseiten83Shiseiten83 Member Posts: 29

Im downloading the trial client as i type, i have been always like to play melee class. Which melee class got the best dps in EQ2 ?

Games on my waiting list:
Guild War 2
Tera
Rift
Forsaken World

Comments

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Unless a lot has changed since i played last it would prob be Monk if good or Bruiser if evil..

But it comes into, What do you wanna do? Solo or group? I know for a fact bruiser is great DPS reguardless but i think the monk was a little better solo. If you want pure dps(and i think bruiser is still better) Zerker is prob it.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• Shiseiten83Shiseiten83 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by lionexx

Unless a lot has changed since i played last it would prob be Monk if good or Bruiser if evil..

But it comes into, What do you wanna do? Solo or group? I know for a fact bruiser is great DPS reguardless but i think the monk was a little better solo. If you want pure dps(and i think bruiser is still better) Zerker is prob it.

solo and group ? well of cos its group, pve raiding at endgame.

Guild War 2
    Tera
    Rift
    Forsaken World

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

I still say go Bruiser for the whole look appeal,They are sick, and to make it even better make it a froglok and go evil, My friend had one a froglok bruiser he raped.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

bruisers are nowhere near the top of the dps list nowdays.

Assasins are waaaaay up there, with rogues and rangers sharing the second plce of melee dps depending on skill/gear. 

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127

The best melee class lvl 80 is hard to say. I can tell u which 3 is the highest on Parses and overall parses. Ok Over all I would say a Swashbuckler, But this is on raids, where u get shit ton of debuffs on targets to rape. 2nd I would say assassins, they have The highest burst dps, and Bleed affects. Last would be Brigand, they Hit just as hard ans swashbucklers but have way more debuffs which drags their dps down in raids, But helps everyone. But solo I would say swash or Brigand.

• DosasDosas Member Posts: 104

Monks and bruisers are terrible dps compared to scouts like assassins, rangers and the rogues.

And berserkers are tanks, not dps.

is Swashbuckler the closest class to Swordsman ?

Guild War 2
    Tera
    Rift
    Forsaken World

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by Shiseiten83

is Swashbuckler the closest class to Swordsman ?

What do you mean "swordsman"?  They are a dual wield scout class....the "pirate" of the scouts.  They can use a single sword or dagger...but your dps will go down.  They can not use 2h swords

And I would agree that the scouts are top melee damage....gear does play a role in this of course, but if you were to compare equally geard players....it would be the scout on top.  I have an 80 fabled gear swash that comes out on top of the parse very often.

Swordsman hat means wield 1hand or 2hand swords only,

Guild War 2
    Tera
    Rift
    Forsaken World

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

How good is a Beserker?

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

The best melee dps are assassins.  Swashbucklers can't compete with assassins. 

---
    Ethion

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by ethion

Equally geared...yes, the assassin would come out on top....but dont say they "cant" compete with assassins.  I have both a lvl 80 swash and assassin....and my swash can give give the raids assassin a run for its money.  Even out parse the assassin every now and then. 

• DosasDosas Member Posts: 104

Ok I am going to post this again to enlighten some people.

The game has 12 archetypes and 24 classes falling into 4 categories.

The fighters (like the monk or the berserker or the shadowknight) TANK.

The scouts do physical dps.

The mages do magical dps.

The healers heal the groups.

You have a great variety of options on how you manage your playstyle through the alternate advancement system but if you roll a fighter, even a high dps fighter like the berserker, you WILL NOT be invited to do anything else but TANK in groups. This is not wow where you have healers or tank filling dps slots in raids and groups.

If you roll a healer you will heal and if your roll a tank you will tank.

If you want to dps, you need to roll a scout or a mage.

Remember that most raids (x2 or x4) need 2 tanks, maybe 3, AT MAXIMUM. So if you roll a zerker to do 'endgame dps lol' you will be severely dissapointed by the fact that no one will group with you.

• Ek@nEk@n Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by Shiseiten83

Im downloading the trial client as i type, i have been always like to play melee class. Which melee class got the best dps in EQ2 ?

Assassin. But swashbuckler got kinda solid dps aswell....when it comes to aoe dmg for sure.

• Ek@nEk@n Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by Mannish

How good is a Beserker?

In DPS? compared to other dps classes not so good as the zerk is a tank. But for a tank good dps.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Ek@n

Originally posted by Mannish

How good is a Beserker?

In DPS? compared to other dps classes not so good as the zerk is a tank. But for a tank good dps.

My first toon was a Templar I got to about level 23. I am trying the Zerker now and I like it alot.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by stringboi

Originally posted by ethion

Equally geared...yes, the assassin would come out on top....but dont say they "cant" compete with assassins.  I have both a lvl 80 swash and assassin....and my swash can give give the raids assassin a run for its money.  Even out parse the assassin every now and then. 

My main is a swashbuckler and I raid with him all the time.  I can do pretty good dps getting upto 5-6kdps but the assassins in my guild who are geared at a similar level are doing 8-9kdps.  These are on sustained raid mob fights.  On group content assassins are more bursty and depending on the fight I can outdps them sometimes.  The difference is that the swashy has a lot of good debufs and a lot of good damage abilities.  An assassin has more high damage abilities so on a short fight an assassin can kick out some great damage but some of the damage abilities have a long cooldown.

Coercers, wizards, assassins in my guild on raids tend to lead the dps charts.  That is of course if they are trying :)

---
    Ethion

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

Assassin by far. if your guilds assassin is getting beat out by a Monk/Bruiser or any other melee class. get a better assassin.

/thread

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

for melee generally assasins are on top, but swashies are not abd too.  a good swashy that really knows his class can easily beat an unexperienced assasin, even with same quality equip.

the top swashy in our guild allways gave the top assasins a good fight in the dps parses.

anyway in a good raid you want both and also a brigand or 2.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

assasins are usually top but a ranger with mythical can outdps an assasin.the problem with rangers is they are soo sooo gear dependant that most do not know their dps potential

• XanrnXanrn Member Posts: 154

No an Assassin with his Mythical on a Single Target mob, will destroy anyone. Unless the player is an incompetent idiot.

This is not opinion this is gospel truth.

If you add mobs to the encounter after 3 mobs the Swashbuckler will out dps the Assassin.

Rangers cannot touch Assassin DPS  potential.

Assassins should out DPS any other Class on Single Targets, if they don't there is something wrong somewhere.

Swashbucklers need multiple mobs at once to out do Assassin dps.

Berzerkers are the top Tank Melee AoE DPS.

Monks/Bruisers will beat them by a fair amount on Single Target.