Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF: MMO that is solo friendly...

TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

So I really enjoy MMO's like alot.. 

I've played, 

DOAC, EQ2, Asheron's Call 1 and 2, Champions Online, Matrix Online, WoW, Vanguard, LotR, Lineage 2, Archlord, Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Aion, Dungeons and Dragons, and the list goes on... 

I don't mind going back to any of these (cept WoW really atm kinda waiting for the expansion.) but I wanted something that's pretty solo friendly. 

I'm not too good at finding people in games and grouping ect. So i need something that I can basically not have to group ( I don't mind grouping just hard for me to find groups. ). 

I don't mind PVP but I don't want it required. (either having the option to or server with/without pvp) I like crafting alittle but I don't tend to spend much time on it. Questing, Grinding, and Dungeons are what I like most. Loot and such is a big + 

I mostly tend to play Tank/Warrior classes, and sometimes hunter/ranger types. 

Any ideas?

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Dungeon Fighter Online.

It's something different from what you are used to. It's solo-able but may be a bit hard but It's extremely easy to find parties too (the party system makes it  so easy that you don't have to type anything, just look at the party list in your zone and select the party that's doing the same thing as you)

Definitively something to try while you wait for WoW Cataclysm or any other game.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by TwiggLe

I've played, 
    DOAC, EQ2, Asheron's Call 1 and 2, Champions Online, Matrix Online, WoW, Vanguard, LotR, Lineage 2, Archlord, Star Wars Galaxies, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Aion, Dungeons and Dragons, and the list goes on... 

I don't mind going back to any of these (cept WoW really atm kinda waiting for the expansion.) but I wanted something that's pretty solo friendly. 

I'm not too good at finding people in games and grouping ect. So i need something that I can basically not have to group ( I don't mind grouping just hard for me to find groups. ). 
    I don't mind PVP but I don't want it required. (either having the option to or server with/without pvp) I like crafting alittle but I don't tend to spend much time on it. Questing, Grinding, and Dungeons are what I like most. Loot and such is a big + 

Any ideas?

Solo Friendly? Hand holding? Hell that's what the whole industry has become! That's the reason I have about had it with the whole MMO  scene. People these days have turned into unfriendly, rude assholes because of it. Thank god for Vanguard, FFXI, EVE online. The hell with any new games cause they are nothing but single player online games. CRAP! ( Rant off!)

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by Wrender

I've played, 

Any ideas?

Solo Friendly? Hand holding? Hell that's what the whole industry has become! That's the reason I have about had it with the whole MMO  scene. People these days have turned into unfriendly, rude assholes because of it. Thank god for Vanguard, FFXI, EVE online. The hell with any new games cause they are nothing but single player online games. CRAP! ( Rant off!)

Yes its obvious that those who promote grouping are especially friendly and social. 

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Heh Heh! :)

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I think you'll have a harder time finding an MMO that isn't solo friendly these days.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by Palebane

I think you'll have a harder time finding an MMO that isn't solo friendly these days.

True, and judging by the OP's list of games already played, about the only thing I can honestly recommend would be any F2P MMORPG.

Take a look at Runes of Magic, Perfect World, and if you're into games with an Asian feel, Jade Dynasty.

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

Have you considered Aion?

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I heard Fallen Earth is pretty solo-friendly

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

You might want to give City of Heroes/City of Villains a try. Yes, it's a lot simpler than some of the games you've mentioned but it does allow for more solo play. A feature of the game allows a difficult mission to be completed (and given credit) to keep the story arc going. The feature, however, can only be used every three days but at least it doesn't stop your progress dead in its tracks when you get a group mission and have to look for a group to do it.

CoX has crafting in the way of "Inventions," enhancements that when crafted in sets gives your powers additional buffs. The invention system is optional - if players don't want to craft they don't have to.

PvP is available in the Arena (for combat between heroes) as well as Bloody Bay, Warburg and Siren's Call (for hero/villain combat)

Now the disclaimer...the  game is 5 years old so I really couldn't give you exact info on server populations. As was stated above the game is on the basic side and a lot of players have moved onto games that contain a bit more punch (no pun intended). A plus is that new content is introduced on a regular basis. The latest "issue" (update) is of a cosmetic nature in that some powers' effects can now be customized with colors, bright/dark effects and in the case of a power like Martial Arts, new animations.

There is a 14-day free trial available if you're willing to give it a shot...and no, I am not affiliated with CoX in any way shape or form. I've played the game off and on since first wave of beta and still enjoy it even after 5 years. :)

Hope this helps!

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

I've played, 

Any ideas?

I"m neither unfriendly or rude... If people ask me if I want to join a group and such I'm all for it. But with my random play times, or just being able to login for 20-30minutes a day it makes it hard for me to keep a constant connection with people I meet ingame. People I meet tend to out level me super fast and I get left behind.

Also I must have missed it but I've played City of Heroes/Villians. I actually just reinstalled it cause they had a double Xp/Free activation weekend.

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

Hmm... Last I checked, Vanguard was pretty solo friendly. Also, EVE online can be played exclusively solo depending on what you want out of the game, and even if you go for more of a PvP angle on it, you can still spend a good chunk of your time being effective without a group....

• TwiggLeTwiggLe Member UncommonPosts: 85

Decided to get EQ2 a try again. Never got past like level 8 anywho. So it will still be like a newish game to me.