Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

' instead of apostrophes.

AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Quite frequently when I post a message, I'll discover all my apostrophes were replaced by '  I've noticed others having the same issue.  This happens maybe 40% of the time?   My assumption is maybe there's some invisible formatting that I end up inadvertantly deleting when using WYSIWYG.

Example: "it'll look like this" becomes "it'll look like this".

Thankfully the work around is to edit the post and Replace All, but it's pretty irritating.

Bonus questions:

• Is it an IE issue that sometimes the forum text field will reset to the top of the field?  Basically I'll write a long post (so the scrollbar appears) but instead of staying "focused" on where I'm typing, it scrolls to the top.  Seen it happen with other forums, not just MMORPG.com's, and it'd be nice to find a workaround. :/
  • Any plans for Google Chrome WYSIWYG support?  I'm a bit embarassed to admit that the only reason I use IE is to use that editor in these forums.  IE's so slow and clunky at things. :(

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Comments

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

We are getting ready to update our forum editor to a newer version that should take care of your issues.  Should be done this week or next.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I have a similar issue lately, except in my case when I use my apostophe it brings up a quick find link menu (firefox). Only occurs while trying to write a post on this site.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson