Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gunfights = dumb, let all ranged use the cover system

What the title says. The gunfights look really dumb when the guy is just standing there like a dolt getting shot at. The smuggler looks cool when hiding behind stuff and firing, like Gears of War. All the range classes should have that so they don't look like stupid suicidal goofs with no combat awareness.

Comments

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by RendRegen

What the title says. The gunfights look really dumb when the guy is just standing there like a dolt getting shot at. The smuggler looks cool when hiding behind stuff and firing, like Gears of War. All the range classes should have that so they don't look like stupid suicidal goofs with no combat awareness.

The NPCs already use cover, so that should inject some interest in gameplay. If the game really is twitch based, In PvP I see people using environment to LoS the enemy. if there is modifications for ranged weapons/classes then kiting ranged classes as a ranged class should take care of the "standing around like a dolt" problem. Giving all ranged classes cover would make the game dull, imo. I would rather one class have the cover system or one class on each side.

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

I was thinking the same thing at first OP, but I realize now that later on in the game I'm sure standing out in the open will be a quick death for you.  I'd wait and see how it plays out in Beta.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by greed0104

Originally posted by RendRegen

The NPCs already use cover, so that should inject some interest in gameplay. If the game really is twitch based, In PvP I see people using environment to LoS the enemy. if there is modifications for ranged weapons/classes then kiting ranged classes as a ranged class should take care of the "standing around like a dolt" problem. Giving all ranged classes cover would make the game dull, imo. I would rather one class have the cover system or one class on each side.

Also, I'll tack on that there is NO auto-attack in this game.

Not to mention that that is the special thing about being a smuggler. These special things bring appeal to classes other than just Jedi/Sith, although I'm interested to hear how cover works against melee, i.,e, do they run through the objects? or do they have to run around, can NPCs jump?

Trooper has heavy weapons and probably some more tactics up their sleeves, so gunfights won't last long enough for you to need cover in your heavy armor with your rocket launcher.