Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CMO = Avoid like the plague!

Seriously if they dont get another publisher i enplore you *DO NOT* buy this game it'll be dead within 2-4years.

See Archlord and RFO (Rising force online). All the time Both these games were live (at there hands) the devs did little in terms of events, and they have the worst publisher-developer relations staff around with both games (in the EU) they failed to keep up with updates and failed to aquire new contracts with both developers.

This isnt a plea for a change i just want to warn people that didnt already know about CMO underhand tactics at screwing both games communities over.

Comments

• But dude sometimes they see some code and they're all like mastering it.

• HoundeyeHoundeye Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by Axxar

But dude sometimes they see some code and they're all like mastering it.

Ha thats when there developing not publishing :P

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

I love the first Jumpgate which has the best space flight engine to date still. All JG needed was a publisher that was not completely bankrupted and it would have had a way bigger following than most mmos. It never even had any advertising and it is still running to this day.

Besides Lord of the Rings Online is one the top rated mmo's on mmorpg.com. So Code Masters have some successful games that they published.

JGE has way more support than JGC ever did and JGC was really quite good so JGE should be at least fun, but I suspect it will be the game that breaks the lame mmo streak we seem to have in the mmo market right now. I really want a good action mmo.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Yeah not touching JGE because of past experiences with CM or any other game the help publish.

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

CodeMasters is a decent publisher, there is a lot worse out there. Do I see myself playing JGE for four years probably not. It would need to have sandbox style universe and it being totally open for me to just call it home forever. JGE does have a lot of things going for it though, so looking forward to play this one when it is released.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

Originally posted by freejackmack

I love the first Jumpgate which has the best space flight engine to date still. All JG needed was a publisher that was not completely bankrupted and it would have had a way bigger following than most mmos. It never even had any advertising and it is still running to this day.
    Besides Lord of the Rings Online is one the top rated mmo's on mmorpg.com. So Code Masters have some successful games that they published.
    JGE has way more support than JGC ever did and JGC was really quite good so JGE should be at least fun, but I suspect it will be the game that breaks the lame mmo streak we seem to have in the mmo market right now. I really want a good action mmo.

Tbh im not one of these nuts that has all the figures layed out for me so as far as im aware LOTR is doing well "currently" (in the EU) however all you have to do is look at DDO on CMO servers which are still on a P2P basis yet Turbine in the US is now updated to the new DDOU client which is F2P so from what i can tell when LOTR fails to make CMO the sort of money they want they will probably just ditch it.

I've never play LOTRO and if i ever did i would sign up on the Turbine US servers rather then for the CMO servers. They had 2 games that could have still made them alot of money but they failed both communities by letting them get outdated and upsetting the developer.

• einexileeinexile Member UncommonPosts: 197

It should be noted that Archlord was in terrible shape for at least its last year of life under CM. It was so utterly broken many people couldn't get it to run at all, and there was no movement on it. Under Vista SP1 it wouldn't even launch, and while the pre-SP1 jokes were valid, I've tried 50 or 60 MMOs under Vista SP1, and the only ones that wouldn't work at all were Planetside and Asheron's Call.

I played LotRO for a while and it was a generally good experience. As it should have been, being Turbine's fourth game. It is not terribly successful and hasn't been canceled. I think if this game does moderately well they won't drop it. It's unlikely anyone expects much from an MMO anymore, and CM supposedly wanted to keep hosting RFO and Archlord but couldn't negotiate new contracts. (Maybe someone can correct me on this.)

In any case, there are a lot of good games out there and quitting a decent MMO after a year or so is better than never playing it at all.

einexile the meek
    Vacuos, Winterlong, Vaciante, Eicosapenta
    Atlantean, Tyranny, Malton

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

CM have been doing a good job with LotrO Europe. There are alot worse publishers out there. That they failed with 2 crappy korean grinders doesnt mean much...

The problems with DDO europe is becuase Atari have the rights there and Turbine are suing them. You should be glad that Atari dont have their greedy hands on this game atleast, they are one of the worst in the industry.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

anyways jumpgate evolution is counter - strike in a space ship with some boring quests .. it sucks  .. i know it ;) 

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by einexile

It should be noted that Archlord was in terrible shape for at least its last year of life under CM. It was so utterly broken many people couldn't get it to run at all, and there was no movement on it. Under Vista SP1 it wouldn't even launch, and while the pre-SP1 jokes were valid, I've tried 50 or 60 MMOs under Vista SP1, and the only ones that wouldn't work at all were Planetside and Asheron's Call.
    I played LotRO for a while and it was a generally good experience. As it should have been, being Turbine's fourth game. It is not terribly successful and hasn't been canceled. I think if this game does moderately well they won't drop it. It's unlikely anyone expects much from an MMO anymore, and CM supposedly wanted to keep hosting RFO and Archlord but couldn't negotiate new contracts. (Maybe someone can correct me on this.)
    In any case, there are a lot of good games out there and quitting a decent MMO after a year or so is better than never playing it at all.

Vista does have a certain degree of compatability issues, so its not really fair to blame a game that was not designed to run on it, as they did work fine on XP etc. if anything, blame Microsoft, though i think you'll find that W7 probably resolved a lot of the issues that Vista caused, one of the reasons W7 was brought forward after all, was because Vista was dodgy.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by nepulas

anyways jumpgate evolution is counter - strike in a space ship with some boring quests .. it sucks  .. i know it ;) 

And looking at your sig was self-explanatory, "Playing : Eve & Allods Online".

Allthought, i wont argue with you about JGE because i havent played it. I will argue with that the quests in JGE can never, and i mean never, be as boring and repetetive as in eve.

Dont take me wrong though, im not bashing eve - its a great game.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

Lotro is succesful, but Turbine made it. CM on the other hand made me quit. Their servers even crashed when 2 raids fought each other... So the PvMP was limited to some smaller ganking, unless you want huge lag spike and servers crashes.

There's no way i'll ever touch one of their games again.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

Originally posted by shepx22

Originally posted by Houndeye

Seriously if they dont get another publisher i enplore you *DO NOT* buy this game it'll be dead within 2-4years.
    See Archlord and RFO (Rising force online). All the time Both these games were live (at there hands) the devs did little in terms of events, and they have the worst publisher-developer relations staff around with both games (in the EU) they failed to keep up with updates and failed to aquire new contracts with both developers.
    This isnt a plea for a change i just want to warn people that didnt already know about CMO underhand tactics at screwing both games communities over.

[Mod Edit]

You obviously browsed straight over my post as another negative thread about the game, Instead im giving a negative response to the publisher, Launches dont mean anything its how the publisher handles new updates, expansions, price competition, Events etc, All of which i might add CMO are completely rubbish at.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

In this day and age why should online game even want a publisher? 

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

ive had no problems with codemasters and lotro what so ever, ive been with far worse in the past, and i have to remind you that 2 failed games? you smoking crack?

they were fail even before they got here, not a lot of demand in the eu for korean grinders.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• Zorvan01Zorvan01 Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by freejackmack

That's due to Turbine publishing the U.S. version.

image]image