Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few last questions...

SwiftpainSwiftpain Member Posts: 35

SOOOO I just got the money to buy the game yay!

I would like to know some current basic info befor I click the buy button...

OK, so there are 3 types of weapons.... there a lot of skins for the weapons?

Every one gonna look the same end game like in wow? Or is there some customizing how your person looks, other than the basic face and body stuff?

How is the community doing?

You think this game will keep its population up?

I am a explorer... Is there bonus for exploring certain things?

Ok last part.... Class help....

Like I said I like to explore worlds. I would like to use pistols....

what are the pro/cons of pistols?

what is the best class for exploring and crafting?

and last.. lol

Is there a military discount?

Comments

• acoloradoacolorado Member Posts: 22

I'll give you what info I can bud. I'm about halfway to level cap.

- There are a ton of different weapons. There are 3 main schools melee, pistol, and rifle - but there are also subcategories. For example rifles also include shotguns which are high damage but short range, scoped sniper rifles which are high damage but slow firing, assault weapons which are fast firing. Lots of each type. The same is true for melee and pistols.

- It looks like there are several different ways you can go with armor at endgame, so I think there will be some good variety. Hard to say at this point as I haven't seen too many high level players. Those that I have seen look very cool.

- Community is great. One server so you get every kind of person :). Most people are very nice and helpful. A few are jerks. Such is life and MMO's.

- I think this game will really grow. The Devs are more responsive than pretty much any other game I've played. Very impressive. The game itself is awesome - and the plans for it's future are very interesting. Just check out the ratings and reviews around the web and here on this site.

- Exploring. There is a disturbing amount of gameworld to explore, and a lot more planned. You don't get xp for exploring, but i have found quite a few quests off the beaten path. Sometimes you just find really cool things - like a friend and I found a hospital full of zombies in the middle of nowhere. No quests but lots of resources so we explored it and had a blast.

- Pistols are pretty good, they are the balanced in between weapon. Rifles usually have long range but have a penalty against your melee defense. Melee is pretty much just up close. Pistols don't have huge range but no penalty either so you get a middle ground. You can dual wield handguns or use 2-handed submachine guns. Also sawed off shotguns.

- Crafting, crafting is pretty handy - you can make your own gear which is nice, but you sacrifice some combat ability for the ability to craft if you decide to level it up past the base. You can go full combat and still craft quite a bit from just the base stats you have on every character. For example I am full combat but can still craft my own ammo which saves money. On the downside there is a lot of gear i have to buy instead of making it myself.

- No military discount that I know of. But there are at least 3 military clans that i have seen ingame.

Hope to see you in soon. It's a blast!

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by Swiftpain

OK, so there are 3 types of weapons.... there a lot of skins for the weapons?
    Well yes and no. There are three weapon types. There are everything from assault rifles to crossbows to zipguns to pistols to shotguns etc etc under those types. So yes, there are a fair amount of skins. 
    Every one gonna look the same end game like in wow? Or is there some customizing how your person looks, other than the basic face and body stuff?
    I haven't been playing a ton, but there seems to be quite a bit of variablity in the armor. I can't really say I've seen anyone wearing the same outfit so far. You can also dye any of your armor with a number of dye colors which helps. Can't really say with confidence on this one but I don't think you'll be dealing with a "gear set" situation.
    How is the community doing?
    Pretty well. Occasional troll pops up, but the GMs are active and smack them down rather quickly. From what I've seen, a few problem children but otherwise people are pretty cool.
    You think this game will keep its population up?
    Questionable. It's different, and it doesn't do a ton of hand holding. I expect a lot of people to give it a pass for one reason or another. You really need to give it two or three days to really get a feel of if its right for you or not which most people won't bother to do. That being said, there seems to be a fairly steady flow of people into the game at the moment. 
    I am a explorer... Is there bonus for exploring certain things?
    Resources, cool areas, etc. The game world is huge and there's at least something to find no matter what direction you go wondering in. 
    Ok last part.... Class help....
    Like I said I like to explore worlds. I would like to use pistols....
    what are the pro/cons of pistols?
    Pro: Short/mid range, fast fire, dual wieldable.
    Con: Consumes ammo quickly, pretty much have to dual wield if you're going to use a pistol and not another weapon under the pistol group.
    I'm sure there's others but that's the basics.
    what is the best class for exploring and crafting?
    There really are no classes, so if you want to craft, all you need to know is what stats to invest your AP in. I highly suggest reading up on how AP works and character creation on a website before diving into it.

Side note, I just crafted the bridle for my first horse and moved out of my intro town. Can't remember the last time I've been this proud in an MMO 8D

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!