Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New expansion for free

HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

So i just got a mail from Turbine that i as a multimonth subscriber will get the Mirkwood expansion for free. I also have a multimonth subscribsion for the EU servers, but alas no mail from codemasters. Wont the EU customers get the same service as the US customers?

PS. I also find the Codemaster billing, customer and forums service to be a lot less user friendly than the Turbine services. Isnt it time they streamline this?

Hauken Stormchaser
I want pre-CU back
Station.com : We got your game
Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Codemasters is not turbine. Two separate entities. EU is under Codemaster rule.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I think I remember seeing the same offer on the european lotro site, but not 100% sure on that though.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

No that offer is not for europeans. CM just offer SoM for 20 euro or the special edition for 27 euro.

http://www.lotro-europe.com/siege-of-mirkwood/preorder.php

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175

What about lifetimes subs? Still have to pay?

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I think its great that Turbine is offering it for free with a multi-month sub.  Great marketing on their part.  I'm thinking of coming back, just for that.  I also think lifetimers should get for free, heck, they are lifers.  =)

• SkarnSkarn Member CommonPosts: 16

That offer was what bought me back, although it will be a while before I get that far in the game..

• cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Spiritraiser

What about lifetimes subs? Still have to pay?

Yes, as a lifetime member you still have to pay.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by cgc737
    Originally posted by Spiritraiser What about lifetimes subs? Still have to pay?

Yes, as a lifetime member you still have to pay.

Which really isn't a bad deal. Play for the life of the game and only ever need to pay for the expansions.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Plus, if we [lifetimers] buy the Adventurer's Pack for those goodies (shared banking between characters, more character slots, et cetera), we do get the expansion for free. It pretty much breaks down so that nobody's going to get both things for free, but pretty much everybody inside Turbine's distribution area will have the option to get one of the two for free. The argument could be made that non-lifetimers have the better deal, since they won't need to spend anything at all if they don't want the Adventurer's Pack, but that pack has a lot of quality-of-life stuff in it that I'm pretty eager to get my hands on.

• hpistihpisti Member UncommonPosts: 78

Official reply from CM:

"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Lord of the Rings Online.

The EU version of the game does not include any promotions for lifetime subscribers or those using 3 or 6 month price plans.

All available offers for your subscription can be found in your COG account, https://cogaccounts.codemasters.com/ under "Upgrade Game"."

So much for offers and such... also, the US and EU prices are worth comparing...