Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mayan didn't say the world ends in 2012

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

SIght...

Just finished the Initiation test and hell when will people stop repeating this stupid false info.

Once for all, the Mayan never ever predicted the world will end in on 21/12/2012. Consider this date more like a change in the civilization and even changes that could bring a new era, a better one for all the humanity.

Some people like to frighten others and even make $$$ doing so. Even look below for more accurate info.

Main video

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Comments

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Deewe

Once for all, the Mayan never ever predicted the world will end in on 21/12/2012. Consider this date more like a change in the civilization and even changes that could bring a new era, a better one for all the humanity.

The world doesn't end, but humanity almost does until that hot scientist chick teams up with the remaining Predator to kill the Alien Queen.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Oh okay... well thank you for getting the "facts" straight.  I was honestly worried since I hadn't consulted my Mayan calendar lately, but if that is what is going to actually happen I'll just make sure to pack my swim shorts for the big day.

How dare people like Funcom go around misinforming us about this, I just hope they don't take similar liberties in their documentation of werewolves, zombies, and vampires because they could really start a panic among some people who don't know the real truth.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

The only thing that will end is Barack Obama's first term as president in 2012. Nothing else is going to happen haha

• KorhindiKorhindi Member CommonPosts: 395

Actually, the world ended in 1999; we just don't know it yet since we are still all in the Matrix.

2012 is the first scheduled Patch Day for the Matrix, and well, you all know how patch days go...

• fluffybunifluffybuni Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Korhindi

Actually, the world ended in 1999; we just don't know it yet since we are still all in the Matrix.
    2012 is the first scheduled Patch Day for the Matrix, and well, you all know how patch days go...

Haha

• BioNutBioNut Member Posts: 414

I swear if they nerf my penis size AGAIN they better give us free respecs because I will totally reroll female. My only worry are boobs because they seam a bit OP and might become the FOTM.

Anyone with boobs have this fear?

Playing: Tera, BF3, ME3

Waiting on: Guild Wars 2

• roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185

The date 12/21/2012 ushers in the end of one age of humanity and the beginning of the new age.

Word on the forums is that its the release date for the game, but im not so sure, i think it will be out sooner.

OP: which faction did you come out with?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by roaland

The date 12/21/2012 ushers in the end of one age of humanity and the beginning of the new age.
    Word on the forums is that its the release date for the game, but im not so sure, i think it will be out sooner.

Illuminati ;)

And I love people answers so far!

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by BioNut

I swear if they nerf my penis size AGAIN they better give us free respecs because I will totally reroll female. My only worry are boobs because they seam a bit OP and might become the FOTM.
    Anyone with boobs have this fear?

Don't bother rerolling. Just increase your eating habits and you can have both!

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

saying the mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012 is like saying allstate insurance predicts the end of the world dec31 2009 when their free calandar they gave me ends.

If they could predict the future they wouldnt have made a calandar that outlasted the civilization.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Originally posted by Murugan

Oh okay... well thank you for getting the "facts" straight.  I was honestly worried since I hadn't consulted my Mayan calendar lately, but if that is what is going to actually happen I'll just make sure to pack my swim shorts for the big day.

How dare people like Funcom go around misinforming us about this, I just hope they don't take similar liberties in their documentation of werewolves, zombies, and vampires because they could really start a panic among some people who don't know the real truth.

Haha :) that gave me a good chuckle +1

• wolfr3wolfr3 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Korhindi

LOL

• roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185

Originally posted by roaland

Illuminati ;)

And I love people answers so far!

Well then, Hello my brethren. Check out the forums on The Secret World, tons of great info and lore on there. But be warned! Do not fall for the falsehoods of the Dogmatic Templars, its better to let them dig their own graves....

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

saying the mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012 is like saying allstate insurance predicts the end of the world dec31 2009 when their free calandar they gave me ends.
    If they could predict the future they wouldnt have made a calandar that outlasted the civilization.

good point, roflmao.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

I knew this thread would deliver, thanks a lot for all answers and the good laugh I had too *cheers*

• TsnowTsnow Member Posts: 74

I don't know about the end of the world, or humanity for that fact, but I do know the Mayan's knew what they were talking about.

The date in question 12/21/12 will find our sun parrellel with the center of our galaxy. Many scientists have stated that the results could be as simple as Solar flares or as massive as a magnetic polar shift that will tear the contenents apart. 

Personaly I think our alien masters will return on that date and try and re-enslave hummanity. 

"One word, Thundercougarfalconbird."

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651
    Originally posted by Tsnow

I don't know about the end of the world, or humanity for that fact, but I do know the Mayan's knew what they were talking about.
    The date in question 12/21/12 will find our sun parrellel with the center of our galaxy. Many scientists have stated that the results could be as simple as Solar flares or as massive as a magnetic polar shift that will tear the contenents apart. 
    Personaly I think our alien masters will return on that date and try and re-enslave hummanity. 

Personally I think that the same thing is going to happen that has happened on every end of the world day so far - nothing, nada, zip.  But that is just my personal opinion, and if the world does end I will admit I was wrong... oh wait I'll be dead.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

SIght...

Just finished the Initiation test and hell when will people stop repeating this stupid false info.
    Some people like to frighten others and even make $$$ doing so. Even look below for more accurate info.

The Maya said the the current era will end 2012. Anybody who knows a bit about history knows that. And yes, their calenders did only count the current era. Not that it matters, if they really known the future their empire wouldn't have faded like it did due to civil wars.

But anyone who is stupid to believe some nut that said the world will go under a certain date deserves to lose some money.

Fact: Thousands of morons have said the world will go under at a certain date. So far have 100% of them been wrong. The year 999 was almost everybody in europe sure that the world would end.

That doesn't mean that it is great idea to pollute, but it means that it is a dumb idea to buy books about it.

To quote Penn and Teller (well Penn at least, Teller just nods): "The end of the world is Bullsh*t".

• TsujigiriTsujigiri Member Posts: 25

there´s very interesting conspiracy document on youtube called Esoteric Agenda, it´s almost 2 hours long and it covers this topic quite well, if you´re interested (it covers aslo millions of other crazy things)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Duh, the mayans based everything in their calender by astronomy. They just had the stupid idea that the position of the stars affect the life or regular people.

It is true however that a big solar storm might come 2012, like the one that killed the power in Quebeck in the 70s. If it hit as bad as the one in the 1880s we might have to live a few months without electricity, that would actually kill some people but going from that to the end of the world is a great step.

Some people have teories that a solar storm could destroy the life on earth but it havn't happened since life started on earth a looong time ago so the chanse for that is as close to zero as you can get.

The world will stay for a long time, everything dies sooner or later of course but it will be later.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by Loke666

It's sad, but I couldn't tell you were kidding until the last sentence. There really are crazies that are truly afraid of this stuff. Nonetheless, I feel compelled to state some facts. The sun won't be parallel with the center of the galaxy (that process takes millions of years anyway, and we can't tell exactly where we are in comparison) and such an alignment is like any other, it means nothing, nothing happens with alignments.

Duh, the mayans based everything in their calender by astronomy. They just had the stupid idea that the position of the stars affect the life or regular people.

It is true however that a big solar storm might come 2012, like the one that killed the power in Quebeck in the 70s. If it hit as bad as the one in the 1880s we might have to live a few months without electricity, that would actually kill some people but going from that to the end of the world is a great step.

Some people have teories that a solar storm could destroy the life on earth but it havn't happened since life started on earth a looong time ago so the chanse for that is as close to zero as you can get.

The world will stay for a long time, everything dies sooner or later of course but it will be later.

As for a solar storm, we've just now passed the solar minimum, and the cycle is 11 years long, we won't have reached the solar maximum by 2012. It is true that a solar storm could happen at any time though, and that they can disrupt modern power infrastructure and satellites. Even if such events occur, they have to pointed right at us though. Many just fly off into space. There is no way to predict that one would occur within a certain time period aimed at Earth.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I think a world is going to be destroyed in 2012. The Mayan clearly saw in there visions the WoW is going to die!

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667
    Originally posted by Harabeck

Originally posted by Loke666

It's sad, but I couldn't tell you were kidding until the last sentence. There really are crazies that are truly afraid of this stuff. Nonetheless, I feel compelled to state some facts. The sun won't be parallel with the center of the galaxy (that process takes millions of years anyway, and we can't tell exactly where we are in comparison) and such an alignment is like any other, it means nothing, nothing happens with alignments.
    This isn't entirely accurate, they do now know the relevance between our solar system and the center of our galaxy. It was recently discovered that at the center of every galaxy is a "super massive black hole" or SMBH. The SMBH pulls everything in the galaxy towards it slowly devouring everything over time. Since everything in this galaxy is pulled towards one single point in space, they now know the relevance of where we are to the SMBH at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. That being said, it has been scientifically stated that in the year 2012, our solar system will pass through the galactic equator, with untold or undetermined at this time results. Though most of the scientist do agree none of them will be good things. This was recently featured, say in the last 6 months on Discovery. I am not going to dig up an episode # or anything, if you are that interested I am sure you can find the airing yourself. However, the science behind this was sound, and it seems very plausible that when this phenomenon occurs in 2012, something not very good will happen for sure. It may just get hot outside, we might have some super quakes, we could have a polar shift, who the hells knows. Whatever it is, I guess we will see in 2 years.

As for a solar storm, we've just now passed the solar minimum, and the cycle is 11 years long, we won't have reached the solar maximum by 2012. It is true that a solar storm could happen at any time though, and that they can disrupt modern power infrastructure and satellites. Even if such events occur, they have to pointed right at us though. Many just fly off into space. There is no way to predict that one would occur within a certain time period aimed at Earth.

• InfalibleInfalible Member Posts: 204

NASA have already curtailed the prediction for when the solar storm will hit. According to them, they've now changed their mind and it WON'T hit in 2012 at all but will in fact hit in 2011 :-)

Another thing to note is that - for the most part - doom sayers are the ones perpetuating the notion that this Solar Storm could cause massive disruption. Nobody of any noteworthy status has gone so far as to say it will cause a massive polar shift that could disrupt our weather patterns and rip continents apart (as a mad person said in this thread earlier (and yes... you are mad)). In fact, most scientists are now in a position where they agree that this Solar Storm will be largely uneventful and result in limited disruption, potentially causing issues with wireless Internet, GPS, satellite communication and mobile phones. That's about it.

What baffles me about the madness surrounding the Mayans is as the OP said: they never predicted that the world would end in 2012. In fact, they predicted that it would be the start of a new age (in their calendar) and that it was a cause for celebration, much like we celebrated a new Millenium in 2000... with mad parties and lots of alcohol ;-) They didn't predict massive deaths or substantial population reductions. They didn't predict infinte suffering or the rise of one of numerous cabals to take control of our society under one New World Order. It is only recently that extreme conspiracy theorists - such as Mr Geoff "antisematism" Rense - have made a connection between such organisations and the date of 21/12/2012. They've made completely the wrong connection and it pisses off pretty much every Scholar of Mayan history and belief out there but they've made it none the less.

And that's the whole thing - the majority of these conspiracies that come out are total madness. They rely on an almost total suspension of rational thought in order for a lot of them to work, specifically the ones involving revelations to do with particular symbols and cults of Zionist bankers who are slowly taking over the world. It's like the plot of a bludy Indiana Jones movie... only they believe it's real. I'm not suggesting for one second that some of these theories are not real, or that the people they are launching these attacks at aren't deserving of them. I am saying that most of them are total madness and only serve to weaken arguments when things - such as the London Bombings, 9/11, swine flu vaccination, economic melt down , IG Farben etc - need debating.

There are elites. I used a plural. There are groups of powerful mean out there who control large portions of the financial and political influence in this World. However these men are not all part of the same fan club and they certainly aren't plotting together to take over the world. If there is any conspiracy going on, it's embroiled in a very secretive war between these men, who will all - ultimately - want to come out on top.

http://www.themmoquest.com - MMO commentary from an overly angry brit. OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by Infalible

NASA have already curtailed the prediction for when the solar storm will hit. According to them, they've now changed their mind and it WON'T hit in 2012 at all but will in fact hit in 2011 :-)

Source or gtfo.