Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Cliff

redcliff.cubizone.com/index.php

Red Cliff Open Beta starts 16th October 2009 at 2:00pm (GMT+8)

I did play during close beta so a quick overview of the game:

First impression was bloom overkill, horrible UI and lackluster music, wasn't that impressed. After doing a few quests getting to level 10 i got hooked and managed to hit level 40 in a week.

The game is quest based with the usual kill X fetch X quests grind. There are daily(tavern) and repeatable quests to help with levelling. Joining a guild will also give you a few extra daily quests, doing these is how guild contribution works. Fishing can also be done daily to help with exp, along with a daily treasure hunt for rare items.

Crafting is pretty streamlined, i found myself levelling it up as i levelled up, crafting food and medicine as well as gear saved me a lot of gold.

There were 10 weapons or shall i say class during close beta, combat usually involved a starter skill that starts the combo buff, then spamming skills using MP to build up vigour for more powerful attacks. You can also dual class later on. There also looks to be mount combat but wasn't available during close beta.

The battlefields are the instances of this game, they require teamwork to complete as you’ll face off against hordes of soldiers accompanied by elites that require 2-3 players to bring down, defending towers or attacking them. You'll get rewarded with a special type of currency that can be used to purchase gear and stuff.

Trailer - www.youtube.com/watch

First battlefield - www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

"First impression was bloom overkill, horrible UI and lackluster music, wasn't that impressed."  Probably should have stopped there instead of confusing us by saying you liked the game despite it being awful LOL  Perhaps listing at least one reason you liked it.