Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question: How do we wield two blades as a Blademaster?

Hi there,

I'm a Level 9 Blademaster after 6 hours of playing.  While reading daoc.stratics.com, in the class section for Blademasters, it came to my surprise that they wrote:

"They have sacrificed heavier armors for the ability to wield two weapons at once"

and

"and their dual-wielding strength lies in their training in Celtic Dual."

I tried equipping a two Broad Swords, one in each hand, it never worked.  I tried a Broad Sword with a Dagger, that didn't work either.  And when I look at the Celtic Dual skills list, nothing mentions the ability to wield two swords at once.

How do I do this???  I looked everywhere on the net, plus I read the Manual and Newbie Guide that came in the box, nothing... only Stratics seem to talk about Dual Wielding.

____ _ ____________ _ ____

*** BOYCOTT BEGGARS ***
Don't tip newbies when they ask for money! They are veteran players trying to get easy money for their newly created characters. Please support the BOYCOTT BEGGARS ASSOCIATION by donating some money or free rare loots. Thank you for your support.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

Comments

• FreelanceFreelance Member Posts: 83
    The problem is that you are trying to use a braod sword.  This weapon is a two handed large weapon.  You will need to find two regular swords and at least one that stats that it can be equiped in the left hand.  When you right click on it ,  on the very bottom of the discription it tells you something like "can be equipt in left hand".  But right now you need to drop that broad sword if it is a two hander.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Ooh, so that's how it works.

Like maybe a Short sword of some sort, right?

But does raising the Celtic Dual skills matter at all?  Because I've started raising my Shield skills instead since they seemed better.

*** BOYCOTT BEGGARS ***
    Don't tip newbies when they ask for money! They are veteran players trying to get easy money for their newly created characters. Please support the BOYCOTT BEGGARS ASSOCIATION by donating some money or free rare loots. Thank you for your support.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• FreelanceFreelance Member Posts: 83

well it depends how you want to go.  I can tell you this.  I dont see to many sheild using Blademasters.  I for one have never made one.  But dont worry you can respec him at your  trainer at level 20.  I think all you have to do is type /respec at trainer at level 20.  Not real sure if that is the correct command or not.  

Also you might want to look at this character builder.  You  can also look at public characters and get a idea how some other people speced thiers also.  Kind of helps you out if you arent really sure on how to go

http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cfm

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

I've never played a dual-wielder to any high level, but the way I understand it is that you always have a chance to hit with the left hand, and increasing dual wield (or celtic dual) gives you a greater chance to hit with the left hand. 

The general thinking is that if you can dual wield, you should dual wield for best damage and offense, but some advise not to worry about putting points into dual wield. 

You also want to make sure both weapons have a close to equivalent delay for best results. 

There may be different specs depending on whether you're more interested in PvE or RvR, so read up on your class when you can.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I will have to do more tests, but it almost feels what if I'm wielding a Sword + Shield, I will deal as much damage and block as much damage as if I were holding a Sword + Sword?

Anyways, since I'm blocking as much without a shield, I'm always hunting with a Sword.  But I would like to know how it works.

Does it increase the speed of my weapons?  Or do I hit with with Right Handed, then on my next turn I hit with my Left?  Or it's like one of you wrote, I always hit with my Right Hand, but my Left Handed sword will hit once in awhile as if it were a bonus?

Because if it's 1 hand per turn.  I'll hit with my Right Hand (Which is some powerful sword I got from the Cyllana's Cure Quest) but my Left Hand is holding a Ferrite Short Sword which isn't powerful, but is very fast.

*** BOYCOTT BEGGARS ***

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

Both weapons have a chance to hit in a round, using a dual style or not.  Training in dual will increase the chance of the left hit, just like training in shield will increase your chance to block.

I'm not a numbers person, so I can't give you formulas and figures - you'll have to look elsewhere for that.  The analyses are out there along with all the pros and cons of training dual or shield.  I wish I could point you to some of them but as I don't have a serious dual wielder, I do not remember where I've seen such discussions.  Try camelotvault.ign.com under the class discussions.  Also look through class guides for dual wielders in each realm.  You'll find the information sooner or later :)

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

My infiltrator could dual wield but if i remember right, i had minimal spec points in DW. Remember that how much strength you have affects damage for slash and again, if i remember rightly it's your dex that plays a big part in thrust.

If your character is predominately a dual wield character i can't see why you would spec in shield. Dual wield characters have bonuses linked to the defences should they evade incoming hits. Realm skills like augmented dex and dodger will help your character avoid hits.

I'm assuming a blademaster is the equivalent to a ALB mercenary

Let me know if i'm wrong as it was a long time ago i played daoc :(

Pan

Pan