Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW: (Ko)ToR, and some STO... opinions please!

So i recently got SW:KOTOR 2. i'm a fan of RPGs and MMO's, on the RPG part, SW:KOTOR2 blew me away, they know how to make RPG's, its a wonderfull game, nice dialogues, deep story,  weird-but-cool combat, and so on. If bioware/lucasarts were to create a real MMO title to SW:TOR, how could it possibly fail?   i got my thumbs up for  SW:TOR!,

now on to the STO part, many people think SW:TOR will compete with STO, but i do not think this is the case. the footage we've seen of STO mostly is space-combat, (and a TINY fragment of avatarcombat...).  the gameplay footage of STO has got more of a style like  JGE/EVE/black prophecy in my opinion, a real space game. their mechanics are centered arounds spaceships, at least they released most info about it....   

my conclusion is tho', if you   prefer RPG's(avatar combat, deep story) over spacebattles, SW:TOR is your game, if you prefer space games over RPG (ship combat, space centered) STO is your game, i leave the SW/ST fanbase aside, just looking at this from a gamers perspective...

what are your opinions?

regards,

vlad

Comments

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898
    Originally posted by vladakov

So i recently got SW:KOTOR 2. i'm a fan of RPGs and MMO's, on the RPG part, SW:KOTOR2 blew me away, they know how to make RPG's, its a wonderfull game, nice dialogues, deep story,  weird-but-cool combat, and so on. If bioware/lucasarts were to create a real MMO title to SW:TOR, how could it possibly fail?   i got my thumbs up for  SW:TOR!,
    now on to the STO part, many people think SW:TOR will compete with STO, but i do not think this is the case. the footage we've seen of STO mostly is space-combat, (and a TINY fragment of avatarcombat...).  the gameplay footage of STO has got more of a style like  JGE/EVE/black prophecy in my opinion, a real space game. their mechanics are centered arounds spaceships, at least they released most info about it....   
    my conclusion is tho', if you   prefer RPG's(avatar combat, deep story) over spacebattles, SW:TOR is your game, if you prefer space games over RPG (ship combat, space centered) STO is your game, i leave the SW/ST fanbase aside, just looking at this from a gamers perspective...
    what are your opinions?

regards,
    vlad

I agree that TOR and STO will be entirely different games, as for the reason you say. I liked KOTOR 2 as well, even tho some did not, I hear. I guess we all are excited about TOR by now. :)

• billynomatesbillynomates Member Posts: 163

what are your opinions?

regards,
    vlad

BioWare did not make KOTOR2? Take a guess on who did,actually look at the box.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

My opinion would be to post in the thread about this that already has 6 pages.

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

kotor 1 is good just like kotor 2, in my opinion at least.  kotor 1 is by  bioware/lucasarts  and yes i know kotor 2 isnt by bioware but by  obisdianentertainment/lucasarts.  lucasarts still has  a great deal in making the game sail. and if people don't have enough trust in bioware (cough) try upcoming game dragon age: origins... 

anyways im more intersted in your opinion about differences in the 2 games about RPG/space elements :))

Originally posted by mrroboto40

My opinion would be to post in the thread about this that already has 6 pages.

my post is not about  SW:TOR vs. STO, im not bashing/praising any game here, im just curious how people about what i THINK is going to be the game,   RPG / space centered etc. etc...

• billynomatesbillynomates Member Posts: 163

kotor 1 is good just like kotor 2, in my opinion at least.  kotor 1 is by  bioware/lucasarts  and yes i know kotor 2 isnt by bioware but by  obisdianentertainment/lucasarts.  lucasarts still has  a great deal in making the game sail. and if people don't have enough trust in bioware (cough) try upcoming game dragon age: origins... 
    anyways im more intersted in your opinion about differences in the 2 games about RPG/space elements :))

Ok, well just in case you didn't know..

As for SWTOR and STO..i would say one is for adults and the other seems like a kiddies kotor3 love feist.

• KarmaCry7KarmaCry7 Member Posts: 144

KotOR was far better than KotOR 2. If you haven't played the first one, I suggest getting it. KotOR 2 was ok but I was very disappointed by the game in many ways. You should also note that KotOR 2 wasn't produced by BioWare but by Obsedian (I believe that was the name of that company). There is a BIG difference in quality in design and story telling. Get the first game and you'll see what I'm getting at.

I have the right to like what I want!

Originally posted by billynomates

Ok, well just in case you didn't know..

As for SWTOR and STO..i would say one is for adults and the other seems like a kiddies kotor3 love feist.

i bet most kids run away if they had to start in kotor, please leave the thread fanboi

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

Originally posted by KarmaCry7
    KotOR was far better than KotOR 2. If you haven't played the first one, I suggest getting it. KotOR 2 was ok but I was very disappointed by the game in many ways. You should also note that KotOR 2 wasn't produced by BioWare but by Obsedian (I believe that was the name of that company). There is a BIG difference in quality in design and story telling. Get the first game and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Quoting this because I agree with everything said.

My only disappointment with KOTOR is that it loses some of it's magic after playing through it 9 times. . .

Originally posted by throckmorton

Originally posted by KarmaCry7

Quoting this because I agree with everything said.

My only disappointment with KOTOR is that it loses some of it's magic after playing through it 9 times. . .

luckily, SW:TOR wil be a persistent online world :P