Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intrested in game

RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Should i go buy this game on payday? Yes or no and want perspectives from active players.

Any posting flame posts will have plungers fired at them! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

Comments

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

Yes. You will either love it or hate it, there appears to be no middle ground. If you hate it you can despair and attempt to sell the account, if you love it you will have thousands of hours of cheap entertainment ahead of you. You can read a couple of good reviews in earlier posts which sums up much of the game.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Adjust the following sliders. If you end up mostly on the right side, FE is for you.

Dumbed down ---------- | ---------- Elaborate

Handholding ------------ | ----------- Finding things out yourself

Crafting added as an afterthought ---------- | ---------- Crafting as an addictive, complete part of the game

Eyecandy over gameplay ---------- | ---------- Gameplay over eyecandy

Auto aiming and attacking in 3rd person ---------- | ---------- Realtime aiming and attacking in 1st AND 3rd person

Lineair character progression ---------- | ---------- Open character progression

Walled in gameworld with preloaders ---------- | ---------- VAST, open world without preloaders.

Level rewarded mounts which jump out of your pocket ---------- | ----------  Crafted mounts with storage space and allow mounted combat and are persistant in the world.

Swords, Shields, Elves and Orcs ---------- | ---------- Sniper Rifles, Hockey Masks, Mutated prairy chickens & Dune Buggies

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Adjust the following sliders. If you end up mostly on the right side, FE is for you.

Crafting added as an afterthought ---------- | ---------- Crafting as an addictive, complete part of the game

Auto aiming and attacking in 3rd person ---------- | ---------- FPS style combat in 1st AND 3rd person

Lineair character progression ---------- | ---------- Open character progression

Walled in gameworld with preloaders ---------- | ---------- VAST, open world without preloaders.

Mounts which jump out of your pocket ---------- | ----------  Crafted mounts with storage space and allow mounted combat and are persistant in the world.

Swords, Shields, Elves and Orcs ---------- | ---------- Sniper Rfles, Hockey Masks, Mutated prairy chickens & Dune Buggies

Very well done DarkPony!

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan

• BogieBogie Member UncommonPosts: 65

Has anyone been able to find this game in a store?  I've checked the local Best Buy and Target, but neither have it in stock.  Or is this just a digital download game?

Bogie

Corellian Run
    Jedi Sentinel

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Ty Darkpony that was good insight. Im gonna go get it.

(AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Looks at Darkpony...wants to fire plunger....turns and looks for new target)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Hmmm...DarkPony's got me interested...nice job with the "sliders", man.  Gonna go check out the FE site and do some research.  Thanks to the OP for mentioning, and thanks to Dark for providing some input.

• BogieBogie Member UncommonPosts: 65

Thanks.  I just checked the Fallen Earth website and it appears to be a game not sold in the usual stores. 

Bogie

Corellian Run
    Jedi Sentinel

• scruffoscruffo Member Posts: 38

if you like FPS and MMOs its defintly worth a crack its lacking some key features such as amazing AI but the bits of it like FPS with MMO are offered by next to no other games so have to be experianced atleast once :)

i thought age of conan was ment to be new and exciting...

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

I saw it in a local store here.  Store name is Hastings.

Here is link for ordering: www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Fallen-Earth-Welcome-to-the-Apocalypse/sku/278980198.uts

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Auto aiming and attacking in 3rd person ---------- | ---------- Realtime aiming and attacking in 1st AND 3rd person

Level rewarded mounts which jump out of your pocket ---------- | ----------  Crafted mounts with storage space and allow mounted combat and are persistant in the world.

Swords, Shields, Elves and Orcs ---------- | ---------- Sniper Rfles, Hockey Masks, Mutated prairy chickens & Dune Buggies

Simply Classic!

This should be a sticky on this forum and also read by players that are on the fence.

Great Job DP!

• FreddyDingoFreddyDingo Member Posts: 21

Nice job DarkPony, made me giggle :D

As an active player myself, I find FE to be very reminicent of old SWG Pre-CU. The open-ended character creation and actual consequences for not preparing yourself for the game make it seem, to me, that this is a much more in-depth MMO. My suggestion to any new player is to go to FEs website and read the guides on the forums, make sure you know what you want to do and exactly how you do it. Now, I'm not saying if you make a mistake early on it will ruin the end for you (unless its a HUGE mistake), but having an understanding of what you want to do will make the game a much more enjoyable experience.

Hopefully I'll see you out on the Wasteland! :D

"Well, I woke up this morning and I wasn't dead. I suppose that means it's a good day."

• Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300

Trial or bust for me, i'm afraid. I'm not spending 50 dollars on a game to just end up not liking it,

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Dark-Asylum

Trial or bust for me, i'm afraid. I'm not spending 50 dollars on a game to just end up not liking it,

i played the beta

the game is pretty bad 

• Garland7GGarland7G Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by rr2real

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum

i played the beta

the game is pretty bad 

I also played in beta and didn't like it, however, now for some reason i love it! lol

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Ty Darkpony that was good insight. Im gonna go get it.
    (AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH Looks at Darkpony...wants to fire plunger....turns and looks for new target)

You are bloody hilarious!

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by FreddyDingo

My suggestion to any new player is to go to FEs website and read the guides on the forums,

That is very good advice as well!

Also; when you get it; set it up properly, graphics wise, and use the optimization tips in the downloadable player guide and the optimization guides on the forums (in the player guides section). ((Some functions like anti-alliassing are best forced on your graphics card rather then handled by the game)).

FE still needs some polish here and there and if you get upset by the occasional glitch or bug you should think again. If you look past this and realize the game has just released it is hard to be anything less than impressed. (The amount of content for a new game is just amazing).

More tips:

FE requires some trial and error and 'getting into' for some. Don't give it just an hour to hand out your verdict, give it at least a few days to get comfortable with controls, the UI and some of the core game mechanics.

Join a clan as soon as possible if you like it. There is a real advantage in FE  to a group of players helping eachother out with questions but also crafting components and getting some knowledge of vet players. The advantages in joining a clan are larger in FE than in many other games I played. (Unless you are a real lone wolf yourself and prefer finding things out only by yourself).

Also make a mount as soon as possible. (If you get a free ATV; better not to use the key-item which will consume on use, but use it as a component in more advanced recipies later; it is a gas guzler and expensive to maintain as a lowbie). You can get a horse in just a few levels. Only leave your 'hometown' and follow up on your main quest after you have made a horse :)

What Freddy Dingo said; be carefull with spending your advancement points, the amount is limited and respeccing, when it is implemented, will be limited to just a few points. Decide on what you want with your character early on.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

You can "make" a horse?!!!

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Should i go buy this game on payday? Yes or no and want perspectives from active players.
    Any posting flame posts will have plungers fired at them! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only buy it if you want to say goodbye to your real life ! because its whats happened to me since I started playing it !

One of the most addictive , immersive and fun games I have ever played .... and I have played them all.

Ps .. One thing I will say is that you kinda need to give this game time to click into place, it has quite a steep learning curve at first, and you can feel like WTF do I do now when your dumped into the game after the tutorial.

Trust me though once this game kicks in, it grabs you by the Nuts and wont let go  ! 

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Swords, Shields, Elves and Orcs ---------- | ---------- Sniper Rifles, Hockey Masks, Mutated prairy chickens & Dune Buggies

Whoa ..... Darkpony Strikes again, Kudos to you sir for this post !!  :)