Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So when do you girls and guys think OB will start????

Im hoping for Monday Nov, 1st, but guessing more like Wed or Friday.

Then again...it could Nov 15th who knows

::::21:: ::::21:: ::::21:: ::::21:: ::::21:: ::::21:: ::::21:: ::::21:: ::::21::

It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous music!

It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous music!

Comments

• DryzeDryze Member Posts: 34
    Im hoping for the open beta to start around November 1st to 6th, but whats another week after all these months, even years, of waiting? If they need that extra week for the game to run smoothly and efficiently, then its worth the extra week for sure.

• forestdutchforestdutch Member Posts: 175

They surtenly need that week still some nasty bugs in wow i was usesing the air travel in orgrimmar and at start its stuck so i try fly off tower but im to high lvl so i dont die i had to relog to get of this damn bird hehe.

QUEST that not work good mobs in walls pillars or ground attack you hehe, but you dont see them. Lift in freewind, left one you fall through and die, then server crash many times even at end, im talking about pvp server here.

And some areas need a look at like im grom gol where in area you have some chess boards coming out of ground hehe blocks.

Or graveyards we need more or fix problem with when you die, computer put you in graveyard thats further away then nearest,example shimmering flats near edge a graveyard you die on other side you suppose to come there, but many times computer put you in graveyard great lift lol.

We need more travel points like when you go to feralas to camp there only way to get there is through thunderbluff while freewind is not far from there.

But WoW is great game i love it,  ive enjoy it to the full even with those bugs but thats beta to solve it so hope those bugs still in there solved when retail.

So CB over stress soon go test GW hehe cya in retail all if whipe CB for stress test ill wait untill retail not gonne start all over for maybe 2 weeks with new character hehe.

End close beta on pvp server was great btw we had BIG RAIDS hehe horde mostly won :P

And in orgimmar in valley of strenght big gathering last hour with lot of fireworks fun fun fun fun!!!!!

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    So why are you guys hoping that it would come out November 6 anyways? Whatever makes you think that? Is that how most open betas are? Do they have open betas after one week that the closed beta finishes? THanks folks.

• RuklandRukland Member Posts: 30

My feelings on an open beta are kinda varied.

On one hand I really want it so I can duo with my wife and I want it to be long enough that she is able to find out what class she wants to be come retail.

On the other hand I don't think OB will last as long as some people would like. I see open beta being nothing more then a big PR hype session. The upcoming Stress Test lends its self more to being the last time they really test anything. And really all they will be testing is how stable the servers are after all the work they are doing on them right now.

I know for a fact that when the Closed beta people get back on there will be a new patch waiting. Which has most of the things people have said will be missing. Will this be the last patch before retail? Doubt it, at least if it were my choice I would push a patch during the stress to see how there whole update process really works with that many people.

So really I think Open could be anytime after the 9th. That is if they put the Stress servers up monday and give it a week. Other wise anyones guess is as good as mine.

I just hope the stress comes soon, I am starting to really miss playing that game :)

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

I give up on trying to know what Blizzard is doing..image

Going to be playing Gothic 1 and 2 next week...So that will keep me busy till there ready. image

Tom

• BrambeyBrambey Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by forestdutch
    They surtenly need that week still some nasty bugs in wow i was usesing the air travel in orgrimmar and at start its stuck so i try fly off tower but im to high lvl so i dont die i had to relog to get of this damn bird hehe.
    QUEST that not work good mobs in walls pillars or ground attack you hehe, but you dont see them. Lift in freewind, left one you fall through and die, then server crash many times even at end, im talking about pvp server here.
    And some areas need a look at like im grom gol where in area you have some chess boards coming out of ground hehe blocks.
    Or graveyards we need more or fix problem with when you die, computer put you in graveyard thats further away then nearest,example shimmering flats near edge a graveyard you die on other side you suppose to come there, but many times computer put you in graveyard great lift lol.
    We need more travel points like when you go to feralas to camp there only way to get there is through thunderbluff while freewind is not far from there.
    But WoW is great game i love it, ive enjoy it to the full even with those bugs but thats beta to solve it so hope those bugs still in there solved when retail.
    So CB over stress soon go test GW hehe cya in retail all if whipe CB for stress test ill wait untill retail not gonne start all over for maybe 2 weeks with new character hehe.
    End close beta on pvp server was great btw we had BIG RAIDS hehe horde mostly won :P
    And in orgimmar in valley of strenght big gathering last hour with lot of fireworks fun fun fun fun!!!!!

My god man! Your destroying the english language, please... stop this insanity.

Also your a crackhead man, the problems arent that serious- most of us played in the first ST and it was plenty fun and minimally bugged even then. Retail MMO's have bugs too, you know. Look at FFXI- they have the same bugged creatures that dodge every attack. Sometimes stuff spawns in a tree, big deal... learn to use your brain and you will figure out that the critter is in the tree... these are not major problems. As to the server crashes, I dont know much about it since I'm not in the CB... but this is going to be a stress test. Meaning more stress on the servers and hopefully even more crashes which will give Blizz the info they need to fix the stability issues. SO, the sooner the ST starts, the sooner the server stability issues will be fixed.

Theres no reason to delay the OB any more than it already has been.

... and for gods sake learn to speak english properly.

• BrambeyBrambey Member Posts: 132

Also, I'm thinking that when they say the next "stress test" they mean open beta. Because whats gonna stress the servers more than letting everyone and their uncle play the game? But on the other hand they may not want to let EVERYONE in until they have most of the stability issues fixed, because Open betas are pretty much just big publicity stunts anyways.

And it'll put WoW's release out before EQ2's. :-).

You can expect the OPEN beta to be out before the 8th, as to beat EQ2. Thats if this so-called "Stress Test" isnt just another name for OB anyways. ST I would say will start wednesday, if not sooner.

Ok about the bugs I have to agree they are no big deal. I started my time in beta in the first push after the ST. So ST was my first time in game as well and really compared to some games that you can spend money on right now WoW is amazing when it comes to bugs.

Doh I think we got Off topic here.. tee hee bored WoW player with no beta boards to rant on so here I am :)

• BlacktempBlacktemp Member Posts: 1

Dident blizzrd say something about an open beta almost 3 weeks ago and now there talking about another stress testimage.

Plus it makes ya wonder if there a lil scared of EQ2 to push back the release date to the 22nd. I like WOW i just want a chance to get to keep a guy i play as.image  

• sirmorphicsirmorphic Member Posts: 29

I concur completely Bramby.  When I stress test WOW, I found it to be an overwhelmingly enjoyable experience.  It led me to assume it was ready for retail that evening.  Infact, I found it to be in better shape than many of the current online multiplayer games.  MY two cents on it :0

Sirmo

Originally posted by Blacktemp

Dident blizzrd say something about an open beta almost 3 weeks ago and now there talking about another stress testimage.
    Plus it makes ya wonder if there a lil scared of EQ2 to push back the release date to the 22nd. I like WOW i just want a chance to get to keep a guy i play as.image  

Scared of EQ2?? Never think of it this way EQ2 launches at the same time people are able to play WoW for free due to a ST or OB. If you were still trying to figure out which one to play how hard would it be to choose when you can play one for free or spend money....

Plus think of it this way an open beta around the EQ2 launch date hits SOE right where it hurts the most.. there pocket books :)

• RealmreaverRealmreaver Member Posts: 380

Originally posted by Blacktemp

Why should you keep something you KNEW you were going to lose?

You won't keep it.

"love how they make an announcement saying open beta will be coming soon, then turn around and say it won't be here for a while.. its like poetry, only it sucks.. " -About Blizzard and their concept of 'soon'

Realmreaver formally of EQ, SWG, FFXI and WoW.

Malis/Pirotess of PSO.

Some named of Diablo 1 and 2 =)

Grendel Kinguard of GW.

• AdoraAdora Member Posts: 320
    I am guessing Nov 7th or 8th. That is, if the Nov 22nd release is correct. It will than allow Open Beta to be open for 2 weeks. Also opening it when EQ2 launch's, they may pull in a few EQ2 fans as well, or for those who will purchase whichever game comes out first, will be able to play WoW free for 2 weeks than buy retail. Again, just my opinion.image

• RogueSilenceRogueSilence Member Posts: 40

My guess is Nov. 1st. Just because then well have a good 3 weeks of open beta and then all the characters we play with should be high level and then they will NOT wipe out are beta accounts and then everyone will be happy and dand in retail and all their high level pvp ace kicking chracters.

• CIM_LWCIM_LW Member Posts: 282
    Hopefully it'll start the week of the 8th. Blizzard hasn't even opened up signups, so I doubt it'll be next week -- at least not the beginning half of it.

• SlazerSlazer Member Posts: 251

I have pretty much just said "To hell with it, it will start when it starts. No point in wasting my time wondering when it will come out."

If more people thought that way, threads like these wouldnt run rampant over these forums.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When life hands you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons!

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

Guessing Anytime after Nov 1-3rd doesnt make sense.

Why end closed beta, if you didn't plan to start a new phase?
    Most open betas last 2 weeks, some much longer. I wouldnt be surprised if OB lasted 2 weeks, and shipped at the end of those two weeks.

They plan on hosting a new client, and wanted to make the client avalible to CB testers early, but COULDNT because the webserver upgrades. That means they planned on giving the CB the client befor MONDAY. Which means to me, they will offer everyone the client Monday. The servers are being upgraded to handle the load. They've already stated that CB won't be getting it earlier then everyone due to the maintence.

Ok, so NOW everyone has the client on monday, WHY wait weeks to start? So that people can get Emulation Servers up, and running?? I think not.

I would be SHOCKED if it didn't start Monday,
    Unless server upgrades didn't go as planned, I'll be playing again Monday night.
    Count on it.

• JhakhmJhakhm Member UncommonPosts: 114

I'm praying you're right. I'll be there, with bells on. Or.. Err... what do orc warriors wear? Hm. Axes. I'll be there with axes on. Yes.

1337est of teh 1337,
    -Jhak

• SarinXSarinX Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by Brambey

Originally posted by forestdutch
    They surtenly need that week still some nasty bugs in wow i was usesing the air travel in orgrimmar and at start its stuck so i try fly off tower but im to high lvl so i dont die i had to relog to get of this damn bird hehe.
    QUEST that not work good mobs in walls pillars or ground attack you hehe, but you dont see them. Lift in freewind, left one you fall through and die, then server crash many times even at end, im talking about pvp server here.
    Or graveyards we need more or fix problem with when you die, computer put you in graveyard thats further away then nearest,example shimmering flats near edge a graveyard you die on other side you suppose to come there, but many times computer put you in graveyard great lift lol.
    But WoW is great game i love it, ive enjoy it to the full even with those bugs but thats beta to solve it so hope those bugs still in there solved when retail.

My god man! Your destroying the english language, please... stop this insanity.

Also your a crackhead man, the problems arent that serious- most of us played in the first ST and it was plenty fun and minimally bugged even then. Retail MMO's have bugs too, you know. Look at FFXI- they have the same bugged creatures that dodge every attack. Sometimes stuff spawns in a tree, big deal... learn to use your brain and you will figure out that the critter is in the tree... these are not major problems. As to the server crashes, I dont know much about it since I'm not in the CB... but this is going to be a stress test. Meaning more stress on the servers and hopefully even more crashes which will give Blizz the info they need to fix the stability issues. SO, the sooner the ST starts, the sooner the server stability issues will be fixed.

Theres no reason to delay the OB any more than it already has been.

... and for gods sake learn to speak english properly.

Wow, what a inconsiderate person you are. Its obvious english is not his primary language. How many languages do you speak Mr. Almighty Brambey? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say even if you can speak a second language you would not speak it fluent in terms of people who speak it as a primary language.

Moving onto when OB happens, who knows, its Blizzard. If I were to guess ST is the first step of a transition into OB, meaning to curtail flooded DL methods they are planning on starting this whole process in small increments. Starting with closed testers, previous ST, and finally the rest.. just a guess, but it has proven to be a lost cause to try and predict what Blizzard will ever do.

• CIM_LWCIM_LW Member Posts: 282
    I love when ppl. who can't speak (well, type in this case) proper English make fun of others who can't/don't do the same.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

When will OB start?

I think soon.

Although maybe not for a while.

Just my opinion though.

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188

hi, i think it should be soon as open beta is really another way of saying stress test.
    but i do know i can wait for WOW to come out in more or less finished form rather then needing constant bug patch updates and server shut downs to fix something in first few months of retail. would rather have a good game rather then another, SWG, Horizons, Lineage 2.

• anhdracanhdrac Member Posts: 27
    I hope it's Nov 1st as well, two of my friends were in closed beta and they believe it might also be Nov 1st.

• agentcipheragentcipher Member Posts: 223

I'd go with monday/tuesday. Notice that they said 'have a nice weekend' and the forums would be back up on monday?

considering the world servers and the forum servers went down at the same time... *connects dots*

Whether or not they let you connect to the servers on monday / tuesday however, I can't tell you. I just get the feeling that we'll be playing again (for those in closed / stress beta) really soon.

---------------------------

---------------------------

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

• EbrisEbris Member Posts: 4

I'm thinking it will start sometime this week (monday or tuesday). I was hoping they would let us dl the client for the game before they let us play, like in ST1. You know, so they dont flood the dl servers.