Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blah, Swtor destroyed soon by swtorhead

This cant be serious? Database sites already in the making for SWTOR? How are they even able to get in to make UIs and crap for the game?

www.ifreelance.com/project/detail.aspx

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

You do know it's pretty common practice within this genre to have databases right? Not sure what is destroyed by adding that?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I don't see the problem here.

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548

agreed, I don't see what the issue here is. I understand that it's a little ridiculous that someone is already working on a database website though. How is that 'destroying' anything though? Video game info databases have existed since......well pretty much since ever. Of course they used to be in paper form for the most part.

I guess the moral here is to stop freaking out over nothing.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Well if they allow addons the game is pretty much worthless to play.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

They will have one most def........

But It's not going to be "swtorhead" :-/ For one, that's on iFreelance.com, for 2 that's an extremely unprofessional ad.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

While it's a lil' bit too early, MMO databases are common.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

I'll probably stick with Alakazam or Ten Ton Hammer.

• InfalibleInfalible Member Posts: 204

Actually, it isn't ridiculous that development has started on a databasing site like this.

Bioware have just begun facilitating beta applications for closed beta. Sites like Curse and Zam will no doubt find a way into that beta test, possibly through Bioware letting them in or possibly through another means such as buying the keys from a third party. Both Curse and Zam are facilitators of databasing sites (Thottbot, WoWHead, WoWDB, WARDB, AoCArmory, AionArmory, ROMDB) however they both have existing infrastructure for the website itself, so they probably haven't started heavy development just yet, although they probably are working on graphic and website templates.

This site looks like a completely fresh start up and more than likely is building the site from scratch.

There is no real reason why back end development on the site can't start now. It's a wise move in fact. Get the database layout, graphics, website and user login process sorted prior to getting access to the game as none of that requires any form of hook into the game itself. Then, when the beta is released you can start working on the data gathering process for the game itself instead of floundering around trying to get a website sorted out.

http://www.themmoquest.com - MMO commentary from an overly angry brit. OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED!

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

All the games have fan sites like this. Heck, there's a site called "eqinterface.com" that has small mods to allow you to change how your UI looks. There are wikia's on every game on the market, created by fans.I don't see the problem.