Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 3 months of sitting on my purchase.

13»

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Polarisation

I'm not in the beta, so I have no clue of what I'm talking about and am just making speculations and trolling here.

Fixed for you.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• gnomad1gnomad1 Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I'm not in the beta, so I have no clue of what I'm talking about and am just making speculations and trolling here.

Fixed for you.

In the beta, and guess what your fix is totally wrong. Nice try fawnboi.

"If you were as smart as you think you are, you would realize that you are an idiot"

Originally posted by gnomad1

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Fixed for you.

In the beta, and guess what your fix is totally wrong. Nice try fawnboi.

Sure you are. And I am Bill Gates.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

I actually like MO better then DF.

Been in beta since block A.  I've spent more time in this beta then I have in any released MMO in the past couple years.

Darkfall and Mortal Online are completely dif. games.

There is no comparing the two.

I'd like to point out.

The guys who are blasting MO as being bad,

Are Darkfall fans. 

Stop worrying.

MO isn't going to kill your game.

It's not even going to compete for the same audience.

People that prefer Darkfall are going to play Darkfall for the style of game it is. 

It's like trying to compare Shadowbane to UO. 

Not the same kind of games, and as much as Darkfall fans want to deny it, Shadowbane is exactly the kind of game AV intended to make.

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

Quite a number of the negative posters here seem to have a fair amount of posts in the Darkfall forums.

The game is moving along fairly well from the patch notes, and the forums still seem just as active as ever.

You are looking at about 1500 different accounts checking the forums a day, and roughly 4500 active forum accounts since the beginning of the month. If even a quarter of that number posted, I'd have difficulty keeping up.

Is that a terribly huge number? No, I've seen bigger, but I'm still debating on whether or not I've seen better.

Once more, for those of you who are really interested and looking for information, ignore this post and continue on into the MO forums or another topic here.

• tensspottingtensspotting Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by Fariic

I actually like MO better then DF.

Been in beta since block A.  I've spent more time in this beta then I have in any released MMO in the past couple years.
    Darkfall and Mortal Online are completely dif. games.

There is no comparing the two.

I'd like to point out.

The guys who are blasting MO as being bad,

Are Darkfall fans. 
    Stop worrying.

MO isn't going to kill your game.

It's not even going to compete for the same audience.

People that prefer Darkfall are going to play Darkfall for the style of game it is. 
    It's like trying to compare Shadowbane to UO. 

Not the same kind of games, and as much as Darkfall fans want to deny it, Shadowbane is exactly the kind of game AV intended to make.

Not really.

The thing that ticks me off somewhat about MO is their fans stating unbelievable claims such as MO will be more of a sandbox than DF, and quite a few times reading that the community is sooo much better etc.

I read the patch notes and follow all the leaks and know from personal experience some people are just overhyping the game. The reason why the community is better is because its tight knit just like DF's was perhaps 3 years ago, before the imbeciles showed up. Once its released forget about it, same as DF

Regarding the stat loss with MO, thats not sandbox that's just an artificial barrier. I dont like being PKd but I think a real sandbox should not penalise anyone's actions like that, its a different playstile that should be allowed in a real sandbox. 

Originally posted by tensspotting

MO will be more of a sandbox than DF
     It already is.
    I read the patch notes and follow all the leaks and know from personal experience some people are just overhyping the game. The reason why the community is better is because its tight knit just like DF's was perhaps 3 years ago, before the imbeciles showed up. Once its released forget about it, same as DF
    So basically, you know nothing about the game.
    Regarding the stat loss with MO, thats not sandbox that's just an artificial barrier. I dont like being PKd but I think a real sandbox should not penalise anyone's actions like that, its a different playstile that should be allowed in a real sandbox. 
    A sandbox game favors all play styles, not only gankers and PKs. If you don't put limits, and make the life of an outlaw harsh and hard, the game will be filled with gankers just like the failure that is DF. The people who think sandbox = ganking noobs without restriction, without consequences, can stick to DF. It's the kind of population we don't want to see in MO anyway. We can live without the "zomg roflcopter pwned noob /spit /spit" type of kiddy console/FPS reject players.

Fact is Darkfall fanbois don't like what the see in the MO patch notes, because the MO devs are adding everything they promised, and also everything DF was supposed to contain and which was ditched under the cover of Tasos's lies. They already know MO is gonna be a more complete sandbox game catering to more than just facerolling PKs, and that makes them feel insecure about their own game.

MO crushes DF on many aspects already, crafting, mounts, taming, housing, reputation/alignment/pvp consequences, and each MO patch crushes it even more. Because unlike Tasos, the MO devs aren't just words and bragging on internet sites: they really put what they say into their game.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !