Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

veteran needs f2p mmo with pvp and graphics

galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

hey fans

i have played and enjoyed mmos since knight online release. right now i have half a year break from mmo and would love to come back. tried some websites and youtube to check some cool titles, but have not found decent game yet. maybe some of you can help me. you can see games i tried in the past. i will explain why i quit them so maybe you can better understand what kind of gamer i am and what game i seek

Archlord, Shayia, Rappelz, Knight online, Kal online, Last chaos - level grind

Guild wars - instancing/no pk

Shadowbane - graphics/content (empty world)

Age of Conan, Warhammer - no death penalty

Runes of Magic - item grind

There are 3 main factors important to me: acceptable grind, beautiful world and pk ability (i am not much of pker, but as former hardcore diablo2 player, i need some challenge and adrenaline)

I am only interested in f2p games because i have child now and will not play more than 2 hours a day (probably less) and spending 15$ is too much, i have whole big pack of pampers for this.

Shaiya had acceptable grind but after perma death of my character, i am not eager to go this loong way again. Also, since i will not log for long time, i cannot raid (i hate raids anyway). i need game where i have even small chance to obtain best (or close to best) gear solo

please help, mmos are like drugs and i wanna get high again

Playing: Rohan
Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

Comments

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774
    Originally posted by barasith

The Chronicles of Spellborn
    The Chronicles of Spellborn - PVP Gameplay

is this f2p?

• barasithbarasith Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by VultureSkull

Originally posted by barasith

The Chronicles of Spellborn
    The Chronicles of Spellborn - PVP Gameplay

is this f2p?

Yes. news is posted on the website about the games current state.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

S.U.N online, it has pk, good graphics for f2p, enjoyment combat, not to grindy. But personally i am waiting for allods.

• GothikaboyGothikaboy Member UncommonPosts: 119

Please do not hype any gam.. oh wait, nevermind... forgot what forum I was on.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

thanks for the replies.

spellborn looks promising. what about pk in the game? is there death penalty? is pk allowed in most parts or at least in most important zones?

Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

bump abouit tcos

plus, here is a quote about s.u.n.:

side from the lack of pvp features, S.U.N also suffers from a very bad pvp penalty which lasts over a day of game play. Such if you pk someone, you're orange for 1full day. Let alone red, which takes 2 or even more days. So if you intend to pk at the moment anyone, dont. It's not worth the very harsh penalty 

seems like retarded pvp like in Last Chaos

maybe perfect world?

• Sptn117Sptn117 Member Posts: 20

I currently play Spellborn. great game, yes there is a death penalty, you loose one pep level when you die. The pep level is a level from 0 - 5 which increases damage, movement speed, and attack speed. 10%, 10%, 5% every 2 levels respectively. you gain pep from mobs only, you don't loose pep in the PVP arena but out in the open you do if your killed by another player or mob. that is all that happens no items lost, no exp lost.

One other fact armour does not give you any extra defense, it allows for sigils which benefit the character, but other than that purely aesthetical.

About SUN, yeah webzen seem to do that whole criminal punishment. it was part of MU online as well. Seemed stupid to me, in discouraged PVP, as to no get the punishment you had to duel them, to much effort XD.

Played:runescape, WOW, Mu, Hellgate london, Floresia, Runes of magic, DDO, Rose online, Alantica, Flyff, Guild wars, Allods, Forsaken world,

playing: nothing

Loved: Guild wars series

future: GW2

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

I also play Spellborn. It's like one of the best MMOs I have played imo. It's better than WoW, LOTRO, WAR and millions of others. It's only bad side is its not so popular. You should really give it a try. Graphics are awesome and so is the skill system. I have never been fan of the asian grinders. Every of them looks same by graphics and UI, movement is almost alway same and not so smooth, also the story is always based in asia. But TCoS is f2p MMO that reminds me more of fable than any asian grinder. Also unlike other MMOs  you can IN SOME QUESTS decide between 2 or 3 thing what you say to quest npc. That will make the quest and possibly the reward different.

• OkitanaOkitana Member UncommonPosts: 18

Woo my first post!

I have a question about spellborn's current f2p status i guess i will ask it here.. how f2p is it?

i am downloading it right now and heaps looking forward to getting to play it (thanks for the tip btw)

but i cant really find any straight up and down how free it is atm... sounds stingey i know.. but for the sake of my internet cap i dont wanna log in and find out its really crap

thanks in advance!

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by Okitana

Woo my first post!

I have a question about spellborn's current f2p status i guess i will ask it here.. how f2p is it?

i am downloading it right now and heaps looking forward to getting to play it (thanks for the tip btw)

but i cant really find any straight up and down how free it is atm... sounds stingey i know.. but for the sake of my internet cap i dont wanna log in and find out its really crap

thanks in advance!

Well, it's 100% free atm. No item shop, no limited content. Nothing.. it will get some microtranscations in 2010 tho..

• OkitanaOkitana Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by Jazqa 

Well, it's 100% free atm. No item shop, no limited content. Nothing.. it will get some microtranscations in 2010 tho..

Thanks mate! Thats aweome :) 

unfortunately, death penalty does not seem to hurt in tcos. looks like i need to wait for shaiya2

or anybody can convince me?

and still, what about perfect world?