Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So kinda decided to return... Class questions...

TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

So normally I either play a plate wearing dps class, or a hunter/range ranged class.

I mostly solo play as I don't know anyone really playing. I don't mind pvp although I do not do alot of it unless I'm bored.

So any ideas? I've had my account pretty much since retail release but I think the highest I've ever gone was like 8 or so.

Comments

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127

Yeah U should most deff. return if u only got to lvl 8. If U like Range/Hunter class, I would go with a Ranger, Great for solo. And for Plate class, Shadow knights are the best. They are pretty much are easy mode. But yeah U have to get to atleast lvl 20 before u say U dont like that class, or even higher. Some classes dont get better to higher lvls, and at endgame are beast. Their is a new Expansion comming out aswell, think its like 8 months away.

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

So I went to install and then decide if I wanna resub... Found out it won't let you install from the downloader unless you have a sub.... 

So I resubbed.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_profile.vm?characterId=861133102&sessionid=

Heh that's my only current character.

Installing now 3 hours to go :-/

• DosasDosas Member Posts: 104

Fighters (the non cleric plate wearers) are tanks in everquest, they dont fill dps roles in groups/raids, just a fyi.

If you want melee dps, try the scouts.

Still downloading :-/ 

What about Swashbucklers?

Originally posted by TwiggLe

As far as physical dmg goes, it kinda falls down to this (again really depends on player)

Assassins>Rangers>Swashbucklers=Brigands.

What rogues have though in contrast to predators, is that they bring alot more utility, plus they have stunlocking abilities (especially the Brigand). Sins and rangers are pretty much pure dps.

Swashies have alot of aoe potential, whereas Briggies bring one of the most important mob debuffs in the game (dispatch).

Edit:

The archetypes-sub classes go like this:

FIGHTERS (tanks):

Guardian-> most defensive cooldown based warrior, physical combat arts.

Berserker-> offensive version of warrior, great aoe potential, physical.

Paladin->defensive crusader with small heals, hate transfers and great aoe threat through spells/physical.

Shadowknight->dps oriented crusader with life leeching and spike dmg cooldowns, spell/physical

Monks and bruisers-> dps/tank hybrids that tank through avoidance and not mitigation.

SCOUTS (melee dps/support):

Assassin/ranger: predator archetype - pure dps with poison/melee focus on 'sin and ranged dmg on ranger.

Swashbuckler/brigand: rogues with focus on physical dmg positionals, debuffs and group utility.

Dirge/Troubador: bard archetype with magic/physical dmg, a bit cc and great utility/power regen, dirges buff melee groups and troubies caster groups.

MAGES (dps/utility):

Wizard/Warlock-> sorcerer archetype, great dps, wizard focuses on elemental single target dmg, and lock on aoe poison/noxious dmg.

Summoner/Necro-> pet based casters, great dps, not so group friendly, great soloers.

Illusionist/Coercer-> enchanter mage archetype. Best utility/power regen for groups. Illusionist has higher dps and is mez master whereas coercer can charm mobs, and has melee utility in buffing threat for tanks, de-hate for everyone else, and pure dps buff for physical.

PRIESTS (healers):

Fury/Warden: druid archetype that heals through healing over time spells. Fury is great magic dps, whereas warden has longetivity and can also spec for melee dmg.

Templar/Inquisitor: Cleric archetype. Lots of direct heals/reactives/cures. Inquisitor can spec melee dmg, and templar is one of the most capable healers in game.

Mystic/Defiler: shaman archetype that 'heals' through preventing dmg (wards). Mystic can spec melee dmg, and defiler is very versatile and durable.

Hope it helps.

Messed around on my necro got to level 11. Then made a berserker. Got to level 5. 

So far I like the berserker alot.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Swashbucklers will not do as good a dps as assassin/ranger classes.  Warlock and wizards will also do more dps depending on the fight.  Swashbucklers/brigands usually come in at that point in dps.  Swashbucklers are the toughest scouts.  A swashbuckler can spec some tank abilities and even do some tanking in a pinch.  Swashies are desired in groups for hate transfer on the main tank and for debufs.  Brigands have better debufs but not hate transfer.  Most raids will want 1 swashy.

---
    Ethion

• Ek@nEk@n Member UncommonPosts: 21

So normally I either play a plate wearing dps class, or a hunter/range ranged class.
    I mostly solo play as I don't know anyone really playing. I don't mind pvp although I do not do alot of it unless I'm bored.
    So any ideas? I've had my account pretty much since retail release but I think the highest I've ever gone was like 8 or so.

Do you want to play as "plate dps" class (tank then) roll a Shadowknight. But if u want to go as pure dps, no doubt a Assassin.

So far i've gotten to level 12 on my berserker. I'm having alot of fun playing him. Just wish I could find a new weapon on him already. More then likely find one after I get off the starter island. Did find a decent staff in a chest though that I replaced my 2 1h axes with.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_profile.vm?characterId=749173117

So far i've gotten to level 12 on my berserker. I'm having alot of fun playing him. Just wish I could find a new weapon on him already. More then likely find one after I get off the starter island. Did find a decent staff in a chest though that I replaced my 2 1h axes with.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_profile.vm?characterId=749173117

Don't use 2handed weapons on the zerker.

Go for dual wield, and spec down the sta line for the double attacks.

Also go to Timorous Deep and do all the starter quests there up to 20, you will get great armor (the best out of the starter areas) and decent weapons that will last you easily till late 20s.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Dosas

Don't use 2handed weapons on the zerker.
    Go for dual wield, and spec down the sta line for the double attacks.

Also go to Timorous Deep and do all the starter quests there up to 20, you will get great armor (the best out of the starter areas) and decent weapons that will last you easily till late 20s.

Dual wield when you are in an offensive mode.  I often go one-hand and shield while soloing, since the shield allows some good stun and knockdown attacks.  Depends a lot on what and how many you are up against: defense against heavy attack, or "peace thru superior firepower".

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I just started also. What server you guys on? I am on Antonio Bayle

I play a coercer in Splitpaw server (eu-pve) and a warden in Nagafen (us-pvp).

If you happen to be on those servers, pm Maejima and Barbadosa (respectively), will be happy to help if I can.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Mannish

I just started also. What server you guys on? I am on Antonio Bayle

ethion is on najena

---
    Ethion

I'm on the Bazaar with a friend mostly.

but also play on nejina (sp)